2019 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

carboniscool

Any internationals invited to Yale BBS MMPP for an interview? I was just notified that I was not invited for an interview. Yale was my dream school so I am pretty disappointed.

As an international I applied to 13 schools (all biomedical sciences or pharmacology, cancer bio when possible), and I have only heard back from 3 school for interviews. I am a little nervous and would like to have more options because as an international it is really hard to get accepted.

UMich, Duke, Columbia (interviews)

Weill Cornell (waitlisted for interview)

Yale, Harvard, WashU, JHU (rejected)

NYU Sackler, Stanford,  Northwestern DGP, MIT, UPenn, UChicago (pending)

Has any international applicant heard back from the schools that I have pending? Thank you very much.

1 hour ago, hankers said:

Just got an invitation to Rockefeller

Congratulations!
I haven't heard anything but still hoping! What was the primary research interest you chose (neuro, microbio, etc.)?

Edited by Renalee

2 hours ago, CancerBiology said:

Any internationals invited to Yale BBS MMPP for an interview? I was just notified that I was not invited for an interview. Yale was my dream school so I am pretty disappointed.

As an international I applied to 13 schools (all biomedical sciences or pharmacology, cancer bio when possible), and I have only heard back from 3 school for interviews. I am a little nervous and would like to have more options because as an international it is really hard to get accepted.

Yale, Harvard, JHU (rejected)

Has any international applicant heard back from the schools that I have pending? Thank you very much.

I am international too and have heard back from Northwestern and one program from Harvard among the schools you list. 

4 hours ago, Renalee said:

Congratulations!
I haven't heard anything but still hoping! What was the primary research interest you chose (neuro, microbio, etc.)?

I see neuroscience in the results list — perhaps it’s mostly that track? i applied for microbiology/infectious disease and haven’t heard anything 

45 minutes ago, beeboop said:

I see neuroscience in the results list — perhaps it’s mostly that track? i applied for microbiology/infectious disease and haven’t heard anything 

Yeah that's what I was wondering since I saw that neuroscience result. I applied for microbiology too, so I hope our results are still to come!

I still haven't heard back from UCSD BMS and Berkeley MCB, but I know other people have gotten invites. At this point, should I assume I've been rejected?

Also, I've heard MIT bio is particularly difficult to get accepted to post-interviews compared to other schools. Does anyone know if this is true?

I applied to microbiology, MCB and Chemistry programs - UMASS Amherst. Has anyone heard back from any of these programs? I checked the results section and two people posted open house invites from MCB program. 

Does anyone know the reputation of Irell And Manella Graduate School of Biological Sciences at The City of Hope? I applied here because there are some PI's and projects that are of interest to me. I can't find much about this program on google, and it's not on any ranking lists, but I know that City of Hope is one of the leading cancer centers in the nation. Any input is appreciated. 

13 hours ago, CarmenCarminis said:

I still haven't heard back from UCSD BMS and Berkeley MCB, but I know other people have gotten invites. At this point, should I assume I've been rejected?

Also, I've heard MIT bio is particularly difficult to get accepted to post-interviews compared to other schools. Does anyone know if this is true?

I still haven't heard from UCSD BMS either, but UCSC and UC Irvine already reached out so I'm hoping SD and Davis notify me soon.  Either way, I really want to know so I can stop worrying and frantically checking my email.

10 hours ago, avkayesp said:

I still haven't heard from UCSD BMS either, but UCSC and UC Irvine already reached out so I'm hoping SD and Davis notify me soon.  Either way, I really want to know so I can stop worrying and frantically checking my email.

I got an interview for UCSD BMS and they said they have multiple interview weekends with the 1st one being for the 1st round of selected applicants and so on. So they may still be picking people for the later weekends!

On 1/7/2019 at 4:20 PM, CancerBiology said:

Yale, Harvard, JHU (rejected)

Wait a second. I’m a fellow international student, applied to Harvard BBS and there is literally no update from them. How did you know you got rejected/waitlisted from these places?? When I log in, the only thing I can see is that my app is received! 

2 minutes ago, 90% Caffeine said:

Wait a second. I’m a fellow international student, applied to Harvard BBS and there is literally no update from them. How did you know you got rejected/waitlisted from these places?? When I log in, the only thing I can see is that my app is received! 

I knew that Harvard BBS interview invites were sent out on December 19th (if I remember correctly). I did not get an invitation, so I contacted admissions and they told me that all the interviews had been sent. My 3 rejections are unofficial because I reached out to admissions via email.