2020 Canadian SLP Thread

6 minutes ago, SLPlz123 said:

Hey! Anyone hear anything about Dalhousie's waitlists or rejections?

Not yet, I'm starting to get kind of discouraged since the national deadline has passed and we still haven't even heard back

8 minutes ago, slpmeg said:

Not yet, I'm starting to get kind of discouraged since the national deadline has passed and we still haven't even heard back

I've seen a few people saying that they are declining their offers to Dal so I'm hoping they will be sending out more acceptance letters once they get an idea of how many have accepted their offers what I don't understand is why they haven't  sent out the waitlists or rejections. 

4 hours ago, nigellovesslp said:

Just got a call from McGill to offer me a spot off the waitlist! I declined since I will be attending U of T, but just an FYI for anyone else on the waitlist :) 

might i ask what made you choose toronto over mcgill?

15 minutes ago, melspeaks said:

might i ask what made you choose toronto over mcgill?

Some major reasons are just personal preference, like I did my undergrad at McGill so wanting to go to a different school and I'm from Toronto so can live at home and save money (of course Toronto is expensive itself). I prefer it's curriculum of alternating between clinical and courses, whereas McGill does them at the same time. I've also heard great things from people I know who are/went there, mainly that it's a really good supportive environment and of course it's a very reputable school.

1 hour ago, SLPhopeful127 said:

Does anyone know if there was a delay like this last year? Are they waiting until after the weekend?

If you are talking about Dalhousie, I believe that last year the waitlist was sent the day after acceptances.

Hi Everyone! I am new to the Grad Cafe so I haven't read through everything yet but wanted to introduce myself. I received my offer for SLP at UBC for September 2020 and was wondering if anyone else is going to be attending? Hopefully it doesn't start out all virtual but who knows right now! I wish you all the best and hope you're all staying safe! Looking forward to meeting some of you :)

15 minutes ago, Mackenzie L said:

Hi Everyone! I am new to the Grad Cafe so I haven't read through everything yet but wanted to introduce myself. I received my offer for SLP at UBC for September 2020 and was wondering if anyone else is going to be attending? Hopefully it doesn't start out all virtual but who knows right now! I wish you all the best and hope you're all staying safe! Looking forward to meeting some of you :)

Hey Mackenzie! I'm also new to Grad Cafe, and like you I'll be attending the UBC SLP program this fall :) Although yeah, fingers crossed we actually get to attend class in-person!