Fall 2019 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

School: Mercer University

Type: Clinical PsyD

Date of invite: 01/23/2019

Type of invite: Mass email

Interview date(s): Offered 01/29/2019 but that's waaaay too short notice so I requested to move mine to 02/26/2019

Excited!!!

Just reached out to the administrative assistant for the psych clinic at Duke, because no one ever picks up the 5 relevant numbers for the clinical PhD department, and Pamela does not return emails.

The lady said she was "pretty sure'' that Duke professors extended invites, because the interview dates are in "early February."

I'm going to count myself out.

1 hour ago, dancedementia said:

Ugh. It seems like the Post emails are slowly trickling in. I haven't heard yet one way or another, fingers crossed. Do anyone know if they're going out in waves or if I just missed the boat?

Do you mean LIU Post? Their email said "At this time, all of our interview slots are filled."

21 hours ago, ASDadvocate said:

I heard that UVA Curry had a second round if interview invites in past years. It looks like they already sent out interview invites and gave the option of two different dates.  Does anyone know how accurate that would be for this year?

Also wondering this!

30 minutes ago, JKPsych said:

Also wondering this!

I emailed UVA Curry yesterday to find out whether they were done extending invites for their clinical psych program. This was their response:

"Admissions decisions will be available by February 15th; you'll receive an e-mail directing you to log back into your application account, in order to view your decision.  I'm sorry the department does not issue any more explicit detail than that."

I'm assuming this will be the official rejection for sure.

1 minute ago, ASDadvocate said:

I emailed UVA Curry yesterday to find out whether they were done extending invites for their clinical psych program. This was their response:

"Admissions decisions will be available by February 15th; you'll receive an e-mail directing you to log back into your application account, in order to view your decision.  I'm sorry the department does not issue any more explicit detail than that."

I'm assuming this will be the official rejection for sure.

Yeah, that’s not a good sign if you haven’t heard from them directly yet 

5 hours ago, dancedementia said:

School: Mercer University

Type: Clinical PsyD

Date of invite: 01/23/2019

Interview date(s): Offered 01/29/2019 but that's waaaay too short notice so I requested to move mine to 02/26/2019

Excited!!!

I had to do the same thing! They were super accommodating though and I’m really excited about it 

1 hour ago, Applicant2019 said:

Does anyone know if UT Austin has sent out all clinical PhD invitations?

I am pretty sure that all profs invite their own students on their own time, so it would be completely dependent on who you're applying to work with. 

On 1/22/2019 at 11:15 AM, hdclark said:

I'm fairly certain that Queen's doesn't do in-person interviews, they just have Skype interviews and then invite you for an open house, which is March 1st.  Skype-only interviews are somewhat common for Canadian programs, I think? Anyways, there's a Canadian Clinical Psychology forum that will have lots of info if you're trying to keep track of things. Hope to see you at the open house in March :)

Good to know, thanks for the info! Hope to see you there as well.

On 1/22/2019 at 3:07 PM, aer621 said:

Just waiting on 4 more schools: rutgers, yeshiva, Widener, and La Salle. I think that widener and yeshiva already sent out some interview invites.

Does anyone know, if they do send out second interview dates, how long after the first interview does this usually happen? 

Have you heard from La Salle? Email says they are sending invites “toward the end of January” 

School: Yeshiva University (Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology)

Type: Clinical PsyD (NOT the School/Clinical Child PsyD)

Date of invite: 01/24/2019

Interview date(s): 02/07/2019 (not sure if this is for everyone or just me)

I guess whining about this enough on GradCafe made it happen xD

Edited by dancedementia