Jump to content

2021 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results


neuroticneuro6

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Elephantonly said:

When did they say that? I didn’t get that email

When they gave out the email with interview preference, they said they are working on a schedule and plan to send by end of next week (which was like the 25th of January)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone else who's interviewing at Weill Cornell have no idea how to access the interviewee portal? Maybe it's because I've never used Canvas before but I have no idea how to log in or look at anything. It's super weird that they didn't send us any instructions or even mention the Canvas account. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2021 at 3:53 PM, GoldenNeuro said:

I just got an email invite about 5 minutes ago. So maybe they are still sending them out?

 

On 1/28/2021 at 3:09 PM, neurocookiemonster said:

Does anyone know if BU GPN invites are done then? Typically all sent a few days ago (per posts on previous page)?

I hope so! I'm still waiting to hear back 😬

Edited by neurochurro99
Needed to fix emojis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Smoothbrain said:

Does anyone else who's interviewing at Weill Cornell have no idea how to access the interviewee portal? Maybe it's because I've never used Canvas before but I have no idea how to log in or look at anything. It's super weird that they didn't send us any instructions or even mention the Canvas account. 

I received an email to confirm my registration on Canvas like 2 weeks ago. Did you not get the email?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Smoothbrain said:

Does anyone else who's interviewing at Weill Cornell have no idea how to access the interviewee portal? Maybe it's because I've never used Canvas before but I have no idea how to log in or look at anything. It's super weird that they didn't send us any instructions or even mention the Canvas account. 

There should have been some sort of Canvas email a few weeks back and once you register for that, clicking the link on that email will lead you to the Canvas portal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did anyone else from the first interview batch at Columbia get an email today? 
 

I got an email about them being impressed with my application and interviews, but will be waiting till after the 2nd round of interviews to make formals offers. They also asked whether I’m planning on accepting any other positions before then. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, neurochurro99 said:

Has anyone heard anything from Emory & Georgetown neuro and Georgia Tech's cognition and brain science prog?

 

I applied to Emory's psych program so they may be on a different schedule, but I have the formal interview there this Friday. I also applied to Georgia Tech's cognition & brain science program and haven't heard anything!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, neurocookiemonster said:

I am waiting to hear from Georgetown neuro as well, haven't seen posts for it anywhere yet 

This is not super helpful or specific, but I know that my friend applied to Georgetown for PiBS last year and they were the last school to get back to her for an interview (which she attended). Godspeed!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NeuroKween said:

Did anyone else from the first interview batch at Columbia get an email today? 
 

I got an email about them being impressed with my application and interviews, but will be waiting till after the 2nd round of interviews to make formals offers. They also asked whether I’m planning on accepting any other positions before then. 

I know certain tracts have gotten it! Who send the email? I know Ken and Wes have sent emails to some applicants

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NeuroKween said:

Did anyone else from the first interview batch at Columbia get an email today? 
 

I got an email about them being impressed with my application and interviews, but will be waiting till after the 2nd round of interviews to make formals offers. They also asked whether I’m planning on accepting any other positions before then. 

I got one yesterday saying the same thing except I wasn't asked if I was planning on accepting any other offers. I wonder how many people they accepted after the first round. I was told they extended "very few" offers and would be waiting until after their next interview weekend to make the majority of their offers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Smoothbrain said:

I got one yesterday saying the same thing except I wasn't asked if I was planning on accepting any other offers. I wonder how many people they accepted after the first round. I was told they extended "very few" offers and would be waiting until after their next interview weekend to make the majority of their offers.

Interesting! So did they actually make direct offers to first round interviewees or was it similar to this email? I thought it was kind of vague but seemed like a non committal “just so you know we think we want you in”.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NeuroKween said:

Interesting! So did they actually make direct offers to first round interviewees or was it similar to this email? I thought it was kind of vague but seemed like a non committal “just so you know we think we want you in”.

I think it's interesting that they're telling everyone different things. My email came from Wesley. Here's what mine said:

 We were able to extend very few offers of admission after our first open house and will make the vast majority of our offers after our second open house in two weeks. We remain very enthusiastic and we will be considering your application together with all others at that time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Smoothbrain said:

I think it's interesting that they're telling everyone different things. My email came from Wesley. Here's what mine said:

 We were able to extend very few offers of admission after our first open house and will make the vast majority of our offers after our second open house in two weeks. We remain very enthusiastic and we will be considering your application together with all others at that time.

I see! I think it sounds similar to mine, tbh. .

Edited by NeuroKween
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, neurocookiemonster said:

I am waiting to hear from Georgetown neuro as well, haven't seen posts for it anywhere yet 

I interviewed at Georgetown neuro last week. They said they had already done one interview weekend and had one more to go. Planning to extend less than 10 offers total

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.