Canada MSW 2019

mriley26

I have been waitlisted at UofT and still waiting to hear back from Windsor and York. Does anyone know when I should expect to hear back from Windsor and York? Also, does anyone know around what month UofT lets us know if we got out of the waitlist?

Thanks in advance

10 hours ago, kaur96 said:

I have been waitlisted at UofT and still waiting to hear back from Windsor and York. Does anyone know when I should expect to hear back from Windsor and York? Also, does anyone know around what month UofT lets us know if we got out of the waitlist?

Thanks in advance

For U of T you can get off the waitlist anytime between May and until September. I don't believe there is any sort of cut-off date before then. 

On 4/9/2019 at 11:34 AM, Danny11 said:

I don’t know much but I’ve read in past forums that it tends to move a lot since a lot of people apply to that program + msws. We have to accept by April 26th so there should be movement then. Apparently a good number of the class each year is from the waitlist, so there’s a good chance :) 

Great! Thanks for the info. Off to scour past forums for a better idea about dates!

Hey guys! I spoke to Miljana at Laurier regarding the part time online MSW program and she said that this year there were 560 applicants which is their highest yet! She estimates that because of the high number of applicants the decision process will take quite some time and she doesn’t think Laurier will send out rejections/acceptances until July. 

12 hours ago, kaur96 said:

Thanks in advance

York they tried to do before may

My friend's classmate called York recently and they said that they are most likely going to waitlist applicants who have not received an acceptance into their Advanced Standing MSW.

Hopefully they accept more people who are awaiting a response. All the best to everyone! 

3 hours ago, Mel _01 said:

Hey guys! I spoke to Miljana at Laurier regarding the part time online MSW program and she said that this year there were 560 applicants which is their highest yet! She estimates that because of the high number of applicants the decision process will take quite some time and she doesn’t think Laurier will send out rejections/acceptances until July. 

oh my gosh .... lol you think enough wishful thinking will make them expand the program just a tad ? Thanks for the info tho!

2 hours ago, SC-MSW 2019 said:

My friend's classmate called York recently and they said that they are most likely going to waitlist applicants who have not received an acceptance into their Advanced Standing MSW.

Hopefully they accept more people who are awaiting a response. All the best to everyone! 

Thanks for the update. It seems like they waitlist quite a bit of people 

On 4/5/2019 at 7:19 PM, Danny11 said:

Anyone else get into lakehead’s hbsw in orillia and considering going? Hoping to chat with someone about it!

On 4/6/2019 at 8:51 AM, chandl28 said:

I did :) 

I did as well ?

Hey everyone! Hoping to hear opinions, pros/cons, and points of difference between U of T and Laurier’s 2 year MSW programs. Does anyone know if there’s a forum for this already? Would love to hear from both current students (what made you choose your program, what do you like/dislike about your program?), as well as people who are in the same boat (what points are you considering when making a decision?). I know they are both excellent schools and I am very grateful to have been accepted to both after being waitlisted last year, just feeling unsure about next steps and wanting to make my decision sooner than later so I’m not holding a spot from a deserving person on the wait list. 

14 hours ago, Socwrk2 said:

Thanks for the update. It seems like they waitlist quite a bit of people 

No problem.

It unfortunately seems like they waitlist a lot of people. I know around 180 people applied to York's Advanced Standing MSW this year.

Hopefully you and others are accepted soon!

I got into U of Windsor! I am so very happy! What a whirlwind of emotions!

I was accepted into U of Calgary, U of Windsor and Wilfrid Laurier and waitlisted at U of Toronto. I will be starting my MSW in U of Calgary cause that's where I live! So two lucky people for U of Windsor and Wilfrid Laurier will get my spots as I will be refusing the offers! Good luck to everyone! 

For U of C MSW Foundations...where are my people at?

On 4/11/2019 at 3:17 AM, kaur96 said:

Thanks in advance

Did u hear bk from York? 

11 hours ago, gradstudiescan said:

I was accepted into U of Calgary, U of Windsor and Wilfrid Laurier and waitlisted at U of Toronto. I will be starting my MSW in U of Calgary cause that's where I live! So two lucky people for U of Windsor and Wilfrid Laurier will get my spots as I will be refusing the offers! Good luck to everyone! 

Wow, congratulations! 

I'm still waiting on U of Windsor and I'm wondering did you apply to the 2 year MSW or the advanced standing? 

Best of luck at U of Calgary :) 

On 4/11/2019 at 3:17 AM, kaur96 said:

Thanks in advance

Hi there, 

I heard back from Windsor yesterday! UofT said in their waitlist letter that applicants could be accepted as late as September, but to accept other offers if you get them. I was waitlisted at UofT last year and this year and honestly, I'm not holding my breath that I'll get off the list- I think they just have so many people on there and I think earlier in this forum, someone spoke about how they select the applicants to accept off the waitlist based on the characteristics of the applicant that refused them. So you would have to be similar to the person not accepting their spot in order to get in off the waitlist. I don't know how true this is but it makes sense given that they say that the waitlist isn't ranked.

Hey everyone!

Congratulations on everyone's acceptances thus far. For people who have been waitlisted, do not loose hope! There is still time to hear back.

I am currently working part-time at my work and have a lot of time on my hands. If anyone wants feedback on their applications or want insight about it, feel free to message me! I was accepted at UofC, UofT and UofVic (but rejected at Carleton and York). I had a lot of feedback on my applications and I found this to be very useful in my success. Just want to pay it forward to to other people, if they want feedback as well! :)

8 hours ago, f*ckthepatriarchy said:

Hi there, 

I heard back from Windsor yesterday! UofT said in their waitlist letter that applicants could be accepted as late as September, but to accept other offers if you get them. I was waitlisted at UofT last year and this year and honestly, I'm not holding my breath that I'll get off the list- I think they just have so many people on there and I think earlier in this forum, someone spoke about how they select the applicants to accept off the waitlist based on the characteristics of the applicant that refused them. So you would have to be similar to the person not accepting their spot in order to get in off the waitlist. I don't know how true this is but it makes sense given that they say that the waitlist isn't ranked.

21 hours ago, gradstudiescan said:

Congratulations on being accepted to Windsor! :) Did you apply to the two-year program or advanced standing? The faculty of graduate studies asked me for another transcript on Friday. 

On 4/13/2019 at 8:14 AM, WaitingEndlessly said:

Did u hear bk from York? 

No, I haven't ? It still says "No Decision- currently under consideration". Also, Windsor uni still says "Waiting for confidential reports" so I'm not sure what's going on. 

Edited by kaur96