Canada MSW 2019

mriley26

On 4/30/2019 at 7:43 PM, blueeyedblonde said:

Does anyone who applied to Laurier know if there is a place to check your application status? If there is, I can't seem to find it. The website only states they'll e-mail with a decision.
Now that my application is in, naturally I need somewhere to obsessively check every 20 minutes for the next several months. 

LORIS is where you can check :) if the page looks the same as when you uploaded all the stuff, my understanding is that a decision hasn't been made yet. Good luck!

1 hour ago, MSWgoals said:

Hello, 

for those of you who are in the 2-year program at Laurier, when is course selection? 

One of the emails I received from Laurier said that course selection will open up mid-May and that we would receive an email with information about it.  I keep checking my Laurier and personal email and haven't received any emails so I don't think it has started yet.

Edited by Jessica_11

Does anyone know if York already sent out the second round of acceptances/rejections for the 2 year MSW program? My status is still “No decision yet-Currently under consideration”

Update: I just called York and they said they are waiting for responses from 2 people...they said it should be sometime this week. There were only 2 spots open after the first round and they sent out the 2 additional acceptances roughly two weeks ago. After the two people reply, they will go from there. If any of you happen to be one of the two people, can you share whether you are accepting or rejecting the offer? Thanks!

Edited by Socialwork5
Update

Is anyone still waiting to see if they got into the Advanced standing at York U? My status still says "under consideration."

Also, a week ago my friend who was waitlisted to U of T received an offer. So U of T waitlist is slowly moving, although not fast enough for those of us who are waiting.

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:37 AM, Socialwork5 said:

Does anyone know if York already sent out the second round of acceptances/rejections for the 2 year MSW program? My status is still “No decision yet-Currently under consideration”

Update: I just called York and they said they are waiting for responses from 2 people...they said it should be sometime this week. There were only 2 spots open after the first round and they sent out the 2 additional acceptances roughly two weeks ago. After the two people reply, they will go from there. If any of you happen to be one of the two people, can you share whether you are accepting or rejecting the offer? Thanks!

I am in the same boat with the one year advanced standing. Its agonizing still seeing that "under consideration" however I'm still hopeful

34 minutes ago, schoolforme30 said:

Is anyone still waiting to see if they got into the Advanced standing at York U? My status still says "under consideration."

Also, a week ago my friend who was waitlisted to U of T received an offer. So U of T waitlist is slowly moving, although not fast enough for those of us who are waiting.

Do you know what stream your friend applied for at u of t?

ive been told as the waitlist is not ranked, they select 'similar' applicants to those who declined.

Hey all, 

Lot's of great information in this thread. I'm wondering if there is anyone in the same situation as me: 5+ years of experience in social services, graduated with a non-bsw undergraduate degree. 

I'm hoping to get into health related social work such as "mental health clinician,"  or working as a resource social worker, residential or hospital." I know that with MCFD they do look for undergraduate + experience, where as the health authorities seem to require MSW. 

I reside in BC, and Im looking for something flexible that I can do either online or part-time/evenings, so I can still work.  At this point i'm not sure if I should be spending my time and money on a BSW is best so that I can do an advanced MSW. I've researched so many schools and I still am not making any progress... 

Anyone in the same boat? 

16 hours ago, Ihatethissomuch said:

Do you know what stream your friend applied for at u of t?

ive been told as the waitlist is not ranked, they select 'similar' applicants to those who declined.

Do you know how many people are usually on the waitlist? Also, do they ever send out an email if we don't get off the waitlist? 

11 hours ago, schoolforme30 said:

Hey. I believe it was the mental health stream.

Sorry to pester you on this point - but any chance you know whether it was the two-year or the advanced standing program?

14 minutes ago, kaur96 said:

Do you know how many people are usually on the waitlist? Also, do they ever send out an email if we don't get off the waitlist? 

I hear the waitlist is pretty large, and I doubt it -- U of T keeps their waitlist open until mid-September, so an email before then is unlikely. 

3 minutes ago, mswash said:

I hear the waitlist is pretty large, and I doubt it -- U of T keeps their waitlist open until mid-September, so an email before then is unlikely. 

3 minutes ago, mswash said:

Hey guys! I just got into U of T!!!!! There is hope!