Canada MSW 2019

mriley26

1 hour ago, ErinCM said:

Last year was the first year of the program and they were very unorganized with the acceptances. The May cohort found out 2 weeks before they were supposed to start. I was accepted for this year's May cohort and found out the first week of January. Keep the faith that you will find out soon.

Thank you for the reassurance! How are you finding the program so far? :) 

1 hour ago, MSWgoals said:

Thank you for the reassurance! How are you finding the program so far? :) 

I haven't started. I start in May. 

Hi ya'll! Anyone have any experience with the Mental Health and Addictions Post-Degree at Humber? I have been accepted to that program... Waitlisted at U of T... still anxiously waiting for York!!! (MSW - 2 year programs)... Anyone know anything about the Post-Degree BSW @ York? I applied there also.... but not sure when to expect an answer

9 hours ago, MSWgoals said:

Thanks so much for the info Jessica :) I’m just wondering where you read that we can still apply for OGS? :0  

@feministdreams take a look at this link for more funding info :) 

Hey,

I know the deadline has passed for this term but I believe the next application opens up again in the fall and closes sometime in December so I think we could still apply at that time and then if we were to be approved we would receive the funding April 2020 (I still need to look into this more).  I did see a note here that https://web.wlu.ca/ogsp/application the "scholarship cannot be held for a single term, you must be enrolled in the "proposed program" at the time of the award commencement".  Does anyone else have more information on this? Can you apply for the OGS during the first term of the MSW program at Laurier?

Edited by Jessica_11

1 hour ago, tjo said:

Hi ya'll! Anyone have any experience with the Mental Health and Addictions Post-Degree at Humber? I have been accepted to that program... Waitlisted at U of T... still anxiously waiting for York!!! (MSW - 2 year programs)... Anyone know anything about the Post-Degree BSW @ York? I applied there also.... but not sure when to expect an answer

Hi, how come you aplied bsw n msw hahah just try to get to msw so dun hv to worry abt the bsw

12 hours ago, WaitingEndlessly said:

Hi, how come you aplied bsw n msw hahah just try to get to msw so dun hv to worry abt the bsw

I’m not the person you’re replying to but I got my BSW first and am now starting an advance standing MSW in September! Some benefits are that you get more placement hours, chances to build close relationships with social work professors (who make good references), a degree that better allows you to practice in the field before going for your MSW than a BA typically does, higher chances of acceptance to the MSW as opposed to 2 year programs, and it shaves off half the time from your MSW anyways so you don’t lose any money or time. The con is that you have to apply to two programs instead of just one and doing a 2 year MSW. 

Hi all, 

For anyone that has been accepted to the 2 year on campus program at Laurier, do you know what the rough schedule would be like? Would we have class everyday? I am trying to plan out my finances and was considering driving there from Toronto depending on how many times a week I would be on campus...any input would be helpful :) 

On 3/31/2019 at 1:52 PM, acciojenna said:

Hi! I have been accepted to both as well! Can I ask you what your reasoning is for leaning toward Laurier? 

Absolutely! I'm currently living in Guelph so getting to stay here since Laurier's campus is in Kitchener rather than relocate is a big plus for me. I am also really interested in trauma and Laurier offers a trauma certificate (as well as a variety of other certificates that are discounted for Laurier students) so I'm really looking forward to completing that!