Jump to content

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, stanwix said:

Longtime lurker here but speaking of not hearing anything for extended periods of time, is anyone here the Penn State caller from the results board who keeps getting the run around regarding timing for remaining results? I'm assuming it's a rejection at this point but the slim chance of being on an unofficial waitlist or something has me devoting too much mental energy to it. There are a few admits on the board but nothing since February and no waitlists or rejections.

Not the caller, but I emailed Penn state today. Will post here when I hear back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stanwix said:

Longtime lurker here but speaking of not hearing anything for extended periods of time, is anyone here the Penn State caller from the results board who keeps getting the run around regarding timing for remaining results? I'm assuming it's a rejection at this point but the slim chance of being on an unofficial waitlist or something has me devoting too much mental energy to it. There are a few admits on the board but nothing since February and no waitlists or rejections.

That caller is me! Everything I know was posted there. That said, I’m waiting on MA results, not PhD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, vollie said:

That caller is me! Everything I know was posted there. That said, I’m waiting on MA results, not PhD. 

Thanks for checking in for all of us. I applied to the PhD with a Master's myself. Supposedly they've admitted only 1 applicant with a master's degree in past years but who knows whether people know what they're talking about with these things. Seems that decisions are being rolled out differently than usual as well. Hope they still have some positive results to send out and we're not all just waiting on rejections.

Edit: the most recent post replying to yours also makes it sound like there was a full cohort's worth of students at the visiting day last week, so it seems likely that all outright acceptances have gone out.

Edited by stanwix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, stanwix said:

Thanks for checking in for all of us. I applied to the PhD with a Master's myself. Supposedly they've admitted only 1 applicant with a master's degree in past years but who knows whether people know what they're talking about with these things. Seems that decisions are being rolled out differently than usual as well. Hope they still have some positive results to send out and we're not all just waiting on rejections.

Edit: the most recent post replying to yours also makes it sound like there was a full cohort's worth of students at the visiting day last week, so it seems likely that all outright acceptances have gone out.

Yeah, I wonder if they accepted less people this year, considering there’s less people reporting than in previous years. But I suspect they may have done a hidden waitlist this time. It’s by far my top choice and I think it’s a great fit, so I’m holding out hope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2019 at 6:29 AM, vondafkossum said:

When I emailed weeks ago they made it fairly clear they wouldn't send out the rest of their official notifications until April. Other people on the forum have made clear that Berkeley isn't going to extend any other offers or waitlists, so I just assumed it meant a giant middle finger to their rejects pile. It really soured me on Berkeley in general. I mean, they've already had their accepted students weekend/visit; what purpose does it serve to delay rejections this long?

Agreed. Also, big HMM they sent the rejections like right after this I know it's very unlikely but part of me wants to think a departmental person was lurking and was like OOPS GRADCAFE IS ANGRY. 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ArcaMajora said:

Woke up today to find out that a paper of mine just got accepted into a conference :')

Incredibly excited to do this, especially right before I start graduate study.

Congrats!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, cassidyaxx said:

I just got a funding offer from Villanova!!! I'm crying this week has been so hard for me and finally something good has happened!!! :) 

YAYYYY! Congratulations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YAAYYYYYY @cassidyaxx!!!!!

 

Meanwhile I just received my third letter of rejection from Johns Hopkins. Guess they saw from my app what a tenacious go-getter I am and they’re real worried I won’t take no for an answer and just show up for class the first day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cassidyaxx said:

I just got a funding offer from Villanova!!! I'm crying this week has been so hard for me and finally something good has happened!!! :) 

Congrats!

 

6 hours ago, ArcaMajora said:

Woke up today to find out that a paper of mine just got accepted into a conference :')

 

Congratulations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ArcaMajora said:

Woke up today to find out that a paper of mine just got accepted into a conference :')

Incredibly excited to do this, especially right before I start graduate study.

HELL YEAH! Congrats!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, kendalldinniene said:

YAAYYYYYY @cassidyaxx!!!!!

 

Meanwhile I just received my third letter of rejection from Johns Hopkins. Guess they saw from my app what a tenacious go-getter I am and they’re real worried I won’t take no for an answer and just show up for class the first day. 

When I applied to Hopkins' philosophy PhD like six years ago, I got my rejection by snail mail on paper.

Edited by MetaphysicalDrama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MetaphysicalDrama said:

When I applied to Hopkins' philosophy PhD like six years ago, I got my rejection by snail mail on paper.

Maybe I’ll get one of those soon as well, just for good measure 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone heard anything from UT Austin recently? I've been on the waitlist since January, and even after emailing three times, I've still yet to receive any response. Maybe my e-mails aren't getting read? Maybe they are and they're being ignored? Maybe they hate me now?? :')

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tacocat211 said:

Anyone heard anything from UT Austin recently? I've been on the waitlist since January, and even after emailing three times, I've still yet to receive any response. Maybe my e-mails aren't getting read? Maybe they are and they're being ignored? Maybe they hate me now?? :')

Who are you emailing? I’ve found the grad coordinator to always get back within 24 hours or so, but I have been ghosted by some other people outside of the English department 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone had any sort of communication with BU? I know several people had declined their spots but I still have heard nothing. I'm wondering if they will really be waiting til April 15th to notify us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.