2020 Canadian SLP Thread

21 hours ago, JerichoSpeech said:

Hey Mackenzie! I'm also new to Grad Cafe, and like you I'll be attending the UBC SLP program this fall :) Although yeah, fingers crossed we actually get to attend class in-person!

I'm also starting at UBC this fall! Looking forward to meeting everyone & also hoping that classes will be in person :)

10 hours ago, c.speech said:

Hi! I received the email from Western saying I got accepted off the waitlist. I am so excited!! I was wondering if anyone got the confirmation email? 

not yet - they might send it tomorrow!

3 minutes ago, SLPhopeful127 said:

Not yet. Trying to remain patient ?

There are still 16/62 open seats in all of the classes. So unless people haven’t registered for classes yet, there should still be some waitlist movement. 

Has anyone heard any info about u of t's waitlist? Like how big it is at least? I know western told people their quadrant spot and that some heard last years waitlist had 100 people on it, but I haven't got any information about U of T's.

Hello everyone!

Sorry that I am so late to joining this forum - my friend told me about it this morning and all I can think is that it would have been so nice to be able to chat with all of you through this intense process. I also received notification of being placed on the Waitlist for the UofA on March 10th and swear I was in my own sort of purgatory until just recently, especially with the added stress and anxiety of everything that is happening in the world right now - to which I want to say, I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

With all that being said, I know that a lot of folks have been asking about UofA waitlist so that is why I still wanted to post so late in the game. I did receive a call from Vicki on April 16th offering me a spot off the waitlist on and into the program and accepted! So for those of you still waiting, hold out hope, and know that you're one spot closer. Hopefully we will be classmates in the fall!

To those of you who have received acceptances, congrats and good luck these coming years! I am beyond thrilled and can't wait to get started!

10 minutes ago, Speechiepeachie4 said:

Hello everyone!

Sorry that I am so late to joining this forum - my friend told me about it this morning and all I can think is that it would have been so nice to be able to chat with all of you through this intense process. I also received notification of being placed on the Waitlist for the UofA on March 10th and swear I was in my own sort of purgatory until just recently, especially with the added stress and anxiety of everything that is happening in the world right now - to which I want to say, I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

With all that being said, I know that a lot of folks have been asking about UofA waitlist so that is why I still wanted to post so late in the game. I did receive a call from Vicki on April 16th offering me a spot off the waitlist on and into the program and accepted! So for those of you still waiting, hold out hope, and know that you're one spot closer. Hopefully we will be classmates in the fall!

To those of you who have received acceptances, congrats and good luck these coming years! I am beyond thrilled and can't wait to get started!

Hi Speechiepeachie4,

Congratulations on being accepted! It's nice at least knowing that there has been some waitlist movement. Keeping my fingers crossed! 

On 4/16/2020 at 8:34 PM, futureslp1996 said:

I accepted my offer at U of T, therefore declining my offer at uOttawa and my waitlist position at Western!

Was just offered a spot off the waitlist at McGill, so I will be cancelling my acceptance to U of T.

18 hours ago, slp2020m said:

Did anyone on the McMaster's waitlist get an offer yet?

I have not heard anything yet and I was position 5 on the waitlist .... I was sure 5 people would have declined their offers... I just keep waiting :D