Johns Hopkins SAIS 2020

CellucciK

4 hours ago, ax062320 said:

That's so precise! I just login the website. It seems they hided all the materials received and only left reference number and contact info? Is it just me or same for the rest of you? Thanks!

Mine still shows the same with that in the beginning: the address, application # and the check list showing what I submitted and each item has the green stick next to it. Of course I can not review the documentations I submitted tho. 

Edited by KIMAMS

7 minutes ago, Anthony Lee said:

I got a Regular Decision Applicant Survey from them and they said in that same email that results will be out by Friday 6 March. I applied for the certificate + MA

regular decision applicant survey? when did you get it if I may ask?

13 minutes ago, KIMAMS said:

Mine still shows the same with that in the beginning: the address, application # and the check list showing what I submitted and each item has the green stick next to it. Of course I can not review the documentations I submitted tho. 

I applied to SAIS MA in DC. Maybe that's why? I didn't do the interview..

Just now, ax062320 said:

Didn't get anything. May I ask what is it about? Like how do you like our application process? Maybe I should just take a break from this mind game ?

Asked us to fill a survey about how the application process was like. Suggested that we consider some summer language programs and linked us to interviews with program alumni. But nothing about whether I got in or not - they do use "if admitted" a lot in that email hahaha

9 hours ago, ax062320 said:

That's so precise! I just login the website. It seems they hided all the materials received and only left reference number and contact info? Is it just me or same for the rest of you? Thanks!

Just checked and mine looks like this too. Here's hoping it's something like the "transcript drop" legend at LSE! I searched briefly to see if anyone mentioned this in previous years, but didn't see anything.

10 hours ago, Anthony Lee said:

Why did you apply for the MA over the certificate + MA or the other programs like MAIA or MAIS

I applied to both Certificate + MA and just the MA. If both of my applications are successful, I'll probably just choose to do the MA exclusively in DC. My interest in China is more academic/political, so I probably won't want to be working there in the future, and networking in DC is more valuable to me than networking in China as a result.

10 hours ago, Ceebz said:

Just checked and mine looks like this too. Here's hoping it's something like the "transcript drop" legend at LSE! I searched briefly to see if anyone mentioned this in previous years, but didn't see anything.

hahah. I really don't know what does it indicate now... What did you apply for LSE?

10 hours ago, Ceebz said:

I'm in the same boat, all my documents are no longer listed..

5 hours ago, ax062320 said:

hahah. I really don't know what does it indicate now... What did you apply for LSE?

The MPA (International Development specialization). Going into my 5th week of waiting, so I'm checking their portal constantly! For SAIS, I have to assume it's just standard procedure given that acceptances come out next week. My best guess would be that the documents disappear when our files are closed on their end (a decision either way has been made, not necessarily positive or negative), which is why you can no longer see the documents.

1 hour ago, Ceebz said:

The MPA (International Development specialization). Going into my 5th week of waiting, so I'm checking their portal constantly! For SAIS, I have to assume it's just standard procedure given that acceptances come out next week. My best guess would be that the documents disappear when our files are closed on their end (a decision either way has been made, not necessarily positive or negative), which is why you can no longer see the documents.

True. The only logical conclusion would be they don't offer wait list..so they don't need any additional documents. It's live or death..

1 hour ago, ax062320 said:

True. The only logical conclusion would be they don't offer wait list..so they don't need any additional documents. It's live or death..

I think they have a wait list. My guess is pure 100% speculation. It could be they ask people on the wait list to email them documents directly, etc. This all could and probably does mean nothing and we're all spinning in circles speculating haha

On 2/26/2020 at 2:29 AM, ax062320 said:

I applied to both 2 years MA and 1 year MIEF.

I checked the portal now and once I filter for the 2 years MA, it totally seems same with yours but, if I look at MIEF section I see all of the list of materials.

I applied for early notification but my application was deferred to the March and, I got an e-mail which states “we are not able to offer an admission for Summer 2020 at this moment So, we defer your application blablabla”. (On Dec 20)

Mief Starting Date: Summer 2020

MA Starting Date: Fall 2020

They might have a final decision for the MA (accepted or rejected) and, undecided for the MIEF. Just my theory lol..

Edited by alik1514

28 minutes ago, alik1514 said:

I applied to both 2 years MA and 1 year MIEF.

I checked the portal now and once I filter for the 2 years MA, it totally seems same with yours but, if I look at MIEF section I see all of the list of materials.

I applied for early notification but my application was deferred to the March and, I got an e-mail which states “we are not able to offer an admission for Summer 2020 at this moment So, we defer your application blablabla”. (On Dec 20)

Mief Starting Date: Summer 2020

MA Starting Date: Fall 2020

They might have a final decision for the MA (accepted or rejected) and, undecided for the MIEF. Just my theory lol..

Lol yes i think this is more likely. I made a single application but had 1 new section created - exactly the same as the one i submitted. Since I applied for the certificate + MA, and since it is explicitly stated on the website that both are evaluated separately despite being 1 program, I reckon they close it once one side has finished their evaluation. 1 of my 2 sections was closed first, the other was just closed - 2 days later. So it is likely that both the MA and the Certificate side have come to some decision - hopefully it would be a positive on both sides :P

25 minutes ago, Anthony Lee said:

Lol yes i think this is more likely. I made a single application but had 1 new section created - exactly the same as the one i submitted. Since I applied for the certificate + MA, and since it is explicitly stated on the website that both are evaluated separately despite being 1 program, I reckon they close it once one side has finished their evaluation. 1 of my 2 sections was closed first, the other was just closed - 2 days later. So it is likely that both the MA and the Certificate side have come to some decision - hopefully it would be a positive on both sides :P

Hopefully we get the decisions next week, before going to loose our minds or establishing more theories  ?

Did anyone who applied to Priscilla Mason Fund receive a confirmation for your submitted materials? I emailed them in before the deadline but didn't receive any type of response from the SAIS Admissions Office. I even submitted a follow-up email a few days later and heard nothing.