2018 Acceptances

4 minutes ago, mk-8 said:

Thanks everyone!!

Davida Charney and some of my POI just emailed me, and I know I need to email back, but I can't stop shaking to think of a coherent sentence to write back.

Oh amazing you're fancy! I just got an email from the grad coordinator, which I'm building myself up to respond to even though I've just gotta be like THANKS 

8 minutes ago, mk-8 said:

Thanks everyone!!

Davida Charney and some of my POI just emailed me, and I know I need to email back, but I can't stop shaking to think of a coherent sentence to write back.

Take your time! Like, an hour tops :P 

But the offer isn't going anywhere yet. You better make sure you've regained at least part of your coherency before sending an email back!

3 minutes ago, Yanaka said:

But the offer isn't going anywhere yet. You better make sure you've regained at least part of your coherency before sending an email back!

Yeah I'm a firm believer in minimizing emails so I'll just respond when I've figured out if I can attend the visiting days.

3 minutes ago, unicornsarereal said:

Yeah I'm a firm believer in minimizing emails so I'll just respond when I've figured out if I can attend the visiting days.

True. Good tip! Not one that I always follow because I'm impulsive, but yeah the offer isn't going anywhere and it's still early (even more so in Texas!). Make a few calls, scream and cry and laugh a couple of hours before thanking them and asking when you'll have more info haha

1 hour ago, unicornsarereal said:

i got into austin!! holy shit!! 

fyi: they sent me an email with a pdf decision.

Yes!!! I knew you had an acceptance on the horizon! Unicorns never say die!

1 hour ago, Stormborn said:

Also just got a UT Austin acceptance! (Same deal, email with PDF attached.) First acceptance after a few rejections -- feels good! Congrats to @unicornsarereal -- perhaps I'll see you around!!

Congrats!!

1 hour ago, more.truly.more.strange said:

When I saw an email about an application decision, I was bracing myself for a rejection from Chicago or Berkeley (per the projected schedule) and was totally shocked by my Austin acceptance! 

Yay!!!!

33 minutes ago, Yanaka said:

32 minutes ago, unicornsarereal said:

Good points- I need to gather my wits still. 

And thanks everyone. Congrats to all the other acceptances, and hopefully there's more good news coming today! I ran out of upvotes, or else everyone would have one!

1 hour ago, mk-8 said:

Good points- I need to gather my wits still. 

And thanks everyone. Congrats to all the other acceptances, and hopefully there's more good news coming today! I ran out of upvotes, or else everyone would have one!

So how do you feel now?!?

1 hour ago, mads47 said:

Congrats Austin acceptances!! Do you know if they sent out all the acceptances in one wave?

No idea, hopefully you have good news coming!

43 minutes ago, Yanaka said:

So how do you feel now?!?

I've calmed down considerably. I went to tell one of my letter writers (a UT-A alum) and talked to her about the program and everything. This included walking up a large hill to walk from the parking lot to her office, so I got a lot of that nervous energy out!

6 minutes ago, unicornsarereal said:

They called me and said 24 out of 300 were accepted. Didn't say about if it was in one wave 

This is interesting! If true, that could mean they're expecting to cut things back.

According to this, they accepted 48 out of 248 applicants for an enrollment size of 18. I'm wondering if they expect a lot of people to either pass on the offer or if the waiting list is used often.

4 minutes ago, JustPoesieAlong said:

Just got word that I will be awarded a fellowship from TAMU! I think it's a pretty swell offer. I'm trying not to get super sentimental, but Texas is my home state and I'm feeling drawn to the idea of going home...:wub:

Sorry had to do it!!!! Congrats :D:D:D