Canada MSW 2019

mriley26

Just now, mswash said:

I'm wondering this too. Hoping that maybe Acorn only has the framework to show two sessions, lolz.

It's a long shot of a hope, I"m sure, but that's the human heart!

I think that's actually probably accurate, because I also got into the law (JD) program a few months ago and it still isn't showing up on ACORN for me, whereas my non-U of T colleagues all have it show up for them on ACORN. Some external confirmation of this would be reassuring though! 

20 minutes ago, rb0723 said:

I think that's actually probably accurate, because I also got into the law (JD) program a few months ago and it still isn't showing up on ACORN for me, whereas my non-U of T colleagues all have it show up for them on ACORN. Some external confirmation of this would be reassuring though! 

It's possible that the JD program uses a completely different system. The same year I got into the MSW, I also got into the MPH program. The MPH program didn't change my acorn at all. In fact, they wouldn't even send me an official package in the mail until I informally emailed them saying that I intended to accept it. It didn't show up on my Acorn until a few months after I rejected their offer LOL

Edited by SwagMaster

27 minutes ago, rb0723 said:

@SwagMaster Do you know if current U of T undergrad students will have invited show up on ACORN? Right now it's just showing for me the current session (fall/winter undergrad program) and invited into the summer session for undergrad.

Do you see "SW MSW 2 2019-2020 Fall/Winter" or something similar under the Academic section at all?

Well, congratulations to all of those who were accepted! I do not see an "invited" on my ACORN and am disappointed but very happy to see today is the day you all received your acceptances. ❤️

Thanks for your updates. Good luck in all of your endeavors!

Does anyone know how long it takes for acceptance letters to be mailed out after being "invited" on ACORN? Currently in disbelief. I want to celebrate but also scared this might be a glitch lol. 

1 hour ago, jamt1997 said:

To those who have been accepted? What are your first and last name initials? Just wondering if they update it alphabetically. Maybe I'm just been optimistically hopeful. 

My initials are S.Z. Hope that is helpful!

Congrats to all those who have been accepted! This is my second time applying after being waitlisted last year.. I’m wondering if they will send out more “invited” tomorrow. I find it hard to believe they’ve sent all of them today.. trying to hold onto whatever hope there is so I don’t go completely insane LOL any other people in the same boat?

1 minute ago, idmsw said:

Congrats to all those who have been accepted! This is my second time applying after being waitlisted last year.. I’m wondering if they will send out more “invited” tomorrow. I find it hard to believe they’ve sent all of them today.. trying to hold onto whatever hope there is so I don’t go completely insane LOL any other people in the same boat?

Same here! I've been having a panic attack one second, then calm the next. I'm just trying to be more hopeful and repress all my anxious thoughts! Haha

2 minutes ago, Giantoreo said:

Same here! I've been having a panic attack one second, then calm the next. I'm just trying to be more hopeful and repress all my anxious thoughts! Haha

Seriously, I’ve had the weirdest roller coaster of emotions today.. and this being my second time around its pretty excruciating! Hopefully there are more on their way!! Good Luck ☺️

7 hours ago, moonsun.jang said:

Hey guys!! did you guys get an email??

I'm not sure where I missed out but I never got an ACORN account just SGS!!

Hey! I’m in same boat as you, I never received an email giving me an ACORN account, only SGS! Have you been able to figure things out? I emailed admissions at UofT but have yet to hear back from them

Edited by Mel _01

7 hours ago, Dal2UofT said:

Go back in your emails, there should be a login that they gave you close to when you applied! 

I never received an email with my ACORN login either, only my SGS! Do you have any advice on where to go from here? 

1 hour ago, idmsw said:

Feeling the same. Hopefully we can hear something back tomorrow. Best of luck :)

1 hour ago, idmsw said:

EXACT same boat...!!!! Really don’t want to be waitlisted again that was so terrible not knowing for sure until basically september :(!