MFA 2020 Freak Out Forum

hinata

I’m curious too. I’ve heard nothing from Columbia School of Arts Painting nor Bard Painting...I assume by end of next week would be the latest for interview requests. 

Has anyone received a Columbia invite yet? 

Edited by AFL

10 hours ago, joethebridge said:

I also applied for Bard painting and haven't heard anything yet! Hope that every department has different timing cuz this has freaked me out....

I applied for Bard painting and got an interview invite last night. I think all departments interview on the same day.

The only school I haven’t heard from is UCLA so I’m thinking it’s a no from them. 

Edited by paintpaintpaintpaint

8 hours ago, AFL said:

I’m curious too. I’ve heard nothing from Columbia School of Arts Painting nor Bard Painting...I assume by end of next week would be the latest for interview requests. 

Has anyone received a Columbia invite yet? 

A friend of mine got an interview invite via e-mail on February 17th for photo last year... I think Columbia interview e-mails go out the latest (at least for photo) but this is really mostly a guess.

1 hour ago, holywarrior said:

Just got an interview request from Hunter for painting!

I also just got an interview request from Hunter for combined Media :) !!!!

So I've got my interview with SAIC this weekend, and I was told via email that we will talk about 2-3 of my best pieces & the conceptual / material framework, influences, and what I want from grad school.
For any of y'all that know SAIC, do you know if we get to choose what we think are our 2-3 best pieces, or is it something they're going to choose? Because if I get to choose, we are good to go. (Also, if anyone was interested in the SAIC interview content, apparently this is it and it's only 20 minutes.)

1 hour ago, aniben3 said:

So I've got my interview with SAIC this weekend, and I was told via email that we will talk about 2-3 of my best pieces & the conceptual / material framework, influences, and what I want from grad school.
For any of y'all that know SAIC, do you know if we get to choose what we think are our 2-3 best pieces, or is it something they're going to choose? Because if I get to choose, we are good to go. (Also, if anyone was interested in the SAIC interview content, apparently this is it and it's only 20 minutes.)

What department?

Has anyone heard back from University of Oregon, University of Washington Seattle, or SMU Meadows?

Other schools I applied to are UT Austin (already had my interview and am awaiting response), RISD (interview later this month), and UCLA (which apparently no one has heard back from, from what I've read)

Has anyone received an interview request for SAIC's Low-residency program? Does SAIC always offer interviews to successful applicants in each program (as in, should I be worried if I haven't heard back by now?)