Canada MSW 2020

rolearly34

1 hour ago, AlexBeans said:

What program are you applying for where the due date is May 1st!

Laurier applications for January 2021 start are due May 1st! I applied originally for May 2020 start, and was waitlisted. So this application is literally back-to-back! I thought I might as well try and see what happens.

1 minute ago, HopefulandCurious said:

Laurier applications for January 2021 start are due May 1st! I applied originally for May 2020 start, and was waitlisted. So this application is literally back-to-back! I thought I might as well try and see what happens.

Is this for full-time?

16 hours ago, Juli3270 said:

Congarts to all those getting your acceptances :). 

Just a question, has anyone been accepted into U of T MSW 2 year stream with a GPA between 3.0 and 3.5? I gather from posts it seems all very high 3's or 4.

I had a 3.4 GPA in my last year, and I was offered acceptance to U of T's 2-year MSW program on March 30, lower GPAs unite!! 

For those who were accepted, does anyone have any thoughts relating to our upcoming school year and COVID-19? I wish the official letter acknowledged the pandemic and any new changes they project will occur. 

Edited by PseudoIntellectual

10 minutes ago, PseudoIntellectual said:

I had a 3.4 GPA in my last year, and I was offered acceptance to U of T's 2-year MSW program on March 30, lower GPAs unite!! 

For those who were accepted, does anyone have any thoughts relating to our upcoming school year and COVID-19? I wish the official letter acknowledged the pandemic and any new changes they project will occur. 

I suspect if the pandemic is not over by September, our classes will be moved online.

12 minutes ago, MrMSW said:

I suspect if the pandemic is not over by September, our classes will be moved online.

That would be very unfortunate. Not paying for our money's worth, if it's all online classes, unable to access campus resources and cancelled practicums... curious if anyone heard if U of T has any plan or recourse for this scenario

Edited by PseudoIntellectual

2 minutes ago, PseudoIntellectual said:

That would be very unfortunate. Not paying for our money's worth, if it's all online classes, unable to access campus resources and cancelled practicums...

It certainly would not be ideal, but I suspect it will become standard practice across academia if the outbreak continues. On another note, are any others who have been accepted to U of T confused as to how to pay the $500 deposit? On one form it says it can only be sent by certified cheque or money order with a copy of the sheet, while another form says it can be submitted by credit card through ACORN.

For those who were accepted into UofTs 2year MSW and are accepting the offer... Is anyone one sending the acceptance via email? Like for me I just filled out the forms, took a picture of them and sent them to angels email. This was an option according to the form. Im just curious If anyone chose this method, or if they would be mailing it in instead.?

Just now, MrMSW said:

It certainly would not be ideal, but I suspect it will become standard practice across academia if the outbreak continues. On another note, are any others who have been accepted to U of T confused as to how to pay the $500 deposit? On one form it says it can only be sent by certified cheque or money order with a copy of the sheet, while another form says it can be submitted by credit card through ACORN.

I paid with Credit card and it has already been accepted.

8 minutes ago, JKMSW said:

For those who were accepted into UofTs 2year MSW and are accepting the offer... Is anyone one sending the acceptance via email? Like for me I just filled out the forms, took a picture of them and sent them to angels email. This was an option according to the form. Im just curious If anyone chose this method, or if they would be mailing it in instead.?

I am planning on scanning the documents and submitting them by email. I do not know if this was a valid option last year or is if it has been permitted only now due to COVID-19.

Edited by MrMSW

1 minute ago, MrMSW said:

I am planning on scanning the documents are submitting them by email. I do not know if this was a valid option last year or is if it has been permitted only now due to COVID-19.

Okay Great!!!

Also lol, Does any one know when we hear about funding packages? like I see on Acorn theres a section that says Graduate funding, but mine says "no".... I'm wondering if anyone else got like a scholarship entry or anything?

17 minutes ago, ksMSW2020 said:

Hey everyone,

I just heard from U of T full-time MSW program for September and got placed on their wait-list! I'll take it, better than a rejection. Anyone else?

Also, does anyone know when these offers start rolling through?!

Same! Going to try and remain hopeful :)

22 minutes ago, JKMSW said:

I will also be doing the same. I will fill them out online and email them to her. it says on it that we are able to do that :) 

Also does anyone know if we have to send another official transcript if the transcript we sent with our application was the final one from my undergraduate program as I graduated last year? I have emailed Angela but not heard back. 

29 minutes ago, sweetpeaMSW said:

Has anyone else still not heard anything at all from UofT 2year?

Edit: Ijust heard back on SGS and got waitlisted.

I haven't heard back yet either. I applied last year as well and got waitlisted but I've been seeing people are already getting waitlisted. I'm assuming the worst in that it looks like I'm not getting in this year:/

Edited by sofiahats
update

For those accepted to U of T's 2 year MSW program who have paid or are paying the $500 deposit by credit card, how exactly do you log into ACORN? It says I need a UTORid, but when I try to create one, it then says I need a valid student photo-ID card or library photo-ID card.