Canada MSW 2019

mriley26

52 minutes ago, AyeshaH said:

I'm also wondering the same thing. I've been waitlisted at Uoft and my York status still says under consideration ?. Wait so York has already sent the rejections out? 

Yep, I got my rejection from York. My myfile changed to 'application reviewed -- unsuccessful'.

1 hour ago, AyeshaH said:

I'm also wondering the same thing. I've been waitlisted at Uoft and my York status still says under consideration ?. Wait so York has already sent the rejections out? 

I also am wondering this as well. Myfile says the same thing for me as well. I am wondering what these means for the rest of us? However - not getting any hopes up because last year I was rejected in like July 

1 hour ago, Socwrk2 said:

I also am wondering this as well. Myfile says the same thing for me as well. I am wondering what these means for the rest of us? However - not getting any hopes up because last year I was rejected in like July 

Ohh okay, thanks! Yeah it seems like we will be in limbo until York sends another round of acceptances and waitlist offers 

Does anyone know anything about the Laurier Online MSW program? Debating if this is a good program to apply to considering I am working full time right now in the field. If you are currently in the program please let me know! Thanks!

1 hour ago, VanSW said:

Hi All,

Does anyone know about the waitlist at Lakehead? Thanks!

I don’t know much but I’ve read in past forums that it tends to move a lot since a lot of people apply to that program + msws. We have to accept by April 26th so there should be movement then. Apparently a good number of the class each year is from the waitlist, so there’s a good chance :) 

Edited by Danny11

18 hours ago, AyeshaH said:

Ohh okay, thanks! Yeah it seems like we will be in limbo until York sends another round of acceptances and waitlist offers 

The wait is killing me hahah I really hope we find out soon. I have heard the second round of offers would come out this week but who really knows...

1 minute ago, MDS96 said:

If it helps, York gave me until April 16 to accept the offer. So I wonder if next week is when they will re-assess applications and send out another wave of offers. 

Thanks for letting us know. You could be right about that, it would make sense. Are you referring to the two year or one year program? 

32 minutes ago, Socwrk2 said:

Thanks for letting us know. You could be right about that, it would make sense. Are you referring to the two year or one year program? 

2-year program :)

23 hours ago, Socwrk2 said:

The graduate program assistant told me they will finish sending offer by may hopefully 

21 hours ago, idmsw said:

Does anyone know anything about the Laurier Online MSW program? Debating if this is a good program to apply to considering I am working full time right now in the field. If you are currently in the program please let me know! Thanks!

Hi, I emailed them about 2 weeks ago and they told me they are hoping to start sending our letters in May... so fingers crossed ?. If you dont mind me asking, what is your full time occupation? 

1 hour ago, jasp22 said:

LAURIER MSW QUESTION:

I wanted to know if anyone knew which program was more competitive to get into part time or full time? 

I’ve been told that the online part-time is likely to be more competitive simply because many of the applicants are currently working in the field already and have much more experience. But since it’s still a newer program, it’s only going to get more competitive moving forward. 

4 hours ago, MandaMSW said:

I’ve been told that the online part-time is likely to be more competitive simply because many of the applicants are currently working in the field already and have much more experience. But since it’s still a newer program, it’s only going to get more competitive moving forward. 

awh man, im a recent graduate hoping to be accepted with some in field experience while studying.... ? Thanks for the info!

8 hours ago, jasp22 said:

awh man, im a recent graduate hoping to be accepted with some in field experience while studying.... ? Thanks for the info!

I feel you.. I am in the same boat. I’ve applied to both programs and am just keeping my fingers crossed! Best of luck to you!

1 hour ago, MandaMSW said:

I feel you.. I am in the same boat. I’ve applied to both programs and am just keeping my fingers crossed! Best of luck to you!

Have you heard back from the 2 year program? I was going to apply to this one but I wanted to save some money since this would be online and I could do it at home... but now im sort of regretting it lol 

2 minutes ago, jasp22 said:

Have you heard back from the 2 year program? I was going to apply to this one but I wanted to save some money since this would be online and I could do it at home... but now im sort of regretting it lol 

I was waitlisted for the on campus program, and am still waiting to hear about the online. Don’t regret your choice! There’s always a chance! It’s a yes until it’s a no, and even then, it’s just a try again next year!