2021 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neuroticneuro6

1 hour ago, CASCAS said:

Has anyone heard from Weill Cornell after the interview last week?

58 minutes ago, dedj said:

Has anyone heard from the Weill Cornell Neuroscience PhD interview on January 20th?

Crap... looks like someone has heard back already. Congrats to whoever it was!! 

https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=weill+neuro*&t=a&o=&pp=25

6 hours ago, BrainyLady said:

Crap... looks like someone has heard back already. Congrats to whoever it was!! 

https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=weill+neuro*&t=a&o=&pp=25

Idk this post seems like a troll in response to the BCMB results.... not to come for anyone, but I'd be mad surprised that only one person has received and acknowledged their admission update for neuroscience in the results section and then not frolicked into the forum to post an update as multiple people had been talking about WCGS in the preceding days, like @Neuro-tic or @Smoothbrain or @davidoff05 to name a few.

I don't think you feel dejected and perhaps wait on some people to post an update here on in the results before feeling crappy. Peace and Love. 

Edited by neurosoyt

6 hours ago, neurosoyt said:

Idk this post seems like a troll in response to the BCMB results.... not to come for anyone, but I'd be mad surprised that only one person has received and acknowledged their admission update for neuroscience in the results section and then not frolicked into the forum to post an update as multiple people had been talking about WCGS in the preceding days, like @Neuro-tic or @Smoothbrain or @davidoff05 to name a few.

I don't think you feel dejected and perhaps wait on some people to post an update here on in the results before feeling crappy. Peace and Love. 

I haven't heard anything back and felt like interviews went really well if that makes anyone feel better? I am also kinda confused why we haven't heard anything.  I also hope they would let everyone know at once and not just send the acceptances but I have no experience with this so maybe that is not how they would do it

6 hours ago, neurosoyt said:

Well this is a bit of a relief.  But also, what kind of monster would do that??

7 hours ago, neurosoyt said:

I went to the second interview weekend and the program said that they would send decisions out two weeks latest (ie: the week of 15th-19th).  Not sure if this applies to the first weekend, but hopefully this calms y'all down! It very likely could have been an unofficial acceptance from a PI as well

On 1/30/2021 at 1:54 AM, CoOCoOCoO said:

I think I would recommend really spend time practicing how you introduce your research, from bigger picture to aims to results and significance, and make sure to prepare two versions of diff length so that you can be more flexible (I prepared a shorter elevator pitch like version and a longer detail explanation).

And don't be nervous!!! For my interviews, mostly I spent 20-25 mins talking about my research projects, so you actually don't have that much time discussing their research. make sure you understand what they do in general, and just treated as a normal casual conversation (i.e. maybe prepare some questions that you're genuinely curious about)!! 

I'm also an international student so no worries!! Getting an interview offer means you're great candidate so no need to be nervous~

Hey! Have you already decided on where you'll attend?

Lol I should have clarified. I'm a domestic applicant doing a master's abroad but did my undergrad in the U.S. 

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks for this advice. It certainly helped a lot and depending on the interviewer I talked about my research for the majority of the time, half of it, or not much at all. Heard back within a week from UMich PIBS and got an offer but have to wait until the beginning of March to hear from Princeton. Honestly not sure what other criteria - other than the interview - the committee will use to decide on who they extend offers to. Whatever it is, hopefully the cards fall in my favor. 

Changing topics but.... do you like Cocoa Puffs? Your handle totally reminds me of them haha

2 hours ago, space8 said:

Does anyone know when decisions from UCI Neuro are announced post-interview? Thanks.

I'm waiting also! They said in my interview weekend that decisions would come out in the middle of February so any day now I hope...

37 minutes ago, neurosoyt said:

What's happening with USC? Things are pretty quiet on that front...

USC Neuro told us in the second interview week (February 1st-5th) that decisions wouldn't come out until the middle of March

On 2/8/2021 at 9:16 AM, sadbrain said:

has anyone heard from cornell nbb?

I got accepted 2/11 after interviewing in late January.

Also can anyone confirm Princeton is done sending out interviews? I haven't heard anything from them but I think I saw that they are interviewing 02/16-02/19, and presumably that would be their only round.

2 minutes ago, BrainyLady said:

So does anyone have the scoop on Weill Cornell? There are a couple of acceptances posted now on the results page: https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=weill+neuro*&t=a&o=&pp=25

I’m feeling super bad about it. I thought my interviews went really well and they even said my application and rec letters really stood out. Feeling pretty devastated since they are my dream program 

1 minute ago, AnxiousNeuroKitty said:

I’m feeling super bad about it. I thought my interviews went really well and they even said my application and rec letters really stood out. Feeling pretty devastated since they are my dream program 

They're also my dream program ... guess some dreams don't come true ? ?

But at the same time, I'm happy for the folks who did get in! Please appreciate & enjoy it ❤️

11 hours ago, snowbaby said:

Is anyone else lowkey or highkey freaking out about the fact that there are only 2-3 international students in most programs? That sounds like 20-30% of the international student interviewees... I def am feeling super stressed about this

Yep, except for CSHL that doesn’t differentiate between home and international students!