Canada MSW 2019

mriley26

On 3/31/2019 at 10:20 PM, Ihatethissomuch said:

Not sure about Laurier, but I don’t think the U of T waitlist will move til May at the earliest. I think as spots become available they re-assess the applicants on the waitlist (as its apparently not ranked) so that would take some time. 

Fair enough! Thanks for your response. I had high hopes for Laurier because the letter said there are only approx. 13 of us on the waitlist. But still nothing :( 

57 minutes ago, FeministDreams said:

Mine says admitted for the 2 year York program!!

Congrats!!!! Do you know if acceptances come out all at once? I got waitlisted at Uoft and York is the only other school I applied to so now I'm freaking out :(

2 hours ago, FeministDreams said:

Mine says admitted for the 2 year York program!!

Congrats!!! If you don't mind me asking, did you receive any tuition info from York? I just received my acceptance and York is offering me $16,666 for 5 terms, plus an additional $6,000. I'm totally floored - I never imagined receiving this amount of money. 

I thought I was going to U of T but with this amount of funding from York now, I'm soooooo conflicted. 

3 hours ago, MSWdreams said:

Fair enough! Thanks for your response. I had high hopes for Laurier because the letter said there are only approx. 13 of us on the waitlist. But still nothing :( 

Hey don’t lose hope just yet! There are 21 days from offer of admission to accept the offer of admission! I’m sure the waitlist will start moving after April 21 :) 

4 hours ago, MSWdreams said:

It’s still pretty early. With only 13 people on the waitlist you have a pretty good chance I think! 

Unlike me. I only applied to U of T and was waitlisted. Pretty much doomed hahah ??‍♀️??

Just now, Ihatethissomuch said:

It’s still pretty early. With only 13 people on the waitlist you have a pretty good chance I think! 

Unlike me. I only applied to U of T and was waitlisted. Pretty much doomed hahah ??‍♀️??

Can I ask why you only applied to one school? I was so scared I wouldn't get in to any that I applied to 6 programs lol. Just curious :)

9 minutes ago, f*ckthepatriarchy said:

Can I ask why you only applied to one school? I was so scared I wouldn't get in to any that I applied to 6 programs lol. Just curious :)

I applied for the 1 year advanced standing program at U of T. I currently live in Toronto and am pretty settled here, it would be difficult to move. I specifically want to practice clinical social work, and U of T is the only msw program in Toronto that offers that experience/learning. I had also been falsely confident that I had enough experience/High enough gpa to get accepted. Evidently I was wrong. 

7 minutes ago, Ihatethissomuch said:

I applied for the 1 year advanced standing program at U of T. I currently live in Toronto and am pretty settled here, it would be difficult to move. I specifically want to practice clinical social work, and U of T is the only msw program in Toronto that offers that experience/learning. I had also been falsely confident that I had enough experience/High enough gpa to get accepted. Evidently I was wrong. 

Ahh, I see, that makes sense. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get off the waitlist!

5 hours ago, MDS96 said:

Congrats!!! If you don't mind me asking, did you receive any tuition info from York? I just received my acceptance and York is offering me $16,666 for 5 terms, plus an additional $6,000. I'm totally floored - I never imagined receiving this amount of money. 

I thought I was going to U of T but with this amount of funding from York now, I'm soooooo conflicted. 

Hi! Where do you see the official acceptance letter from York? I got admitted but I can't seem to find it? There's no communications history tab for mine yet :( As far as I know every single accepted student gets $16000 (which is why York only has 20 students), and then more if they want you :) 

@Giantoreo, I think they are sending out acceptances in batches!! Good luck!

5 hours ago, FeministDreams said:

Hi! Where do you see the official acceptance letter from York? I got admitted but I can't seem to find it? There's no communications history tab for mine yet :( As far as I know every single accepted student gets $16000 (which is why York only has 20 students), and then more if they want you :) 

On MyFile, there's a link at the side at the very bottom titled "Decision Letters". It just showed up for me last night. :)

Thank you for the clarification re: funding!

9 hours ago, FeministDreams said:

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted into York's MSW recently! 

I got accepted to York's Advanced Standing MSW Program on March 14 and I got my official letter on MyFile on March 18. Sometimes it takes time for them to upload the acceptance letter. As long as it says you're admitted, you're guaranteed to get an acceptance letter soon! York is very generous with funding which really helps! 

Edited by SC-MSW 2019

2 minutes ago, VanSW said:

Anyone else waiting on Lakehead? Becoming quite impatient! Last years went out on March 28 (I believe).

Still waiting too! Back in February they said the tentative release date was mid-April but I was hoping it would be sooner based on when offers went out in previous years. Fingers crossed an answer comes soon! 

Does anyone have any suggestions for MSW placements? Would anyone recommend doing a placement at a school or a hospital? 

If anyone here already did their MSW or are in the process of doing one, I would appreciate your feedback! Thank you! 

3 minutes ago, Socwrk2 said:

Has anyone actually received a rejection from York yet (from the 1 year advanced standing program)? It sounds like all those who aren't admitted are still "under consideration". I just want to know ..

I'm wondering the same thing for the 2-year program! It still says "under consideration" I'd rather they stated "rejected" just so I have an answer haha 

Just now, MSWgoals said:

I'm wondering the same thing for the 2-year program! It still says "under consideration" I'd rather they stated "rejected" just so I have an answer haha 

I could not agree more. I applied for the 2 year program last year and they did not tell me I got rejected (aka it continued to say 'under consideration') until July which is real late.