Canada MSW 2019

mriley26

4 minutes ago, Dal2UofT said:

No worries! Under the "Academics" piece there should be a little window that pops up saying "Invited." There's a picture of it somewhere in this thread or in the previous year's thread!

I don't see anything that says "Invited" and it says I am not enrolled in any programs so I am guessing that I did not get it....

Edited by moonsun.jang

18 minutes ago, hamilton32 said:

did you have alot of experience tho?

I think it’s the kind of experience I had I worked with newcomers and I also worked with youth in care! So I’ve worked with a lot of marginalized communities and have had direct experience coordinator programs and providing case management!!

I am a current U of T student (undergrad) and nothing is showing up on ACORN for me for U of T - will "invited" show up still for U of T students, or is it only if you're not a current U of T student? I got an acceptance to the JD program (law) in December that isn't showing up for me on ACORN either. Are any of you who see invited on your ACORN page current U of T students?

I see a lot of talk in the 2018 thread about how U of T accepts "in waves", but it looks like anyone who didn't receive the 'invited' on Acorn was waitlisted or rejected when the snail mail arrived. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

@rb0723, I was wondering the same thing...

42 minutes ago, rb0723 said:

I am a current U of T student (undergrad) and nothing is showing up on ACORN for me for U of T - will "invited" show up still for U of T students, or is it only if you're not a current U of T student? I got an acceptance to the JD program (law) in December that isn't showing up for me on ACORN either. Are any of you who see invited on your ACORN page current U of T students?

I’m a previous UofT student and am wondering the same thing.... nothing has changed on my ACORN. It still says “financially cancelled” from when I graduated

Edited by chandl28

I don’t think they change at the same time from what I remember last year. They kind of roll out/come in waves... I remember some people thinking it was even alphabetical last year? Weird but could be true... Also, if you’re waitlisted (I was last year) your ACORN does not change. The wait list is long and not numbered so it’s impossible to know if you’ll move off it or not. Fingers crossed this isn’t “it” and are just the beginning of the acceptances!!

Just now, Klara_kay said:

I don’t think they change at the same time from what I remember last year. They kind of roll out/come in waves... I remember some people thinking it was even alphabetical last year? Weird but could be true... Also, if you’re waitlisted (I was last year) your ACORN does not change. The wait list is long and not numbered so it’s impossible to know if you’ll move off it or not. Fingers crossed this isn’t “it” and are just the beginning of the acceptances!!

Thank you :)

I hope you are right but man - this is super discouraging. 

3 minutes ago, moonsun.jang said:

Thank you :)

I hope you are right but man - this is super discouraging. 

I'm in the same boat. not sure if I should accept this as a rejection or continue endlessly refreshing ACORN :( 

26 minutes ago, Erica44 said:

I'm wondering the same thing :( 

Just found this in the 2018 thread, posted in early April! Link: https://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/94586-canadian-msw-applicants-2018/?page=63

"This is my first time posting, but have been reading and participating from afar...

I just found out over the last 2 hours that I got into UofT (2 year full time) AND Laurier (2 year full-time)!!!!

my ACORN was never updated, I thought I had been rejected. Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted, and to all those still waiting HAVE FAITH- I can 100% relate."

49 minutes ago, Keekee23 said:

For everyone asking how acorn screen looks like when it says invites! Hope this helps and good luck to everyone!!

4711D0C9-23F3-4B3E-A5B5-DCB88386337B.jpeg

I got invited to the 2 year msw Uoft as well. But why does it say 2019/2020? isn't it two years?

Hey guys! I applied to UofT multiple times over the years and I'm a current student. I'm hoping I can clarify some things that for anyone who applied this year. 

Do they come out in waves? There is no evidence from the past few years that admission comes out in waves. All official results (acceptances, waitlist, rejections) come out at once, with maybe a 1-2 day administrative delay. This happens in Feb. for advanced standing, and March for 2-year. 

Do they come out according by last name? Perhaps some people may receive a response a few hours or 1-2 days before other people, but as I said above, they usually happen pretty close together. 

Is the invited status accurate? I've been following these forums for a few years now. Usually there is 1 person a year who will say that they didn't get "invited" but received an acceptance. I've never heard of someone who had "invited" but didn't get in. 

Acorn still says "Financially cancelled" or some other status from previous years? Last year there was a previous UofT student whose status remained as "Financially cancelled" but later got an acceptance. Seems possible that the previous status can hide whether or not you get the "invited" status

I hope this clears it up for those who had questions. Best of luck!

Just now, SwagMaster said:

Hey guys! I applied to UofT multiple times over the years and I'm a current student. I'm hoping I can clarify some things that for anyone who applied this year. 

Do they come out in waves? There is no evidence from the past few years that admission comes out in waves. All official results (acceptances, waitlist, rejections) come out at once, with maybe a 1-2 day administrative delay. This happens in Feb. for advanced standing, and March for 2-year. 

Do they come out according by last name? Perhaps some people may receive a response a few hours or 1-2 days before other people, but as I said above, they usually happen pretty close together. 

Is the invited status accurate? I've been following these forums for a few years now. Usually there is 1 person a year who will say that they didn't get "invited" but received an acceptance. I've never heard of someone who had "invited" but didn't get in. 

Acorn still says "Financially cancelled" or some other status from previous years? Last year there was a previous UofT student whose status remained as "Financially cancelled" but later got an acceptance. Seems possible that the previous status can hide whether or not you get the "invited" status

that is very helpful - thank you.

I suppose I did not get in then as my ACORN has not changed. ?

4 minutes ago, SwagMaster said:

@SwagMaster Do you know if current U of T undergrad students will have invited show up on ACORN? Right now it's just showing for me the current session (fall/winter undergrad program) and invited into the summer session for undergrad.

6 minutes ago, rb0723 said:

@SwagMaster Do you know if current U of T undergrad students will have invited show up on ACORN? Right now it's just showing for me the current session (fall/winter undergrad program) and invited into the summer session for undergrad.

I'm wondering this too. Hoping that maybe Acorn only has the framework to show two sessions, lolz.

It's a long shot of a hope, I"m sure, but that's the human heart!