Canada MSW 2020

rolearly34

6 hours ago, adultingsucks said:

i called admissions this morning. they said that the offer letter shows up in a couple days after the status changes. you'll get it soon - congrats!!

This Thank you for letting me know! This is really helpful :)

21 hours ago, HopelessMSWApplicant said:

Accepted :) WOOHOO!!!!

Congrats! Can I ask you what your gpa and experience is like?

Trying to get an idea of what it takes to get in. :(

On 2/27/2020 at 1:18 PM, Ihatethissomuch said:

UPDATE - Angela from U of T admissions responded to my email. She said “Decisions for the advanced standing MSW Program will be out by the end of next week.”

On 3/16/2020 at 9:45 AM, Starfinger10 said:

Just got my offer to Waterloo! Does anyone know of an easy STATS course as I am missing this requirement?

Congrats on your acceptance! I took CQMS Business 101 Stats  at Ryerson online with Professor Chua, would recommend!

1 hour ago, hsjtoy said:

Congrats! Can I ask you what your gpa and experience is like?

Trying to get an idea of what it takes to get in. :(

My GPA wasn't stellar (in my opinion), I think it was a 3.3 (pregnant and giving birth in my last semester kinda fudged that up, haha)

I've been working as a clinical social worker now for the past 4 years, before that I was outreach for 6 months. Prior to and during my BSW I worked in a residential treatment centre for addictions.

On 3/13/2020 at 2:29 PM, SCCPHopeful said:

Has anyone wrote to or called Angela at U of T to get an updated estimate on where we will hear about the 2-year program? Last I heard (beginning of January) she projected mid March for advanced standing and mid April for 2-year. 

When I applied last year I heard back on March 25 so I'm guessing late march early April (because of COVID-19).

I’ve just been waitlisted at one school (Lakehead MSW) and I haven’t heard back yet from my other application (York Advanced Standing) .. I’m kinda trying to come up with a backup plan for if I don’t get in to either..

Does anyone know of any MSW programs that start in January or later that have applications still open? (I am about to complete my BSW) 

1 hour ago, Katims said:

I’ve just been waitlisted at one school (Lakehead MSW) and I haven’t heard back yet from my other application (York Advanced Standing) .. I’m kinda trying to come up with a backup plan for if I don’t get in to either..

Does anyone know of any MSW programs that start in January or later that have applications still open? (I am about to complete my BSW) 

I’m in the exact same boat. I’ve been trying to research this but haven’t found anything, as of yet, I found a couple “working professional” programs but you need to have been at the place of employment for a while and need to have a letter of support from that organization. 

48 minutes ago, katm149 said:

I’m in the exact same boat. I’ve been trying to research this but haven’t found anything, as of yet, I found a couple “working professional” programs but you need to have been at the place of employment for a while and need to have a letter of support from that organization. 

Same boat also. I was looking at post degree certificates like the ones they offer for mental health and addictions at dalhousie.

14 hours ago, Katims said:

Humber offers an addictions and mental health post grad certificate that you might be able to apply to. In saying that, personally I recommend trying to find a job in the field and work for a year. That adds quite a bit to an application later on.

Edited by sofiahats
typo

12 hours ago, Vivi2020 said:

Same boat also. I was looking at post degree certificates like the ones they offer for mental health and addictions at dalhousie.

Humber College offers a post grad certificate in addictions and mental health as well.

1 hour ago, adultingsucks said:

guys I'm so anxious that York hasn't sent out their 2 year acceptances yet. their website said 8-12 weeks from the day of application deadlines for decisions to be made and it has been that long already :(

Got this from york: 

Although York University classes are online and buildings are closing, the university will stay open and the admission process will continue as normal. Please use York University website which will provide the most recent information moving forward.

In general the applicants are notified late March and into April. I would encourage you to keep checking your MyFile account for any updates. The process will conclude at the end of May. Any applicant who was not accepted can reach out to the school or department to receive some feedback on why it may not have been accepted.

I hope this helps and stay safe!

Pip

22 minutes ago, Vivi2020 said:

Has anyone else been waitlisted for Waterloos MSW program? I found out some information from admissions regarding the waitlist!

I know a friend who had been waitlisted another year and she said it seemed like forever but she had eventually received word and then had to act fast to get in.

3 hours ago, Vivi2020 said:

Has anyone else been waitlisted for Waterloos MSW program? I found out some information from admissions regarding the waitlist!

I am! Could you please share the info? :)

31 minutes ago, hsjtoy said:

I am! Could you please share the info? :)

Offers come out sometime before the end of April, likely around the middle of the month, after all the other admittance offers have been either accepted or rejected. I'm not sure how many are on the list. I think ppl on the waiting list are prioritized, based on a vague (but helpful) answer to a question I asked. I emailed marion at admissions. She didnt seem to mind at all, and was super quick to reply. Let me know if you hear anything.

I should note this is for the part time program

Edited by Vivi2020

24 minutes ago, Vivi2020 said:

Offers come out sometime before the end of April, likely around the middle of the month, after all the other admittance offers have been either accepted or rejected. I'm not sure how many are on the list. I think ppl on the waiting list are prioritized, based on a vague (but helpful) answer to a question I asked. I emailed marion at admissions. She didnt seem to mind at all, and was super quick to reply. Let me know if you hear anything.

I should note this is for the part time program

Thank you for the info! I see. I applied for the full time program.