Canada MSW 2020

rolearly34

1 hour ago, JKMSW said:

I paid with Credit card and it has already been accepted.

7 minutes ago, MrMSW said:

For those accepted to U of T's 2 year MSW program who have paid or are paying the $500 deposit by credit card, how exactly do you log into ACORN? It says I need a UTORid, but when I try to create one, it then says I need a valid student photo-ID card or library photo-ID card.

I apologize as I just posed this question to the forum more generally, but I am wondering how you were able to get into ACORN to pay the deposit.

Edited by MrMSW

1 hour ago, SocialWorkMSW said:

Do you know how this shows up on loris? 

You go to admissions then click on the application. They also email you too though informing you then telling you to accept/decline on LORIS. Rejections are through mail. 

10 minutes ago, sofiahats said:

Edit: Ijust heard back on SGS and got waitlisted.

I haven't heard back yet either. I applied last year as well and got waitlisted but I've been seeing people are already getting waitlisted. I'm assuming the worst in that it looks like I'm not getting in this year:/

did you get an email?

I haven't had the chance to check my application portals today but haven't received anything yet either. To all those still waiting on UofT, take it as positive news! It means we still have a chance of getting an acceptance!

Edited by poppinMSW

5 minutes ago, poppinMSW said:

did you get an email?

I haven't had the chance to check my application portals today but haven't received anything yet either. To all those still waiting on UofT, take it as positive news! It means we still have a chance of getting an acceptance!

I checked SGS first but about 15 minutes later I also saw that I received an email.

18 minutes ago, MrMSW said:

I apologize as I just posed this question to the forum more generally, but I am wondering how you were able to get into ACORN to pay the deposit.

In the original email UofT sends out when you first applied, there is information on how to set up your ACORN account. They give you a Joinid and link etc. 

Does anyone have any knowledge about people they know getting off the wait list for U of T? Like how many people do they know that were taken off the wait list? (This may have been written a lot earlier in the feed but there are so many responses it's hard to find) :D 

16 minutes ago, hello121212 said:

Does anyone have any knowledge about people they know getting off the wait list for U of T? Like how many people do they know that were taken off the wait list? (This may have been written a lot earlier in the feed but there are so many responses it's hard to find) :D 

I read on a previous years forum that quiet a few came off the waitlist, however I also read that it was a large waitlist so it's hard to say

Hello everyone, it's exciting to hear about others who have been accepted to the two year MSW program at UoT! I am hoping for good news for the others who have not heard back yet! Don't lose out hope! I have applied to both UoT and Laurier (part-time online, non-bsw) and have accepted my offer for UoT. I have not heard back from Laurier yet, but I have decided that the UoT program will be a better fit for me! So if I do get accepted to the Laurier program, I will be declining! I am looking forward to connecting with future students come September ?

Edited by socialworkerjake

5 hours ago, JKMSW said:

For those who were accepted into UofTs 2year MSW and are accepting the offer... Is anyone one sending the acceptance via email? Like for me I just filled out the forms, took a picture of them and sent them to angels email. This was an option according to the form. Im just curious If anyone chose this method, or if they would be mailing it in instead.?

Hello, I did the same thing. I printed the forms, signed them and then scanned them and sent them to Angela through email. I have not received a response yet but I am assuming she is probably very busy at the moment. 

37 minutes ago, socialworkerjake said:

Do you happen to know how to tell if the deposit has been accepted? Mine is showing it as "Credit Balance" with the $500 in green compared to it being red before. Does yours look like this? 

Yes mine looks like this too. Theres a section that says Payment history (its under finances). If you click on that link, theres more details on what the payment was for. There is where it outlines that it was the admissions offer deposit.

found out I'm also on the waitlist for UofT 2year! happy since it's my first year applying but wondering how many other people are on the list!

also find it strange that in previous years people found out they were on the waitlist before others found out they were accepted...

56 minutes ago, sweetpeaMSW said:

found out I'm also on the waitlist for UofT 2year! happy since it's my first year applying but wondering how many other people are on the list!

also find it strange that in previous years people found out they were on the waitlist before others found out they were accepted...

I think it comes in waves. This is also my first year applying!

I received an email at 7:30 AM this morning saying a decision has been reached for my application to the two-year MSW at U of T. When I signed into SGS portal there was a letter. I am on the waitlist! Fingers crossed. 

For those who received an acceptance, what is the deadline you were given to either accept, defer, or decline by?

I just received my rejection through SGS through UOFT :(. I have been bracing myself as my CGPA and final year GPA was not competitive at all, just making the cut off for final year GPA (Otherwise I thought my personal statement, work and volunteer experience was relatively competitive). It doesn’t feel as bad as I thought though, it’s only made me more motivated to improve and try a second time! 

Does anyone know of any 1 year BSW programs for those who have a undergrad degree already? The rejection letter mentions doing a BSW or taking 4 courses at the senior level to improve GPA. 

Best wishes to everyone else :) 

21 minutes ago, Juli3270 said:

I just received my rejection through SGS through UOFT :(. I have been bracing myself as my CGPA and final year GPA was not competitive at all, just making the cut off for final year GPA (Otherwise I thought my personal statement, work and volunteer experience was relatively competitive). It doesn’t feel as bad as I thought though, it’s only made me more motivated to improve and try a second time! 

Does anyone know of any 1 year BSW programs for those who have a undergrad degree already? The rejection letter mentions doing a BSW or taking 4 courses at the senior level to improve GPA. 

Best wishes to everyone else :) 

Renison University College (one of the colleges attached to University of Waterloo) has a 1 year post-grad BSW - i'm doing it right now! you just have to come with a degree in a similar field and you can get your BSW in 10 months. Its pretty intense but if you don't wanna do a whole other 4 years its an option :)

On 3/31/2020 at 10:25 PM, j13 said:

Amazing, I accepted mine as well! It will definitely be the adjustment coming from Vancouver but I cannot wait for these two years :) 

Hi, I was accepted to UBCO as well! I am debating between University of Calgary and UBCO. Can you tell me a bit about why you chose this program?