Canada MSW 2019

mriley26

8 minutes ago, PurpleHeart said:

Hi all,

I was on the waitlist for 2-year MSW at UofT and Windsor. I received an offer of admission for both. I’ve accepted UofT and so a position will be available for Windsor! Good luck to all those who are still waiting. Don’t give up ?

Aw, congrats! Hoping for the best - for all of my fellow neurotics on gradcafe haha :). When did you hear from U of T/what stream did you apply to?

Edited by prospectclin

On 5/23/2019 at 10:27 PM, PurpleHeart said:

Hi all,

I was on the waitlist for 2-year MSW at UofT and Windsor. I received an offer of admission for both. I’ve accepted UofT and so a position will be available for Windsor! Good luck to all those who are still waiting. Don’t give up ?

Well firstly, congrats! Secondly.. did you send your updated transcripts?! I’m debating whether to bother paying to have updated ones sent...

Hi All!

I've been accepted to the full-time MSW program at Laurier this fall (so excited) and had previously been waitlisted at Western however I found out this week that I have been accepted to Western as well.  I had already mentally committed to Laurier but now I'm doing some research to compare the programs and would love to hear from others who are currently attending either Western or Laurier ?

Thanks in advance!

On 5/23/2019 at 10:27 PM, PurpleHeart said:

Hi all,

Congratulations!!! That's so exciting. I got waitlisted at UofT and Windsor and I hope I get into UofT as well. If you don't mind me asking what was your GPA for the last 2 years and what kind of social service experience did you have? :) 

Edited by kaur96

On 5/25/2019 at 5:39 AM, tjo said:

Well firstly, congrats! Secondly.. did you send your updated transcripts?! I’m debating whether to bother paying to have updated ones sent...

Thank you!! I graduated uoft in 2018 and took a year off so the transcript in my application is as updated as they can be lol! 

1 hour ago, kaur96 said:

Congratulations!!! That's so exciting. I got waitlisted at UofT and Windsor and I hope I get into UofT as well. If you don't mind me asking what was your GPA for the last 2 years and what kind of social service experience did you have? :) 

Thank you!! And no problem at all, my gpa was 3.84 and 3.96 in the final 2 years on a 4.0 scale. Plus 2 years experience as a youth mentor/child supervisor in a United Way organization :) and also briefly at a clothing bank/kitchen. good luck I hope you do too, don’t give up!! ?

Has anyone going to Lakehead HBSW (in Thunder Bay or Orillia) heard anything about course selection for the summer/other info about the program? I've reached out multiple times but unfortunately still have no info and it starts in just over a month! 

22 hours ago, PurpleHeart said:

Thank you!! And no problem at all, my gpa was 3.84 and 3.96 in the final 2 years on a 4.0 scale. Plus 2 years experience as a youth mentor/child supervisor in a United Way organization :) and also briefly at a clothing bank/kitchen. good luck I hope you do too, don’t give up!! ?

Woo! Amazing marks!

One more question for ya: How long did U of T give you to accept your offer? Just wondering what the turn around looks like for the first round that has gone out. 

Thanks much!

8 hours ago, Danny11 said:

Has anyone going to Lakehead HBSW (in Thunder Bay or Orillia) heard anything about course selection for the summer/other info about the program? I've reached out multiple times but unfortunately still have no info and it starts in just over a month! 

From what I remember, HBSW program students are e-mailed directly when they can select courses and are provided specific info pertaining to them. I always got the impression that Lakehead handles their HBSW students a little separately from the rest of the student population. For instance, I would get generic e-mails that were relevant to all Lakehead students, then get something that was more specific to just the HBSW students. If you haven't gotten any info about course registration yet, I wouldn't worry, I'm sure it's coming soon. :) 

17 hours ago, blueeyedblonde said:

From what I remember, HBSW program students are e-mailed directly when they can select courses and are provided specific info pertaining to them. I always got the impression that Lakehead handles their HBSW students a little separately from the rest of the student population. For instance, I would get generic e-mails that were relevant to all Lakehead students, then get something that was more specific to just the HBSW students. If you haven't gotten any info about course registration yet, I wouldn't worry, I'm sure it's coming soon. :) 

Thank you so much! I'll try to stay patient :) 

On 5/27/2019 at 10:06 AM, Danny11 said:

Hi! I'll be at the Thunder Bay campus. My admission letter outlined 4 different courses I would have to take for the summer semester that I have been eligible to enrol in for a few weeks now. I completed my enrolment about 1 week ago. Be sure to check your admission letter first. Not sure if the Orillia campus is the same though!

20 minutes ago, VanSW said:

Hi! I'll be at the Thunder Bay campus. My admission letter outlined 4 different courses I would have to take for the summer semester that I have been eligible to enrol in for a few weeks now. I completed my enrolment about 1 week ago. Be sure to check your admission letter first. Not sure if the Orillia campus is the same though!

Thank you so much! Just got an email about registration for the 4 courses this summer so I'm all signed up. Good luck and enjoy the program!!

Help! I'm trying to decide between part-time/distance BSW programs at Dalhousie, Renison (Waterloo) and McMaster. Are any of these schools considered better than the others? ... all are accredited. Any insight is much appreciated :)

17 hours ago, ProBonoJunkie said:

Still waiting on Windsor.. this is ridiculous. How can we find accommodations and deal with work/family arrangements on such short notice ? 

OMG ikr!! It's so frustrating seriously.. I'm hoping to hear back from UofT and maybe Windsor by end of June. I just hope they don't end up telling us by August -___- 

On 6/1/2019 at 9:18 PM, kaur96 said:

OMG ikr!! It's so frustrating seriously.. I'm hoping to hear back from UofT and maybe Windsor by end of June. I just hope they don't end up telling us by August -___- 

Yeah, I know U of T said the waitlist stays open until mid-September. 

On 5/31/2019 at 5:42 PM, lulu76 said:

Help! I'm trying to decide between part-time/distance BSW programs at Dalhousie, Renison (Waterloo) and McMaster. Are any of these schools considered better than the others? ... all are accredited. Any insight is much appreciated :)

I just got into the post-degree BSW program at McMaster! I really like that they include an Indigenous Pathway in their social work programs, which I haven't really seen at other schools on the BSW level.

Has anyone applied to the MSW for Working Professionals program through Windsor University for September 2019 start?

Do you know when they are expecting to send out acceptances?

On 5/15/2019 at 10:54 AM, schoolforme30 said:

Thank you!!!!!!! One year advanced standing. There is movement from the waitlist

Congrats to you and your friend!! Hoping I will be joining you.... Still waiting haha... 

@Ihatethissomuch - Those of us still on the waitlist can't give up hope yet! I know it's hard, I am getting pretty anxious myself.. Just remember, it's still only June, and they continue to accept until the first week of September! My roommate got accepted off U of T's waitlist in August a few years ago. There's still time :) 

To everyone who was accepted to U of T's Advanced Standing program, 

When was your deadline to accept or reject your offer? I heard some people saying they had mid-May dates on theirs, but I'm wondering if there are any more dates coming up?

Sincerely, from someone still on the waitlist. ?

1 hour ago, SocialWERK2019 said:

Congrats to you and your friend!! Hoping I will be joining you.... Still waiting haha... 

@Ihatethissomuch - Those of us still on the waitlist can't give up hope yet! I know it's hard, I am getting pretty anxious myself.. Just remember, it's still only June, and they continue to accept until the first week of September! My roommate got accepted off U of T's waitlist in August a few years ago. There's still time :) 

That really gives me hope. Thank you! :)