Quit Playing Games (With My Heart) / Projected Rejections

3 hours ago, denislavant said:

Columbia should come out next week. My interviewer said “we’ll notify you in three weeks” which should fall between the 21-23rd 

Thanks for this info. I'm slightly comforted by the survey responder who was accepted with no interview (last year), but right now I'm praying for a master's referral

Edited by hng

Does anyone know when Northeastern will start sending out decisions? What about Fordham? Stony Brook? 

If I haven't heard anything from CUNY, should I just chalk that up to an implied rejection? 

I hope all of you guys are dealing with the wait better than me....

Here's to hoping we all get some news this week! 

Best wishes, everyone! 

13 minutes ago, nervousrex said:

Does anyone know when Northeastern will start sending out decisions? What about Fordham? Stony Brook? 

If I haven't heard anything from CUNY, should I just chalk that up to an implied rejection? 

I hope all of you guys are dealing with the wait better than me....

Here's to hoping we all get some news this week! 

Best wishes, everyone! 

I've already received a rejection from Northeastern, and there is some information floating around GC that they sent out an email to some (perhaps shortlisted) applicants about a prospective students visit. I'm not sure when they will send out acceptances, or if they already have.  

As for CUNY, I don't think anyone should rule them out yet. It sounds like the acceptance emails that have gone out are personalized and "unofficial." It also looks like CUNY typically sends out waitlists shortly after acceptances go out, which has not happened yet. This is all to say that I just don't think they've done the official acceptances yet, and if unofficial acceptances have gone out to all admitted students already, there's still hope for a waitlist. 

18 minutes ago, unicornsarereal said:

and with that yale acceptance on the board i can only assume i will be eating a giant piece of cake tonight.

It says by phone so I think we can give it a few days! If we are to believe that it is real this time...

Edit: Ok the latest says by email, now I am very curious as to what's going on over there.

Edited by punctilious

16 minutes ago, punctilious said:

It says by phone so I think we can give it a few days! If we are to believe that it is real this time...

Edit: Ok the latest says by email, now I am very curious as to what's going on over there.

Missed phone call and a follow up e-mail?

3 minutes ago, Warelin said:

Missed phone call and a follow up e-mail?

Yeah, that's the most logical scenario! Where are you Yale admits, I want the deets!

Also these slowly trickling Brown rejections are heightening my anxiety every time I see a new one. Ughhhhhhh.

7 minutes ago, northwestnative said:

So are we assuming that Rutgers is done? Have we heard from any waitlist notifications? 

9 minutes ago, punctilious said:

Another Yale acceptance via phone--would they really call at this time in the evening? Or maybe the poster just didn't put the result up right away?

I don't know, but I am asking myself the very same questions!! Both in the past have notified over the course of a few days, but this year, they both seem to be more centered on a single day. If I don't hear anything from them tomorrow, I am chalking them both up as rejections.

8 minutes ago, bpilgrim89 said:

I don't know, but I am asking myself the very same questions!! Both in the past have notified over the course of a few days, but this year, they both seem to be more centered on a single day. If I don't hear anything from them tomorrow, I am chalking them both up as rejections.

14 minutes ago, northwestnative said:

So are we assuming that Rutgers is done? Have we heard from any waitlist notifications? 

I'm chalking up Rutgers to a nope - could be wrong, but 3 seasons of apps have illuminated certain trends (and have made me an early adopter of the implied rejection.) On the other hand, Rutgers visiting day (if I recall correctly from the website) is mid-March (?) So, I may be wrong. 

18 minutes ago, punctilious said:

Another Yale acceptance via phone--would they really call at this time in the evening? Or maybe the poster just didn't put the result up right away?

I'd guess they (the poster) have updated late in the day. I have no evidence other than (1) my gut and (2) my reading over past results board results. But late night (Yale time) seems odd, right? 

I think there's a better chance we have yet to hear from Rutgers than Yale. The lack of e-mails with the Rutgers results is in line with previous years, but it also means that there isn't an official e-mail one way or another (yet). Yale sending out an e-mail blast on Monday night is much more ominous if you ask me, but I could be wrong. 

I tend to lose hope once people are notified via e-mail; phone calls aren't as suspect. 

Has anyone else gotten rejected everywhere? I'm still waiting on Columbia--not super hopeful, if everywhere else was a no, and if I can preemptively vent for a second: I work here at the university and it makes the humiliation even more poignant to be rejected from my own place of work, by so many faculty I know and work with often. Ughhhh. I was so looking forward to being in school next year and have no idea what to do now. :( It seems like people don't really curse on these boards and I don't want to break any unspoken rules but ksfdjksalfdjksadlfjsadlfjdskl god this sucks 

5 minutes ago, automatic said:

Has anyone else gotten rejected everywhere? I'm still waiting on Columbia--not super hopeful, if everywhere else was a no, and if I can preemptively vent for a second: I work here at the university and it makes the humiliation even more poignant to be rejected from my own place of work, by so many faculty I know and work with often. Ughhhh. I was so looking forward to being in school next year and have no idea what to do now. :( It seems like people don't really curse on these boards and I don't want to break any unspoken rules but ksfdjksalfdjksadlfjsadlfjdskl god this sucks 

I think you will find that you are not alone if you check out this thread:

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation, but I hope that you will hear good things from Columbia!

8 minutes ago, automatic said:

I feel you. I work as an advisor for a program that aids low-income, first-generation scholars in applying to graduate programs and for the last 3 years, I've helped something like 40 students with their applications - all successful. I've gotten one acceptances with a wait list on funding at my bottom choice (because of the funding - I knew it wasn't a guarantee ahead of time). It sucks hard to work in academia and be rejected by academia at the same time. If you drink, have an extra one for me and feel better :-(. 

Edited by ThePandaBard