2019 Canadian SLP Thread

25 minutes ago, SLPfocus said:

Hello

Is anyone who applied to McGill still waiting for a decision to be made about their application? 

Best of luck to everyone :)

Hello,

I am waiting to hear back from McGill as well. Last year the same thing happened, a few days later I received a rejection update on my application portal.

I'm still hopeful, but reservedly so.

46 minutes ago, SLPfocus said:

Hello

Is anyone who applied to McGill still waiting for a decision to be made about their application? 

Best of luck to everyone :)

I’m still waiting too! Good luck ?

4 hours ago, slpleaseletmeintoslp said:

Hi everyone! 

I originally posted about a signature but I figured it out. I guess I'll use this no-deleting posts policy to ask a question that I have regarding the schools.

Does anyone know if UofT, Western or McMaster calls its students like McGill to offer positions? My phone is broken and I'm wondering if I should rush to get it fixed or if I should just focus on Orpas.

Thanks!

My friend was called by UofT last year but it also showed up on her ORPAS.

2 minutes ago, peachy_speechie said:

My friend was called by UofT last year but it also showed up on her ORPAS.

Thank you!! Do you happen to know if your friend was called before the date (I believe it was April 3rd last year)? I guess im just wondering if I will first see it on ORPAS and then get a call or vice versa. 

I keep checking my phone and refreshing my ORPAS even though im pretty sure I am just making myself much more anxious! 

Thanks so much!!!

1 hour ago, slpcometome said:

I applied to UofT last year! they literally don't contact you until April 2nd. It's totally normal 

But I'm assuming they don't contact you if you don't get in...

5 hours ago, smellyrich said:

But I'm assuming they don't contact you if you don't get in...

I didn't apply to UofT last year but the year before I'm pretty sure I received a rejection letter in the mail. Hope that helps! Good luck!

Can anyone who got accepted into Mcgill pm me their stats?

I only applied to Dal and Mcgill and the extended wait is pretty stressful 

Edited by SheLPme

21 minutes ago, Slpeep101 said:

Does anyone here know of someone that has gotten into the slp program at UofT or western with a 3.4 gpa? I have over 500 hours of volunteering and good references, but my gpa isn’t the strongest ?

Is that your cGPA or subGPA? I think U of T only looks at your subGPA.

11 hours ago, slpfinally said:

For anybody who got into McGill, has your status on uApply changed? 

Mine is still saying 'in review'.  I think that's because the recommendation for admission still  has to be approved by the graduate & postdoc office before the "official" offers are given out. 

20 hours ago, Slpeep101 said:

Does anyone here know of someone that has gotten into the slp program at UofT or western with a 3.4 gpa? I have over 500 hours of volunteering and good references, but my gpa isn’t the strongest ?

I know the cut off for western was 3.39 in previous years, so you've still got a chance! Good luck