Fall 2019 Psychology PhD Applicants!

dancedementia

7 hours ago, clinicalpsych2019 said:

Do either of you know if all FIU invitations have been sent out? @ASDadvocate @psychclin

I think they finished the application review last week. I don't think the in-person invitations have made it all out yet. 

Edited by Letitbedone

1 hour ago, TrustingTheProcess said:

Hi everyone, how did you all find out if you were alternates or high alternates for interviews for certain programs? Were you notified or did you have to call/email?

I was notified via personal email after a phone interview! 

2 minutes ago, Waiting272 said:

Has UNC Chapel Hill extended all of their invites already? 

Also, anyone else on the same boat(s) waiting for Harvard and Yale? 

I have been waiting on Yale as well. I'm wondering if I should be losing hope at this point?

Edited by IndyRoo

On 1/14/2019 at 8:00 PM, fuddyduddydancer said:

So far, our invitations include:

A -  Invites to: East Carolina on 2/7 and 2/8; U. Rhode Island, 2/17 - 2/18; Rowan 2/21 - 2/22; UMBC 2/7-2/8

K - Invites to: Rowan 2/21 - 2/22; American University 2/4

Hi there - can you please message me POI for your Rowan University invites? Thanks!

56 minutes ago, IndyRoo said:

I have been waiting on Yale as well. I'm wondering if I should be losing hope at this point?

I have been following the results page, and did not see any postings about interviews for Yale! Checked their website and it says people should be notified by mid-Jan. so I can relate to your feelings. 

Edit: Contacted admissions and they said they sent out invites at the end of December. There may some additional interviews on a rolling basis but not guaranteed. Hope this helps! 

Edited by Waiting272

Anyone heard from UCLA, Columbia TC, or SDSU/UCSD JDP for Clinical Psych PhD? I've seen a few results for them but I'd love any information that's out there, I know they tend to invite and interview later in Jan/Feb. Thanks :) 

To the person that was rejected from UT Austin Cognitive Psych yesterday, could you tell me how you found out? Was it a mass email or directly from your POI? I applied to their Cog. Neuroscience program and haven't heard anything back yet. 

On 1/15/2019 at 12:01 PM, ihatedis said:

It would be great to reached out to the other school to check your application- maybe even call to see if you can get an answer ASAP. However, I would absolutely prioritize the interview school. 

I reached out to the other school and they said decisions are being made next week, but her suggestion was that it is a good idea to save the date of their interview. I don't think that is a promise that I will get an invite, but I'm not sure. What do we think?

Thanks so much for helping. This is definitely a good problem to have and I'm very thankful, but it is really hard to navigate times with these professors who I want to impress. 

2 hours ago, Waiting272 said:

Has UNC Chapel Hill extended all of their invites already? 

Also, anyone else on the same boat(s) waiting for Harvard and Yale? 

UNC has already sent out invites everyone they're interested in interviewing. 

24 minutes ago, davidfreire20 said:

How do you know?

I think they are quoting me from the social thread. I emailed the social grad coordinator yesterday and she responded with that. Unless @nboehm reached out on their own, this info is only for social.

Edited by socpsy

Just now, socpsy said:

I think they are quoting me from the social thread. I emailed the social grad coordinator yesterday and she responded with that. Unless @nboehm reached out on their own!

Did the grad coordinator say that for all departments or specifically social?

For anyone that applied to Clinical Psych PhD programs at UNC-Chapel Hill, American University, or University of Cincinnati - I emailed their graduate admissions and all these programs are still sending out interview invites. Not all interview slots have been filled. UNC applicants will hear by January 18th, and University of Cincy applicants should hear by the end of Jan. Hope that helps!

3 minutes ago, TrustingTheProcess said:

For anyone that applied to Clinical Psych PhD programs at UNC-Chapel Hill, American University, or University of Cincinnati - I emailed their graduate admissions and all these programs are still sending out interview invites. Not all interview slots have been filled. UNC applicants will hear by January 18th, and University of Cincy applicants should hear by the end of Jan. Hope that helps!

Omg thank you so much for doing that I appreciate you immensely!

1 hour ago, socpsy said:

She specifically mentioned that the social program has invited everyone they want to interview with.

Sorry I should've specified social. My mistake 

For anyone waiting on Fordham's Counseling Psychology PhD program: i called today and was told it could take another 2-3 weeks before interviews are offered.

Also, for anyone applying to McGill in Montreal: I was told there wouldn't be any in-person interviews. You will be notified if you are on the short list and then will receive a call. They said not until end of Feb/early March.