2021 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neuroticneuro6

4 minutes ago, sadbrain said:

I think all invites are going to be sent out by mid February!

I was pretty sure they said they'd let us know within 2 weeks of the interviews which was today.  I might be remembering wrong but were you in the January weekend? 

3 minutes ago, Neuro-tic said:

I was pretty sure they said they'd let us know within 2 weeks of the interviews which was today.  I might be remembering wrong but were you in the January weekend? 

I wasn't, but I would assume that all offers would be extended by then for both interview sessions.

On 2/3/2021 at 12:26 PM, qwerty2200 said:

I applied to Emory's psych program so they may be on a different schedule, but I have the formal interview there this Friday. I also applied to Georgia Tech's cognition & brain science program and haven't heard anything!

Yeah I had a PI at Tech tell me that they don't do interviews the same way most places do, rather they make an admission decision and then have you meet with the faculty. 

1 hour ago, Neuro-tic said:

Yeah I contacted the program and they said next week, bc the last round of interviews is this week

4 hours ago, anxiousinneuro said:

For anyone who interviewed with the University of Minnesota, do we know when they plan to send out acceptances? 

Based on previous years, I think we'll hear from them next week *fingers crossed*!

18 hours ago, rainestorm said:

Based on previous years, I think we'll hear from them next week *fingers crossed*!

Hey I noticed you interviewed at Drexel. Which interview days were you? I was in the first group and I'm dying at this point for a decision. I'm wondering what they told you guys about when you would hear.

4 hours ago, actionpotential said:

Hey I noticed you interviewed at Drexel. Which interview days were you? I was in the first group and I'm dying at this point for a decision. I'm wondering what they told you guys about when you would hear.

Unfortunately I had to decline the Drexel interview because it overlapped with 2 other interviews but it was supposed to be Jan 28-29 :( So I have no info, sorry! i hope you hear from them very soon though!

29 minutes ago, rainestorm said:

Unfortunately I had to decline the Drexel interview because it overlapped with 2 other interviews but it was supposed to be Jan 28-29 :( So I have no info, sorry! i hope you hear from them very soon though!

Thanks for letting me know! Wish you the best for your other interviews! 

On 2/5/2021 at 5:00 AM, Neuro-tic said:

Has anyone from the first Weill Cornell Interview dates heard back about an offer? The anxiety 

I interviewed during the second dates and they told us on Friday that they'll be making offers in the next two weeks. 

On 2/3/2021 at 4:34 PM, NeuroKween said:

I see! I think it sounds similar to mine, tbh. .

On 2/3/2021 at 3:57 PM, Smoothbrain said:

I think it's interesting that they're telling everyone different things. My email came from Wesley. Here's what mine said:

We were able to extend very few offers of admission after our first open house and will make the vast majority of our offers after our second open house in two weeks. We remain very enthusiastic and we will be considering your application together with all others at that time.

I didn't get one of these emails so I'm still clinging on to hope that I'll get one?

On 2/5/2021 at 5:29 PM, neurochurro99 said:

Yeah I had a PI at Tech tell me that they don't do interviews the same way most places do, rather they make an admission decision and then have you meet with the faculty. 

I just checked my application status for Georgia Tech and had a decision letter from there! :)

3 minutes ago, qwerty2200 said:

I just checked my application status for Georgia Tech and had a decision letter from there! :)

Was it on the application portal?

I got a web invite to their program information session (so I assume that's a good sign) but when I log into the application portal I don't see any update.