SLP Declining Offers Thread 2019

Declined my offer for University of Wisconsin - Madision, and about to decline my offer for Vanderbilt but it's so hard because I really wanted to go there, so I'm just putting it off.  :(

19 hours ago, Mel-SLP2B said:

Is anyone declining UGA, UNC Chapel Hill, or University of Memphis!!?? Really hoping to get off their waitlist

I declined UofM last week! They have an amazing program and I would have loved to have gone, but it was too far away for me to move. I hope you get off their waitlist! I was so incredibly impressed with the program, the faculty, and the city when I visited!

Just got off the waitlist at ASU and accepted it. Will be rescind my offer to University of Nevada, Reno and will be declining my waitlist spots at University of Oregon and Loma Linda. I hope this helps someone else on a waitlist. And it's proof you can get off a waitlist! 

22 hours ago, Xochitl Valdez said:

Has anyone declined at Portland State, Cal Baptist Univ, or Chapman? Thanks ahead of time hehe

I declined Portland State! I got off the waitlist(Tier 1) on Wednesday and declined their offer.  Best of luck ? 

Just now, Mel-SLP2B said:

Has anyone declined University of South Florida? Or know when we should be hearing back on waitlist updates?

I called today and one of the girls working there said she thought Kathy sent them out already. She forwarded me to her office phone and it said she’d be out of the office until Tuesday. So I don’t know when we will hear back. 

6 hours ago, Medspeechie said:

I called today and one of the girls working there said she thought Kathy sent them out already. She forwarded me to her office phone and it said she’d be out of the office until Tuesday. So I don’t know when we will hear back. 

I talked to Kathy two days ago and she said she would hope that it will be out by the end of the week because the committee hadn't met yet. And then she said she would email us by Friday with a date if it was gonna be later than that so we didn’t worry. But that didn’t happen....

Just wanted to see if someone heard anything different. 

On 4/18/2019 at 12:39 PM, Xochitl Valdez said:

Has anyone declined at Portland State, Cal Baptist Univ, or Chapman? Thanks ahead of time hehe

I declined Chapman on April 14.