Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

• George Washington University (District of Columbia), PhD
    • Mass email on Jan 9th, interview dates on Jan 25th and Feb 2nd (I'm going Feb 2nd)
  • Queen's University (Kingston, Ontario), PhD
    • Email from POI, invitation to call or Skype, Skype interviewed on Jan 14th
  • University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, PhD
    • Email from POI, invitation to call or Skype, phone interviewed on Jan 9th.

Unsure if Queen's or UIUC have sent invitations for formal in-person interviews yet. I have not received any communication since talking with them.

Edited by curious1207

13 minutes ago, curious1207 said:
  • George Washington University (District of Columbia), PhD
    • Mass email on Jan 9th, interview dates on Jan 25th and Feb 2nd (I'm going Feb 2nd)
  • Queen's University (Kingston, Ontario), PhD
    • Email from POI, invitation to call or Skype, Skype interviewed on Jan 14th
  • University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, PhD
    • Email from POI, invitation to call or Skype, phone interviewed on Jan 9th.

Unsure if Queen's or UIUC have sent invitations for formal in-person interviews yet. I have not received any communication since talking with them.

I'm fairly certain that Queen's doesn't do in-person interviews, they just have Skype interviews and then invite you for an open house, which is March 1st.  Skype-only interviews are somewhat common for Canadian programs, I think? Anyways, there's a Canadian Clinical Psychology forum that will have lots of info if you're trying to keep track of things. Hope to see you at the open house in March :)

Boston got a really bad snowstorm this past week, so that might have put a delay into some of their operations. Are you asking about Clinical or Counseling? I have a mentor who works in Counseling that I'm happy to ask about interviews status if anyone applied there.

26 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

Boston got a really bad snowstorm this past week, so that might have put a delay into some of their operations. Are you asking about Clinical or Counseling? I have a mentor who works in Counseling that I'm happy to ask about interviews status if anyone applied there.

Can confirm: I was snowed most of the weekend and my professor got her flight into Boston-Logan cancelled.  The city is pretty frozen right now so I'd be patient!

2 minutes ago, rosesandrecords said:

Can confirm: I was snowed most of the weekend and my professor got her flight into Boston-Logan cancelled.  The city is pretty frozen right now so I'd be patient!

Oh yeah, I actually work at a neighboring university and it is definitely a mess out here! I know this is also the first day back of the semester so its very busy... hopefully things will turn up in the next few days once it warms up a bit. Definitely will hold back on the emails then, at least for a few days :)  ((stay warm..))

Edited by jlmk42

Just called Drexel, they have not sent out their official interview email yet. Someone called me I think on Jan 9th inviting me to interview on POI's behalf and told me to look out for official email. Called to make sure I haven't missed it! Interview dates are on the 8th and 11th. 

Edited by mbx098

3 minutes ago, mbx098 said:

Just called Drexel, they have not sent out their official interview email yet. Someone called me I think on Jan 9th inviting me to interview on POI's behalf and told me to look out for official email. Called to make sure I haven't missed it! Interview dates are on the 8th and 11th. 

Whaaaaat. MAYBE THERE'S STILL HOPE?!

I'm crossing my fingers so hard right now.

Just waiting on 4 more schools: rutgers, yeshiva, Widener, and La Salle. I think that widener and yeshiva already sent out some interview invites.

Does anyone know, if they do send out second interview dates, how long after the first interview does this usually happen? 

School: Immaculata University
Type: Clinical PsyD
Date of invite: 01/22/2019
Type of invite: Email from dean of graduate studies - not a mass email, I emailed to follow up and she asked which interview date I wanted. She said she will begin emailing everyone starting tomorrow. Yay! Interview dates are 2/25, 2/26, or 2/27.

Edited by dancedementia

On 1/18/2019 at 4:03 PM, psychclin said:

Hi I noticed your post whole trying to find anything at all on this program! Have you heard anything new? I emailed the dept a day ago and they said that they (this one specific person) did not think they had sent out any interview inviites yet; however, I am still questioning because I know someone who applied there as well but for the counseling/school program and was invited for interview that will occur next weekend... Im hoping they have different interview weekends for each dept.

The admissions officer got back that all interviews have been extended. But may just be for the PI I requested (LS)