GEM Fellowship 2020

IronSeoul

So I am I under the impression that if you get an offer from a GEM employer and get accepted into a GEM university, then you will get be a GEM Full Fellow... Does this seem correct or can a GEM university decide to not sponsor you, but you still get the internship?

Received a notification that Intel responded to my application, but then I saw that I was "Released". Let the sad violins play :(

1 hour ago, ellokiwi said:

So I am I under the impression that if you get an offer from a GEM employer and get accepted into a GEM university, then you will get be a GEM Full Fellow... Does this seem correct or can a GEM university decide to not sponsor you, but you still get the internship?

Pretty sure the GEM member university has to sponsor you as well in order to be considered a full fellow and get the internship with the company that is sponsoring you.

3 hours ago, OscarGon1234 said:

Received a notification that Intel responded to my application, but then I saw that I was "Released". Let the sad violins play :(

Pretty sure the GEM member university has to sponsor you as well in order to be considered a full fellow and get the internship with the company that is sponsoring you.

Same thing happened to me this afternoon. Received the notification and then... "Released" 

1 hour ago, mkcs said:

Same thing happened to me this afternoon. Received the notification and then... "Released" 

Hopefully other companies will come to our rescue. Intel was my first choice so maybe now we are up for grabs? I think I am being too hopeful though

Edited by OscarGon1234
I am bad at typing

2 hours ago, mkcs said:

Me too! Weird that it happened to all of us today. DIdn't get to see who it was "Held" with, though. I heard the new system's been causing some confusion for GEM employers so don't lose hope, possibly a glitch! 

2 minutes ago, mseapplicant said:

Me too! Weird that it happened to all of us today. DIdn't get to see who it was "Held" with, though. I heard the new system's been causing some confusion for GEM employers so don't lose hope, possibly a glitch! 

Actually now I see: I was "Released"  by the company that reached out to me this week interview (which will occur this week/hasn't happened yet). I'll assume it's just the system being weird as they figure things out. 

5 minutes ago, stafo said:

My status was changed to released today as well. For it to have happened to all of us maybe there is some glitch somewhere.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens in the next few days. Seeing as how we are approaching the holiday season, if we do not hear back soon then we may have to wait until January to hear back. 

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone gotten an email response back from GEM? I've sent my scores to them through ETS since their new website update doesn't let you update scores, and I've sent an email to ask how to do it and to confirm that they've been received, but nothing yet. I've sent three emails to three different people and I keep getting ignored. My status just went from held to released and I'm afraid that an incomplete application could push potential employer sponsors away. 

3 hours ago, fettuccine_avocado said:

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone gotten an email response back from GEM? I've sent my scores to them through ETS since their new website update doesn't let you update scores, and I've sent an email to ask how to do it and to confirm that they've been received, but nothing yet. I've sent three emails to three different people and I keep getting ignored. My status just went from held to released and I'm afraid that an incomplete application could push potential employer sponsors away. 

I remember emailing them on two occasions and I also got ignored; however, some people here have received responses. Here is their phone number: +1 (703) 562-3646

The lady who answered was very helpful when I was having issues with the portal, hopefully they can help you out!

On 12/21/2019 at 9:46 AM, OscarGon1234 said:

Has the status for anyone who's been released changed? I feel like if it was a mistake/glitch it would have been fixed by now.

Nope, still the same for me :( But I have been checking everyday and think since it's the holidays, not many changes will happen anytime soon, so I told myself I'm not checking anymore till after New Years lol. 

On 12/21/2019 at 4:55 PM, OscarGon1234 said:

I remember emailing them on two occasions and I also got ignored; however, some people here have received responses. Here is their phone number: +1 (703) 562-3646

The lady who answered was very helpful when I was having issues with the portal, hopefully they can help you out!

Thanks, I'll be sure to give them a call.

I also saw that a company responded to my profile but then I got released- hoping its just a glitch like everyone says

On 12/10/2019 at 11:09 PM, emmajean_b said:

My status has remained unmatched. I am pretty sure that I will not be matched since my field (Geology) only had 1 potential employer, and even the chance of being matched with them is very, very slim. Oh well, hoping to get the associate fellowship. Wishing everyone else the best of luck :)

Update: I've been matched. Yes I know I still have to wait for a company to consider even interviewing me, but I was concerned I wouldn't even be able to get my foot in the door

Edited by emmajean_b

44 minutes ago, emmajean_b said:

Update: I've been matched. Yes I know I still have to wait for a company to consider even interviewing me, but I was concerned I wouldn't even be able to get my foot in the door

Glad to hear you got matched! Hope all goes well :)

A few days ago my Employer status said "Matched". Now it says "Released" , but I have a notification at the top that says "Congratulations, Intel Corporation has responded to your application" . This is so confusing. I have another notification that says I have 1 unread message....But how do I check the messages? I clicked on on all the tabs below , including the communications tab, and there is nothing there. Anyone else have similar situation?

On 12/29/2019 at 2:40 PM, KCoffee said:

A few days ago my Employer status said "Matched". Now it says "Released" , but I have a notification at the top that says "Congratulations, Intel Corporation has responded to your application" . This is so confusing. I have another notification that says I have 1 unread message....But how do I check the messages? I clicked on on all the tabs below , including the communications tab, and there is nothing there. Anyone else have similar situation?

I got the same notification both when I was held and released (strange that you went straight from matched to released...). I didn't know you could receive messages, though. Could it perhaps be a message from the chat tab on the top left of the portal window?