Jump to content
clinicalpsych20192020

Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, lpape said:

If whoever posted the phone interview with POI for Columbia University on the results page sees this, mind PM'ing me your POI? Thanks

Same, please :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lpape said:

If whoever posted the phone interview with POI for Columbia University on the results page sees this, mind PM'ing me your POI? Thanks

Same here please! Congrats and thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • George Washington University (District of Columbia), PhD
    • Mass email on Jan 9th, interview dates on Jan 25th and Feb 2nd (I'm going Feb 2nd)
  • Queen's University (Kingston, Ontario), PhD
    • Email from POI, invitation to call or Skype, Skype interviewed on Jan 14th
  • University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, PhD
    • Email from POI, invitation to call or Skype, phone interviewed on Jan 9th.

Unsure if Queen's or UIUC have sent invitations for formal in-person interviews yet. I have not received any communication since talking with them.

Edited by curious1207

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, curious1207 said:
  • George Washington University (District of Columbia), PhD
    • Mass email on Jan 9th, interview dates on Jan 25th and Feb 2nd (I'm going Feb 2nd)
  • Queen's University (Kingston, Ontario), PhD
    • Email from POI, invitation to call or Skype, Skype interviewed on Jan 14th
  • University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, PhD
    • Email from POI, invitation to call or Skype, phone interviewed on Jan 9th.

Unsure if Queen's or UIUC have sent invitations for formal in-person interviews yet. I have not received any communication since talking with them.

I'm fairly certain that Queen's doesn't do in-person interviews, they just have Skype interviews and then invite you for an open house, which is March 1st.  Skype-only interviews are somewhat common for Canadian programs, I think? Anyways, there's a Canadian Clinical Psychology forum that will have lots of info if you're trying to keep track of things. Hope to see you at the open house in March :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, PsychologyClinical said:

Are all Boston University invites out by now?

I am waiting on them too, I was thinking about emailing tonight/tomorrow if I do not hear anything today.

Good luck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boston got a really bad snowstorm this past week, so that might have put a delay into some of their operations. Are you asking about Clinical or Counseling? I have a mentor who works in Counseling that I'm happy to ask about interviews status if anyone applied there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have any word on if American is done with their invitations? I know a few people had gotten interview invites, not sure if that was specific to PI though. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

Boston got a really bad snowstorm this past week, so that might have put a delay into some of their operations. Are you asking about Clinical or Counseling? I have a mentor who works in Counseling that I'm happy to ask about interviews status if anyone applied there.

Can confirm: I was snowed most of the weekend and my professor got her flight into Boston-Logan cancelled.  The city is pretty frozen right now so I'd be patient!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rosesandrecords said:

Can confirm: I was snowed most of the weekend and my professor got her flight into Boston-Logan cancelled.  The city is pretty frozen right now so I'd be patient!

Oh yeah, I actually work at a neighboring university and it is definitely a mess out here! I know this is also the first day back of the semester so its very busy... hopefully things will turn up in the next few days once it warms up a bit. Definitely will hold back on the emails then, at least for a few days :)  ((stay warm..))

Edited by jlmk42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

School: University of South Alabama 

Type: Combined Clinical/Counseling PhD

Date of invite: 1/22/19

Type of invite: Email from the DCT

Interview date(s): 2/15/19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just called Drexel, they have not sent out their official interview email yet. Someone called me I think on Jan 9th inviting me to interview on POI's behalf and told me to look out for official email. Called to make sure I haven't missed it! Interview dates are on the 8th and 11th. 

Edited by mbx098

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mbx098 said:

Just called Drexel, they have not sent out their official interview email yet. Someone called me I think on Jan 9th inviting me to interview on POI's behalf and told me to look out for official email. Called to make sure I haven't missed it! Interview dates are on the 8th and 11th. 

Whaaaaat. MAYBE THERE'S STILL HOPE?!

I'm crossing my fingers so hard right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just waiting on 4 more schools: rutgers, yeshiva, Widener, and La Salle. I think that widener and yeshiva already sent out some interview invites.

Does anyone know, if they do send out second interview dates, how long after the first interview does this usually happen? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone that's heard back from Yeshiva's School/Clinical PsyD program - please message me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

School: Immaculata University
Type: Clinical PsyD
Date of invite: 01/22/2019
Type of invite: Email from dean of graduate studies - not a mass email, I emailed to follow up and she asked which interview date I wanted. She said she will begin emailing everyone starting tomorrow. Yay! Interview dates are 2/25, 2/26, or 2/27.

Edited by dancedementia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

School: Immaculata University
Type: Clinical PsyD
Date of invite: 01/22/2019

Today's a good day!!!!!! We are (90% almost there) going to grad school!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 4:03 PM, psychclin said:

Hi I noticed your post whole trying to find anything at all on this program! Have you heard anything new? I emailed the dept a day ago and they said that they (this one specific person) did not think they had sent out any interview inviites yet; however, I am still questioning because I know someone who applied there as well but for the counseling/school program and was invited for interview that will occur next weekend... Im hoping they have different interview weekends for each dept.

The admissions officer got back that all interviews have been extended. But may just be for the PI I requested (LS)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ClinPsych2019 said:

I emailed University of Denver regarding the Clinical Child PhD program and was informed the admissions committee is extending invites this week! Good luck to everyone!

Thank you for posting this! Hopefully we’ll be hearing something soon! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I emailed City College and they mentioned that applications will begin to be reviewed in February. A little late but whatever ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.