2020 Canadian SLP Thread

5 minutes ago, SLPPPPwannabe said:

Anybody hear from UofA lately? I heard there’s still 16 people not enrolled in classes, just wondering if people haven’t enrolled or if that’s waitlist movement. Thanks guys :) 

Hello! Nothing for me yet. I am curious too if it will be remaining spots or if people have not yet enrolled ?I hope we still have a chance!!

37 minutes ago, SLPPPPwannabe said:

Anybody hear from UofA lately? I heard there’s still 16 people not enrolled in classes, just wondering if people haven’t enrolled or if that’s waitlist movement. Thanks guys :) 

No I haven't heard back yet. It's proving to be a much slower process than I anticipated.

I think it's a combination of the two. It usually takes a few days for your acceptance to kick in before you can enrol in classes.  

1 hour ago, SLPPPPwannabe said:

Hey!

I haven't heard anything either! Hoping for some movement tomorrow! :)

I thought I would ask this on the group, before I emailed and asked. I know that the UofA has a CR/NCR implemented for this semester, does this affect admissions in anyway, and should we be requesting letters from our professors? Just wondering if anyone has asked this yet, before I ask. 

51 minutes ago, SpeechLP2020 said:

I thought I would ask this on the group, before I emailed and asked. I know that the UofA has a CR/NCR implemented for this semester, does this affect admissions in anyway, and should we be requesting letters from our professors? Just wondering if anyone has asked this yet, before I ask. 

I spoke with Vicki a few weeks ago and she mentioned that she recommends we hold onto the letters just in case for next year (the department hasn’t made any decisions about next year’s admissions). This semester‘s grades aren’t considered for admission - our GPA’s were calculated based on previous semesters. 

It might be different if you’re completing pre-reqs this semester. But they usually tell you your admission is dependent on you passing and completing the course.

This is what I know about U of A. It could be different for other universities. 

7 minutes ago, SLPhopeful127 said:

I spoke with Vicki a few weeks ago and she mentioned that she recommends we hold onto the letters just in case for next year (the department hasn’t made any decisions about next year’s admissions). This semester‘s grades aren’t considered for admission - our GPA’s were calculated based on previous semesters. 

It might be different if you’re completing pre-reqs this semester. But they usually tell you your admission is dependent on you passing and completing the course.

This is what I know about U of A. It could be different for other universities. 

That makes sense! I have a few more pre-reqs that I'm taking this semester, so hopefully it doesn't affect admissions. I also heard that professors don't have to provide letters, and that it is optional. I'm hoping that the department won't stress the letters too much. 

Thanks for sharing that information! Stay Safe!

4 hours ago, EagerSpeechie2019 said:

Just curious if anyone has reached out to U of A? Compared to last year this seems like an unusual wait 

I haven’t but am curious to this as well. I saw on last years thread that only one or two people saw acceptances from waitlist until the 24th and then there seemed to be much more. Not sure what the case is this year..

On 4/23/2020 at 2:20 PM, Slp2020 applicant said:

has anyone heard from the uOttawa waitlist? 

I was accepted originally but a friend of mine got accepted into both SLP and AUD this past week off the waitlist! Hopefully an acceptance is coming your way!

44 minutes ago, cdapanda said:

I was accepted originally but a friend of mine got accepted into both SLP and AUD this past week off the waitlist! Hopefully an acceptance is coming your way!

If you guys are going, join the FB group! :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/220077479088643/