Johns Hopkins SAIS 2020

CellucciK

In! To the MAIA. 

No email yet I just started refreshing when I say that was a thing. In my interview they did say they try to release funding in different emails the same day as acceptances, so stay tuned. 

Incredibly happy. This is up there for my choices for sure. 

2 minutes ago, jdkrieje said:

Did you receive anything about funding?? :(

"If you have applied for financial aid, you will receive communication from the Office of Financial Aid today regarding a possible financial aid award. If you submitted the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 15, your award letter will include federal aid. If your FAFSA has not yet been submitted, award information will follow within two weeks of receipt of the FAFSA. Please add saisfinaidinfo@jhu.edu as an approved sender in order to prevent your Financial Aid award letter from entering your spam or junk folder."

3 minutes ago, Anthony Lee said:

"If you have applied for financial aid, you will receive communication from the Office of Financial Aid today regarding a possible financial aid award. If you submitted the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 15, your award letter will include federal aid. If your FAFSA has not yet been submitted, award information will follow within two weeks of receipt of the FAFSA. Please add saisfinaidinfo@jhu.edu as an approved sender in order to prevent your Financial Aid award letter from entering your spam or junk folder."

was this on your acceptance letter??

I just checked the portal as well— got into HNC Certificate + MA, but no update yet for the separate application just for the DC MA.

I did not receive an email, only the portal was updated. Also said financial aid info will be sent later if any is given. Edit: oh I see you already posted that section of the letter Anthony, haha.

Best of luck to those still refreshing!

Edited by AONomad

2 minutes ago, AONomad said:

I just checked the portal as well— got into HNC Certificate + MA, but no update yet for the separate application just for the DC MA.

I did not receive an email, only the portal was updated. Also said financial aid info will be sent later if any is given. Edit: oh I see you already posted that section of the letter Anthony, haha.

Best of luck to those still refreshing!

are u a dc applicant??

Congrats to those accepted so far!

I'm a bit confused.... I applied to the MA with 1 year in SAIS Europe and 1 year in DC. I was accepted but my letter didn't reference aid at all. Did we have to fill out those FAFSA forms by February 15th to be considered for scholarships at all?? I totally didn't know that so I hope not.......

Just now, Catam said:

Did anyone apply to MA and has not received an update in their portal? My portal doesn't show anything. 

It seems like the SAIS DC decisions haven't been updated in the portal but I'm not positive. Mine isn't there yet.

Just now, sare123 said:

Congrats to those accepted so far!

I'm a bit confused.... I applied to the MA with 1 year in SAIS Europe and 1 year in DC. I was accepted but my letter didn't reference aid at all. Did we have to fill out those FAFSA forms by February 15th to be considered for scholarships at all?? I totally didn't know that so I hope not.......

If you want federal aid, you need to fill out a FAFSA. Most schools use that information to determine need-based aid as well. Fill it out now and send SAIS an email that you did it.

1 minute ago, thediesel said:

If you want federal aid, you need to fill out a FAFSA. Most schools use that information to determine need-based aid as well. Fill it out now and send SAIS an email that you did it.

Okay thank you!!! I will get right on that. But does this mean I haven't been considered for any merit-based awards or scholarships at all? Or is that just for needs-based aid only?

Just now, sare123 said:

Okay thank you!!! I will get right on that. But does this mean I haven't been considered for any merit-based awards or scholarships at all? Or is that just for needs-based aid only?

They should be able to consider you for merit-based aid based on the other parts of your application. I had not submitted my FAFSA in December and received a Dean's Scholarship in an award letter on December 20 when early students were admitted.

Just now, sare123 said:

I actually submitted mine by feb 15 but my letter didnt reference anythinf about aid as well.. kinda confused

3 minutes ago, jdkrieje said:

I actually submitted mine by feb 15 but my letter didnt reference anythinf about aid as well.. kinda confused

The aid letter is a different letter. It will come from saisfinaidinfo@jhu.edu and does not appear in the portal.

Just now, thediesel said:

The aid letter is a different letter. It will come from saisfinaidinfo@jhu.edu and does not appear in the portal.

oh I see! i was just concerned cause others on this page said that the acceptance letter actually said something about financial aid.. but I guess it might be due to different campus and programs .

20 minutes ago, thediesel said:

They should be able to consider you for merit-based aid based on the other parts of your application. I had not submitted my FAFSA in December and received a Dean's Scholarship in an award letter on December 20 when early students were admitted.

Good to know, thanks! I wish I knew I had to fill out the FAFSA form, I honestly had no idea... I wish it was better advertised. Hope this won't substantially delay my financial award information or make me less likely to receive any because of my lateness.

7 minutes ago, sare123 said:

Good to know, thanks! I wish I knew I had to fill out the FAFSA form, I honestly had no idea... I wish it was better advertised. Hope this won't substantially delay my financial award information or make me less likely to receive any because of my lateness.

The federal code for SAIS is 474. Good luck filling out the FAFSA.