MFA 2020 Freak Out Forum

hinata

Has anyone heard anything from UIC or NYU Buffalo? I received a tuition remission offer for U Ohio a couple years ago but decided it wasn't the right fit for me. I applied to a few programs this year but haven't heard anything. Do some programs offer admission without an interview? Thanks! 

1 hour ago, lynn56 said:

Has anyone heard anything from UIC or NYU Buffalo? I received a tuition remission offer for U Ohio a couple years ago but decided it wasn't the right fit for me. I applied to a few programs this year but haven't heard anything. Do some programs offer admission without an interview? Thanks! 

I cannot speak to the programs you applied to, but I was offered admission without an interview by another program, so it definitely happens

Edited by MIQI

Hi Everyone, 

Here are my stats

Yale (rejected)

Cranbrook (Interview March)

University of Texas, Austin [transmedia](Interview feb 5th)

Northwestern (Not contacted yet)

CMU (Not contacted yet)

RISD (Not contacted yet)

Georgia State University (Not contacted yet)

University of South Florida (Not contacted yet)

Hope everyone is burning incense, meditating, sleeping, and not freaking out during this limbo stage. And if you are, it's ok, me too. MAY WE FEEL PEACEFUL AND STRONG IN THIS PROCESS.

On 2/2/2020 at 9:53 PM, ohboyy said:

Hi UT Austin applicants! Keep an ear out for phone calls for interviews. I received one tonight from a 512 number.

If anyone hadms any experience with/info on the program, I'd appreciate it! I don't know a ton.

Seconding this, if anyone has more info on UT Austin would be great to hear. 

3 minutes ago, pollypocket said:

Hi Everyone, 

Here are my stats

Yale (rejected)

Cranbrook (Interview March)

University of Texas, Austin [transmedia](Interview feb 5th)

Northwestern (Not contacted yet)

CMU (Not contacted yet)

RISD (Not contacted yet)

Georgia State University (Not contacted yet)

University of South Florida (Not contacted yet)

Hope everyone is burning incense, meditating, sleeping, and not freaking out during this limbo stage. And if you are, it's ok, me too. MAY WE FEEL PEACEFUL AND STRONG IN THIS PROCESS.

Good luck to you!! It's hard for me to not lose faith in the programs that have not yet contacted me at this point, but yes we should remain positive :) I feel like self-doubt can be so prevalent in admissions season. I hope we all recognize our own worth no matter the outcome.

On 2/4/2020 at 1:43 AM, MIQI said:

Received UMich Stamps interview invite via email. If there's anyone who had interviewed with them before and is willing to share their experience—that'd be appreciated!

MFA or Mdes? I applied Mdes in Stamps,  but have not received an interview invite.?

27 minutes ago, ih8cinema said:

any word from Goldsmiths/Glasgow/Piet Zwart?

very excited for Oxford/uchicago/saic interviews this/next week!!

I applied to Oxford too but heard nothing from them yet

The latest email I got from them was in mid Jan telling me that my application is ready for assessment...

Hey folks, 

applying for an interdisciplinary degree with printmaking focus. 

Got an interview spot with FSU for either Thursday or Friday. 

No word from Arizona State University... does anyone know their schedule for interview or notification? 

I also applied to Stamps but I didn’t get an interview and so I am assuming a rejection letter in the near future. 

Best of luck to all! Thank you for your insight :) 

24 minutes ago, Wolfwoman said:

Hey folks, 

applying for an interdisciplinary degree with printmaking focus. 

Got an interview spot with FSU for either Thursday or Friday. 

No word from Arizona State University... does anyone know their schedule for interview or notification? 

I also applied to Stamps but I didn’t get an interview and so I am assuming a rejection letter in the near future. 

Best of luck to all! Thank you for your insight :) 

I had an interview with the painting department at ASU last week, but I'm pretty sure they interview departmentally and are on different schedules, so I don't think me having an interview means anything if you applied for printmaking! I also haven't heard from them yet with a rejection or acceptance!