MFA 2020 Freak Out Forum

hinata

I had a phone interview for Cranbrook, and they emailed me and asked me to travel there for an in person interview and to see the campus. I'm hoping this means I will probably be accepted because I'm spending a lot of money on travel expenses. This process is so nerve-racking and expensive, but also exciting. 

2 hours ago, anxiouslywaiting0000 said:

I haven't heard anything from them!!! That's confusing.

I haven't either! But I'm fiber. I was worried that they'd make the decisions via the TUportal or whatever, but I don't have access to that. :( Glad to hear that they do emails. :') 

16 hours ago, anxiouslywaiting0000 said:

I had a phone interview for Cranbrook, and they emailed me and asked me to travel there for an in person interview and to see the campus. I'm hoping this means I will probably be accepted because I'm spending a lot of money on travel expenses. This process is so nerve-racking and expensive, but also exciting. 

I'm not sure yet for creative leaning schools - but I've seen in a handful of other programs schools will help with costs. If you're in a tight financial position - it doesn't hurt at all to ask admissions if the school will reimburse travel costs for a visit - they may so no, but they could also offer a little bit that could at least offset the plane ticket/hotel etc! Good luck 

heres my list!

yale- reject

rutgers - reject but invited to the department of design for interview

saic ma vsc - no response

goldsmiths - no response

Uark - interviewed, no response

Cornell - no response

Purchase mfa+ma - no response

im also a non us citizen, not sure if that changes anything about deadlines 

Hello everyone! Here is my list so far, all for painting

University of Washington - skype interview on 2/7

PAFA low res - Accepted :)

MICA low res - Skype interview this Sunday 

MECA low res - no response

BARD - no response

UCLA - no response

LCAD - no response 

Very curious about when BARD painting interview requests are sent out if anyone has any intel 

Edited by Ashley_567
typo

I also applied for Bard painting and haven't heard anything yet! Hope that every department has different timing cuz this has freaked me out....

44 minutes ago, Ashley_567 said:

BARD - no response

UCLA - no response

LCAD - no response 

Very curious about when BARD painting interview requests are sent out if anyone has any intel 

1 hour ago, Ashley_567 said:

BARD - no response

UCLA - no response

LCAD - no response 

I think it could be for all programs because the interview invite refers to all of the faculty committees. But of course there could be a difference for each program.

Edited by nevermind777

20 minutes ago, nevermind777 said:

I think it could be for all programs because the interview invite refers to all of the faculty committees. But of course there could be a difference for each program.

Welll shoot..... did you get the interview invite via email or just from checking your portal?

2 minutes ago, Ashley_567 said:

Welll shoot..... did you get the interview invite via email or just from checking your portal?

I got an email that my application had been updated and then I checked the portal. The office is very friendly (which you may already know) so you can always call them to double check. But congrats on your acceptance and good luck with your others. I am also still waiting on UCLA

Hello, first time applicant here so this process is rather new to me. 

I believe RISD was mentioned earlier by someone, but I was curious if anyone else has heard back or if it would be safe for me to assume a rejection? I applied to the painting department. I also applied to (all for painting):

Yale - Rejected

Rutgers - Interview

Bard - Interview 

Thanks.