Canada MSW 2019

mriley26

4 hours ago, Purple-Elephant said:

I’m sorry to hear that :( Western is so expensive and not much funding available. I already live in London with cheap rent and had to turn them down. I was offered almost enough funding from Laurier to cover my tuition, and have been saving up for 2 1/2 years because I’ve planned to get my MSW. I also am going to work part time doing respite, and commute to class so I can keep living where I do. Before my full time offer though I had planned to do the Laurier online part-time MSW so I could work full time longer and then work more hours when I had my placement portion of the program. 

Thanks for your response! I am just finishinh my hbsw and immediately prior did my ssw diploma so it has been a longtime since I was able to work fulltime excepting summers so I have zero savings. And lots of months I hit up the food bank too so I may have to wait. King's sadly does not let you drfer so I would need to reapply. Well who knows. Maybe I will get rich over the summer lol unlikely. On the bright side if I cant think of something or osap doesnt up their money, then relinguishing my spot gives someone else a place! We all have our "time" still gonna bask in the fact Western chose me however lol

18 hours ago, DovesLanding said:

Thanks for your response! I am just finishinh my hbsw and immediately prior did my ssw diploma so it has been a longtime since I was able to work fulltime excepting summers so I have zero savings. And lots of months I hit up the food bank too so I may have to wait. King's sadly does not let you drfer so I would need to reapply. Well who knows. Maybe I will get rich over the summer lol unlikely. On the bright side if I cant think of something or osap doesnt up their money, then relinguishing my spot gives someone else a place! We all have our "time" still gonna bask in the fact Western chose me however lol

Honestly if you were already accepted once, one more year gaining MORE experience (and saving some money) will only help you. I had to take a break and not go for my MSW right away for the same reasons you’re considering waiting. With the changes to OSAP I am sure you aren’t alone. A lot of people probably applied, relying on the free tuition for low income students, and had to decline. 

Recieved a conditional offer from UFV!!! Still waiting for an e-mail or something in the mail. So happy since I was waitlisted at Laurier for the 2 year online program for September. Don't give up folks!!! Keep trying and it will happen in the right time.

1 hour ago, SW-kNM said:

Recieved a conditional offer from UFV!!! Still waiting for an e-mail or something in the mail. So happy since I was waitlisted at Laurier for the 2 year online program for September. Don't give up folks!!! Keep trying and it will happen in the right time.

Congrats! :) 

Did Laurier send out the part time online September offers?? 

2 hours ago, aspiringmsw2019 said:

Congrats! :) 

Did Laurier send out the part time online September offers?? 

September 2018..sorry not this year

Edited by SW-kNM

23 minutes ago, 2019MSWToronto said:

I just got invited to the 2 year MSW program at U of T!

Mine still says under review...I think I'm allowed to start freaking out now! Congrats!!

Edited by Dal2UofT

AHH just got invited to the 2 year program at UofT!! I haven't checked my SGS account yet, but my Acorn says "Invited". 

Congrats to everyone who's been accepted so far! Can't wait to meet you all in September! 

@mswash Wow, I had a dream about being accepted to UofT last night, too! I hope your dream brings as good news as mine. :)

edit: my SGS still says "Under Review", though I remember reading in older threads that SGS takes longer to update than Acorn. 

Edited by MDS96

Congratulations everyone who was accepted to U of T, that's amazing! Now come on Laurier....
Just a friendly reminder once you've made your decision as to what school you will be attending to update the other schools that you were also accepted to....from those of us endlessly waiting on the waitlist haha!

Edited by Jessica_11

7 minutes ago, MDS96 said:

AHH just got invited to the 2 year program at UofT!! I haven't checked my SGS account yet, but my Acorn says "Invited". 

Congrats to everyone who's been accepted so far! Can't wait to meet you all in September! 

@mswash Wow, I had a dream about being accepted to UofT last night, too! I hope your dream brings as good news as mine. :)

edit: my SGS still says "Under Review", though I remember reading in older threads that SGS takes longer to update than Acorn. 

41 minutes ago, 2019MSWToronto said:

I just got invited to the 2 year MSW program at U of T!

31 minutes ago, SDZ said:

Ahhh! Same!!! I am freaking out. I probably will not believe it until I get the official acceptance letter in my hands. Congrats!

Hey guys!! did you guys get an email??

I'm not sure where I missed out but I never got an ACORN account just SGS!!

Just now, moonsun.jang said:

Hey guys!! did you guys get an email??

I'm not sure where I missed out but I never got an ACORN account just SGS!!

Go back in your emails, there should be a login that they gave you close to when you applied! 

Edited by Dal2UofT

Just now, moonsun.jang said:

sorry - I meant where on the ACORN page can I check my applications status??

No worries! Under the "Academics" piece there should be a little window that pops up saying "Invited." There's a picture of it somewhere in this thread or in the previous year's thread!