2020 Canadian SLP Thread

22 hours ago, SpeechST said:

this is my second year applying and this is a very long wait! I will try to contact them soon if we don’t hear anything 

I wrote an email to the administrative secretary Hillary last Wednesday (the 22nd), but still no reply as of yet, good news or bad. I'm really curious about what's going on, as I see several students said they have either been accepted or waitlisted much earlier on in the month. I must say, I'm starting to lose hope. ?

1 hour ago, speechesandpeaches said:

I wrote an email to the administrative secretary Hillary last Wednesday (the 22nd), but still no reply as of yet, good news or bad. I'm really curious about what's going on, as I see several students said they have either been accepted or waitlisted much earlier on in the month. I must say, I'm starting to lose hope. ?

Hey! I was accepted to Dal earlier when they sent out the original acceptances. They gave me until the 25th to respond instead of the 15th of April, but I declined a couple of days ago. I'm assuming they gave this extra time to other people too, so you will probably still hear back! They just seem to be a few days behind this year because of everything! Don't give up yet!

Edited by BrettSLP

Hey I was wondering if anyone on the waitlist has heard from McMaster yet. If so what was your position on the waitlist ?

Also, I got into the CDA program at Durham college. I was wondering if anyone here has worked as a CDA and could shed some light on their experiences (I have a couple of questions and was wondering if I could PM someone my questions)

Thanks!

Edited by Rehab

55 minutes ago, Rehab said:

Hey I was wondering if anyone on the waitlist has heard from McMaster yet. If so what was your position on the waitlist ?

Also, I got into the CDA program at Durham college. I was wondering if anyone here has worked as a CDA and could shed some light on their experiences (I have a couple of questions and was wondering if I could PM someone my questions)

Thanks!

I pmed you!

4 hours ago, SLPGIRL18 said:

@SLPgirl2020 How did you make the decision to chose UofT over Western? I’ve been accepted to both and cannot decide. 

I picked uoft since its closer to me and its in the heart of Toronto. Additionally, the clinical placements and studies (courses) do not occur at the same time so it allows me to focus on one thing at a time.

Just now, speechesandpeaches said:

Hey! I'm also waitlisted for Dalhousie! Does anyone know why they don't have cohorts/quadrants like other schools do for their waitlists? How are we supposed to know our chances of getting in? And does anyone know how long this waitlist lasts for?

Sorry unrelated to your point but U of A is like this and it's so tough. No indication of where you stand or your chances. I wish they would disclose positions. 

Hello!

I just got offered a waitlist position for Dalhousie S-LP. Does anyone know if we can still send updated official transcripts with grades from the winter 2020 semester to the university given COVID-19? I know in an earlier email Dalhousie said this was required but it wasn’t reiterated on the waitlist email. Thank you for any insights you can provide! 

On 4/23/2020 at 10:50 AM, EagerSpeechie2019 said:

Just curious if anyone has reached out to U of A? Compared to last year this seems like an unusual wait 

If it makes you feel any better, there are still 10 people not enrolled for our classes, so I'd expect that there will still be some waitlist movement!