Canada MSW 2019

mriley26

1 hour ago, SageAU said:

Didn't see anything on Loris yet! Laurier is the only school I applied to (2 year on campus program).

Hold onto your hats, everyone! Past year threads have shown that acceptances go out on a rolling basis... so some of us very well could see an acceptance later next week. 

SAME HERE! Fingers crossed! Goodluck to you!

12 hours ago, aspiringmsw2019 said:

Does anyone know how many people Laurier accepts for the on-campus 2 year program? 

In previous years it's been approx 75! Someone who's in thier first year of a two year MSW wrote a generously long post talking about the program earlier in this thread, if you look back a few pages.

Hey everyone, does anyone have any experience with working part-time during an MSW program? Now that I've been accepted to UofT and can actually starting planning for the future, I'm beginning to seriously look at my finances and am wondering how people afford school. Is it manageable to work during the 2-year MSW program? 

Hi all,

long time lurker! 

I have been accepted to the 2 year on campus program at Laurier! I was rejected from U of T and lost hope.. and received an acceptance email from Laurier, which was my first choice initially!! Still waiting on York however, and the online Laurier MSW... but the reality of leaving my full time job and returning to school is slowly hitting me. ?

Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back and congrats to anyone that already has! Don’t give up hope just yet! I didn’t think I’d get accepted after that constant refreshing of ACORN to only be rejected from U of T. :(  Sending positive vibes to you all xo 

I also have a quick question.. if I accept the 2 year on campus Laurier offer.. would i no long be considered for the 2 year- online MSW @ Laurier ? 

And does anyone know the tuition difference between the two programs..? 

Thanks in advance! 

1 hour ago, mgauth12 said:

I've officially been accepted to both the Laurier and U of T 2 year programs! I'm leaning towards Laurier so there will most likely be a spot open at U of T! :)

Hi! I have been accepted to both as well! Can I ask you what your reasoning is for leaning toward Laurier? 

Laurier applicant here in my final form of anxiety. When can I expect to know for certain whether I have been accepted or not? They send rejection letters via snail mail, correct? 

Looks like there's been two waves of acceptances so far. What's typical? 3 waves? 

I AM DYING PLEASE SIR WILFRID LET ME IN

1 hour ago, MSWgoals said:

Hi all,

long time lurker! 

I have been accepted to the 2 year on campus program at Laurier! I was rejected from U of T and lost hope.. and received an acceptance email from Laurier, which was my first choice initially!! Still waiting on York however, and the online Laurier MSW... but the reality of leaving my full time job and returning to school is slowly hitting me. ?

Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back and congrats to anyone that already has! Don’t give up hope just yet! I didn’t think I’d get accepted after that constant refreshing of ACORN to only be rejected from U of T. :(  Sending positive vibes to you all xo 

Do you mind me asking when you received this acceptance? Congrats!!!