Fall 2020 Applications

amylynn

Has anyone heard anything from UBC or University of Pennsylvania, specifically in the archaeology subfield? I've seen UPenn socio-cultural acceptances/rejects but none other than that.

-dying here

12 hours ago, YS90 said:

Have anyone heard anything from Yale or Harvard? 

I saw some posts about Yale in the results page, did any of the two commentators get an interview?

All the best of luck to us all! 

I was told by Harvard's graduate program coordinator that decisions will be posted around February 18. 

hey folks! anyone hear from McGill yet? looks like interviews and offers were out by this time last cycle but I don't see anything on the results page.

also, question about u of t's process. I got my acceptance email at like 11:53pm on a Tuesday in Jan. and it said my letter of offer would be sent the following week. It hasn't come yet and the GPA confirmed that the offer specifics (ie. funding) are still being processed and will come by the 19th (still unclear if online or in post). But... I've never heard of a program that sends acceptances before offers, so I'm curious as to why. Anyone have insight on this?

3 hours ago, reddcurry said:

hey folks! anyone hear from McGill yet? looks like interviews and offers were out by this time last cycle but I don't see anything on the results page.

also, question about u of t's process. I got my acceptance email at like 11:53pm on a Tuesday in Jan. and it said my letter of offer would be sent the following week. It hasn't come yet and the GPA confirmed that the offer specifics (ie. funding) are still being processed and will come by the 19th (still unclear if online or in post). But... I've never heard of a program that sends acceptances before offers, so I'm curious as to why. Anyone have insight on this?

I can't speak to UofT specifically, but I've found that it's relatively common. The department decides who to admit, and sends their list up to the Graduate School, who then issues the formal offers. But that can take a few weeks and POIs or Dept. directors/adcomms often send an email to informally inform you they've accepted you and possibly invite you to the admitted students' day/weekend.

On 2/15/2020 at 2:18 AM, NicholeB said:

Has anyone heard anything from UBC or University of Pennsylvania, specifically in the archaeology subfield? I've seen UPenn socio-cultural acceptances/rejects but none other than that.

-dying here

Heyy sorry to hear but I do hope you'll hear back soon! Just wondering - where did u see the UPenn sociocultura acceptances/rejects? It's not on the results list - anxious now too!!

18 hours ago, enjey said:

Heyy sorry to hear but I do hope you'll hear back soon! Just wondering - where did u see the UPenn sociocultura acceptances/rejects? It's not on the results list - anxious now too!!

Oh I missed that! Looks like interviews were announced and no admit/reject notices. I saw green in my search but that was from last year! Keeping the hope alive. Good luck to you too.

3 hours ago, werfsdfgsdgrrre said:

Hi, does anyone know if all uchicago and harvard admits have been contacted?

Hi! I applied to both and haven't heard from either. I think a couple of people on the forum have been contacted for interviews. I also saw that someone said that Harvard was supposed to send decisions this week. I do think all admits have probably been contacted.

10 hours ago, NicholeB said:

Oh I missed that! Looks like interviews were announced and no admit/reject notices. I saw green in my search but that was from last year! Keeping the hope alive. Good luck to you too.

Haha no worries! Thanks and all the best to you too!!

15 hours ago, werfsdfgsdgrrre said:

Hi, does anyone know if all uchicago and harvard admits have been contacted?

Hello! I interviewed with Harvard ~3 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything yet. I really hope they haven't sent all acceptances....I don't think they typically send them all at once but who knows. Trying to hold out hope while not getting my hopes up ? 

Is anyone of the one admitted to UT Austin considering a better offer? I am waitlisted, and my POI said to me I'm at the top of the list, and while I have another offer, UT Austin fits me way better. They're doing amazing stuff in media-borders-Latin America, which are my topics. If so, just shot me a PM to talk! Please let help!

Currently waiting on hearing from Texas State University for MA anthropology. I saw one rejection on the results page, so maybe some rejections have rolled out?

Also waiting for CSU Chico MA biological anthropology. Trying not to check my email every 10 minutes, but I always do

Already heard back from MA programs from UN Reno and UNLV but nether were positive!

Edited by Spychip

On 2/27/2020 at 2:30 PM, Spychip said:

Currently waiting on hearing from Texas State University for MA anthropology. I saw one rejection on the results page, so maybe some rejections have rolled out?

Also waiting for CSU Chico MA biological anthropology. Trying not to check my email every 10 minutes, but I always do

Already heard back from MA programs from UN Reno and UNLV but nether were positive!

I saw a waitlist get posted and I know someone who got rejected a couple of days ago. Just an FYI, I have had some friends go through the forensics program there and apparently its super toxic. I guess the professors only care about the PhD students now, and the program is getting a bad rep in the field by word of mouth. If you happen to get into another program  I would highly recommend attending the other one. If its the only one you get into then just mentally prepare yourself.