MFA 2020 Freak Out Forum

hinata

55 minutes ago, mfa2020 said:

Do you know what disciplines are these invitations for? I know all disciplines at Columbia send out their invites at different times. Also, if anyone need to hear back from MIT, the interviews will take place this week. 

I got an interview invite for Moving Image today. To add another data point - I checked my Slideroom and the "MFA" part is on my application title.

15 minutes ago, MYJ2020 said:

another day of no news at all...guess i'm gonna try the slideroom method too

I'm having trouble understanding the slideroom method. Does it involve where it says MFA in the top left-hand corner or where it says MFA on the submitted page? Also, is it something for all schools or just Columbia?

Thanks! :)

13 minutes ago, aguascalientes said:

I got an interview invite for Moving Image today. To add another data point - I checked my Slideroom and the "MFA" part is on my application title.

22 minutes ago, zzc said:

Moving Image

I applied to sculpture, and the MFA is not there in my slideroom. Although they haven't sent out invites yet I guess, I shouldn't keep my hope up then. 

25 minutes ago, willow j said:

I'm having trouble understanding the slideroom method. Does it involve where it says MFA in the top left-hand corner or where it says MFA on the submitted page? Also, is it something for all schools or just Columbia?

Thanks! :)

I’m actually not sure cuz I don’t have any experience with it...just checked my slide room and don’t seem to have any changes so far 

guess it’s not applicable to every school...just a way to calm myself down(or freak out more 

sorry not really helpful

3 minutes ago, MYJ2020 said:

I’m actually not sure cuz I don’t have any experience with it...just checked my slide room and don’t seem to have any changes so far 

guess it’s not applicable to every school...just a way to calm myself down(or freak out more 

sorry not really helpful

It's only one school in particular, I believe Columbia

Edited by Rtwoneday

58 minutes ago, willow j said:

Thanks! G

Hey! This is from my Colombia Slideroom page, top left corner of page. It used to say, '2020 New Genres MFA' and today the MFA has been removed. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 10.08.28 PM.png

Edited by hht
typo

On 2/17/2020 at 11:33 PM, yuomisota said:

I haven't heard anything from Stanford--so I'm assuming rejection. I flew out for the open house back in November and the director had mentioned that finalists would be notified late January/Early Feb. so that they have time to make travel arrangements for the interview. 

Yeah I guess so. They could at least inform candidates that they did not make it to the finalists pool, and not make us wait for rejection for over a month.

2 hours ago, ih8cinema said:

Received Goldsmiths Fine Art MFA interview offer this morning. Also – accepted at Oxford, interviewed UChicago, interviewed SAIC FVNMA, offered Glasgow interview, still silence from Piet Zwart.

I think Piet Zwart won't send the interview invitation that early, considering their deadline is 6 March for international students

the schools i have applied:

Yale: rejected

UCLA (new genre): interviewed last weekend

Slade: will be interviewed (late-March)

Goldsmiths: waiting (probably no show since someone has already received the invitation

RCA: waiting (I applied the round 2)

Piet Zwart: waiting 

sandberg institute: waiting

32 minutes ago, Koyal said:

Which program did you apply to?

Btw, here is a telegram channel for RCA MA 2020 aspirants to share their application experience (if you care to join)..

https://t.me/RCA_MA

I applied contemporary art practice (critical practice pathway).

Yea, I joined the tg channel, thx for inviting...hope i could share any experience (thats mean wont just get the rejection directly ?)

2 hours ago, Noir said:

the schools i have applied:

Yale: rejected

UCLA (new genre): interviewed last weekend

Slade: will be interviewed (late-March)

Goldsmiths: waiting (probably no show since someone has already received the invitation

RCA: waiting (I applied the round 2)

Piet Zwart: waiting 

sandberg institute: waiting

How was your interview at UCLA? Have they contactes your references?

12 minutes ago, zzc said:

I dont know have they contacted any of my referees (since we dont contact often)

I elaborate some of my works and my goal in the future during the interview (i think i could do better actually), but anyway, I did my job, cant regret anything that much

I know there are 10 finalists for 2 places (New Genre), dunno when will they decide the final result.

P.S. i applied interdisciplinary studio as my first choice originally but UCLA sent an email to me said New Genre would like to interview me rather than IS...

21 minutes ago, zzc said:

oh, just read the previous post, u are one of the 10 as well haha ?

Do you feel the interview is challenging or...?