DAAD Scholarship 2020-2021

Nikita Kamboj

4 hours ago, SashaGenau said:

It’s Monday, which means we all get to start the weekly fiasco of refreshing the DAAD portal, and checking our emails like mad people for news. Good luck for this week everyone, and don’t forget to update us all as to news and your region! 

That's right! Checking e-mail like hourly jaja

i have messaged DAAD about the results for PhD Research Grant in Germany 20/21 (Asia Pacific Countries) and here is the response.

We'll probably wait a bit longer then.

Patience, patience and patience to everyone.

be focusing on other things instead to divert my attention

lets just hope for the best!

Wilbert

Response.png

Relax, news will come sooner or later.

Decision has already been taken, there's nothing we can do but patiently waiting. 

You will got an email once they update the portal, no need to check it. 

@DagoCR: Just for your info, Central America is one of the latest they usually announce, try not to worry :)

9 hours ago, Wilbert ST34 said:

i have messaged DAAD about the results for PhD Research Grant in Germany 20/21 (Asia Pacific Countries) and here is the response.

We'll probably wait a bit longer then.

Patience, patience and patience to everyone.

be focusing on other things instead to divert my attention

lets just hope for the best!

Wilbert

Response.png

Ugh bit of a nightmare! Not anyone’s fault but just an absolute pain... don’t even know what to do with myself to be honest. Oh well 

44 minutes ago, alexh0503 said:

Got positive feedback regarding funding for a master's program in architecture :) Applying from North America/USA. Good luck to those of you who haven't heard yet! 

That’s great! Congratulations! Which / what type of scholarship was it? Such as EPOS etc? And have they told you about the language lessons? 

3 minutes ago, Daniagudelog said:

Hi All, 

I received positive communication from DAAD about the EPOS scholarship. I am applying from Colombia. The application status in the portal has changed to blank though. I have not received yet the official letter. 

Hope you all get news soon. 

Congrats!!

On 2/23/2020 at 2:32 PM, Malavika. said:

Hi, please count me in! I've applied from India and will be attending the language course in August.

On 2/23/2020 at 12:59 PM, Greta Gonzaga said:

Hi, would like to connect. Will be attending language class in Dusseldorf this August.

Hi!

Sorry for the late reply. I have created a WhatsApp group https://chat.whatsapp.com/L24qMFXHGO29BAbCtl9BsG. Please join. 

On 3/2/2020 at 8:12 AM, Esteban Arias said:

Relax, news will come sooner or later.

Decision has already been taken, there's nothing we can do but patiently waiting. 

You will got an email once they update the portal, no need to check it. 

@DagoCR: Just for your info, Central America is one of the latest they usually announce, try not to worry :)

Thanks man! So I will get some more patience for this ??

27 minutes ago, Daniagudelog said:

Is there anyone aware if the language course can be extended? are all the EPOS language courses 2 months long?

I don’t think it can be although not positive as to EPOS. What usually happens with the more general scholarships is that the DAAD office you applied to will recommend a particular language course length, but I’m not sure as to EPOS specifically. I would email your DAAD contact office or the University who submitted you for EPOS, but there would probably have to be specific reasons as to why because of the way the budget is allocated. 

edit : after looking at this https://www2.daad.de/downloads/foerderprogramm/file.php?id=5295 - every German course is pretty much 2 months unless otherwise specified. 

Edited by SashaGenau

23 hours ago, Daniagudelog said:

Is there anyone aware if the language course can be extended? are all the EPOS language courses 2 months long?

Hello,

I applied for EPOS and the language course in Germany starts in August, but we can (for free) start with a 3 month online course before that, as stated in Ihr DAAD Stipendium.

29 minutes ago, DagoCR said:

Hello,

I have received confirmation from DAAD. I've got the scholarship for the Bauhaus University Weimar in NHRE program. I'm from Costa Rica. ???

DagoCr 

Congratulations. We will be attending together. Where is your preparatory language course scheduled?