Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

On 1/18/2019 at 1:00 PM, psychhopeful19 said:

Hello! Does anyone know if U Miami (child) and FIU have finished extended out all invites yet? Thank you and good luck to everyone!

I don't know about FIU (also waiting) but U Miami's interview is next Thursday. All invitations have been extended.

3 hours ago, PsychHope said:

Anyone heard from Northwestern Feinberg?

Their "Thank you for Applying!" email mentioned that interview invitations will be sent by February 1st at the latest and the in-person interviews will be held during the first two weeks of March with official offers for admission be given on March 18th.

3 minutes ago, 21ny14 said:

I see two people posting that UNC Chapel Hill extended all invites already -- can somebody upload a screenshot of what they see? Because I can't find that anywhere on my portal.

https://clinicalpsych.unc.edu/application-process/

"All invitations to interview to join the UNC Department of Psychology and Neuroscience as a graduate student in Fall 2019 have been extended. Good luck to all applicants!"

It's on their website and not on the portal

Edited by PsychWannabee

3 minutes ago, PsychWannabee said:

https://clinicalpsych.unc.edu/application-process/

"All invitations to interview to join the UNC Department of Psychology and Neuroscience as a graduate student in Fall 2019 have been extended. Good luck to all applicants!"

It's on their website and not on the portal

Oh, wow. That's super convenient. I wish all programs were as transparent. Thanks for the link.

Edited by 21ny14

8 minutes ago, psychmajor2394 said:

I didn't get one either :(  I'm very upset about this one!

I'm hoping the invites are just coming in waves! Last year 70 applied and 15 got in, which probably means they invited more than 15 to interview, so odds are not horrible. This program's high on my list because if you get an assistantship, they're a fully funded PsyD (!!!) There's also adjunct teaching opps for folks with a masters degree (I think I remember reading that you're currently finishing up a masters program?) Crossing my fingers for us both!

Edited by dancedementia

5 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

I'm hoping the invites are just coming in waves! Last year 70 applied and 15 got in, which probably means they invited more than 15 to interview, so odds are not horrible. This program's high on my list because if you get an assistantship, they're a fully funded PsyD (!!!) There's also adjunct teaching opps for folks with a masters degree (I think I remember reading that you're currently finishing up a masters program?) Crossing my fingers for us both!

This program is one of my top programs! I receive my masters in May so becoming an adjunct (if I didn't get an assistantship) would be beautiful. Also there's faculty whose research are almost identical to mine/what I want to continue to do! I hope they send out more invites!

On 1/18/2019 at 9:22 AM, clinicalpsych20192020 said:

Does anyone know if UCSD/SDSU and UCLA are done sending out invites for clinical psych PhD?

From what I've heard, they have met to review applications and have decided who they want to extend invites to, but I don't think invites have gone out officially yet. I believe they'll be coming out sometime very soon (perhaps next week?).