2020 Canadian SLP Thread

21 minutes ago, speechy_123 said:

Does anyone know if there's a way to decline waitlist for McMaster? I would think there should be so that other people on the waitlist can move up, but ORPAS doesn't give you the option to do so, and I'm looking on my student account but there doesn't seem to be an option either. Thanks!

Once you've firmly accepted an offer, you're automatically taken off the waitlist from all other schools! I'm not sure if there's another way to be taken off the waitlist though :// 

6 hours ago, SLPWaitlisted said:

Hey! From what I have read from the schools in Ontario and on the forums, if you provisionally accept an offer, you will still be on the waitlist for other schools until April 30th.On April 30th, if the offer is still provisionally accepted, it will automatically become a firm acceptance and you will be taken off the waitlist of other school! I hope this helps :)

Yes, this is correct! I even contacted ORPAS to confirm. 

I am trying to decide between McGill, UofT and UOttawa. I have heard quite a bit about both the McGill and Toronto programs but don't know a lot about the Ottawa program. I am wondering if anyone has heard from previous students about the structure of the program? I'm having a difficult time deciding so anything you've heard would about any of the programs would be great!

12 minutes ago, kspeaks123 said:

I am trying to decide between McGill, UofT and UOttawa. I have heard quite a bit about both the McGill and Toronto programs but don't know a lot about the Ottawa program. I am wondering if anyone has heard from previous students about the structure of the program? I'm having a difficult time deciding so anything you've heard would about any of the programs would be great!

Hey there! I would suggest checking out this link that @Slpqwe posted: 

I found it useful in helping me make a decision!!

6 minutes ago, SLPlz123 said:

Has anyone heard from Dalhousie about being waitlisted yet?

I haven't heard anything yet... I also noticed that it seems like the acceptances that were given out on April 7th were all maritime residents based on their bios, can anyone confirm this? I'm wondering if they might be waiting on out of province acceptances.

Edited by slpmeg

Hi everyone! I've been waitlisted at Ottawa and wasn't accepted to any other schools so I'm trying to figure out whats the best plan for me next semester.

For those whom its their second time applying and went back to school after being rejected the first time, did you register as an independent student? Or did you cancel your graduation and continued doing courses as part of your first degree?

Edited by speedyspeechy

5 minutes ago, slpmeg said:

I haven't heard anything yet... I also noticed that it seems like the acceptances that were given out on April 7th were all maritime residents based on their bios, can anyone confirm this? I'm wondering if they might be waiting on out of province acceptances.

I received an acceptance to Dalhousie on the 7th and I'm not from the maritimes

Edited by s.slp

12 minutes ago, SLPlz123 said:

Has anyone heard from Dalhousie about being waitlisted yet?

I haven’t heard anything yet! It seems like they’ve sent out their acceptances but no waitlist or rejections yet. I was hoping they would send out the waitlist today before the holiday tomorrow 

1 hour ago, kspeaks123 said:

I have accepted uOttawa. I really like the idea of doing it in French and I have friends who have graduated from there or are still there. One thing I didn't know about is that everyone in the program does Audiology courses so you actually graduate with a Minor in Audiology! That for me was really interesting!

On 4/8/2020 at 3:06 PM, overcaffeinatedslp said:

I accepted mine yesterday afternoon but have yet to receive confirmation that they've received the email. I'm sure they will soon!

have you heard back from them yet? I just replied to the email, but now I'm thinking I should have sent a new one. 

Has anyone contacted Dalhousie about admissions recently? I’m trying to stay patient but with the Easter long weekend I doubt we will hear anything until April 14th (one day before the national deadline to accept offers)! Yikes..

On 4/8/2020 at 6:17 PM, SLPWaitlisted said:

Once you've firmly accepted an offer, you're automatically taken off the waitlist from all other schools! I'm not sure if there's another way to be taken off the waitlist though :// 

The issue is I'm not accepting any offers from Ontario since I'm accepting McGill, so I don't think it will take me off waitlist : ( Thanks for your insight!

2 hours ago, melspeaks said:

For those who have accepted their uoft offers, do we get an email with our Acorn login info once we accept? It’s been 2 days and I haven’t received anything yet. 

I also accepted my offer two days ago and haven’t gotten anything. It may take a week or so I think they mentioned things being slower on their end in the open house.