2021 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neuroticneuro6

6 hours ago, dopamine_machine said:

Hey, I saw that there were 2 new acceptances for Columbia Neurobiology & Behavior.  Were both of you cellular/molecular?

I was and received a really nice email from Wes last night! Totally wasn’t expecting to hear back over the weekend haha. This is my top choice, I’m so excited!!!

The email said the co-directors have met so I assume the rest of the offers will roll out soon depending on the track.

3 hours ago, illfigureitoutlater said:

I was and received a really nice email from Wes last night! Totally wasn’t expecting to hear back over the weekend haha. This is my top choice, I’m so excited!!!

The email said the co-directors have met so I assume the rest of the offers will roll out soon depending on the track.

Congrats!!!! So excited for you :) I applied under the Animal Models of Nervous System Disorders tract so I'm hoping that those decisions haven't all gone out yet since Columbia is my top choice as well.

32 minutes ago, Z-form DNA said:

Anyone know when Mount Sinai is sending decisions out?

No concrete idea but more than likely this week. They finished meeting last week per my PI but it's up in the air. Lol I've been refreshing my email constantly and keeping my ringer on ALL the time to just ensure I don't miss anything.

I hope everything is going great for everyone. I currently work at Weill Cornell and this application season was good for me. I am just putting out here what my current PI told me this past week. 

Weill Cornell has collaborated with Houston Methodist and this year they are starting a joint PhD program. Essentially you will be working under a PI at Houston Methodist but will receive graduate degree from Weill Cornell. Application deadline for Fall 2021 is March 15th if I am not wrong. Here is the link with detail info: https://www.houstonmethodist.org/weill-cornell-phd-program/ 

Hope this helps. Cheers!! 

4 hours ago, miacara13 said:

No concrete idea but more than likely this week. They finished meeting last week per my PI but it's up in the air. Lol I've been refreshing my email constantly and keeping my ringer on ALL the time to just ensure I don't miss anything.

Can't find out via phone because the admissions office doesn't pick up. Hopefully we find out this week!

4 minutes ago, Z-form DNA said:

Can't find out via phone because the admissions office doesn't pick up. Hopefully we find out this week!

One of the people I met on the other chat said he got a call from his poi for th offer and official will be soon. I think its in the hand of the admission dean now. I am feeling beyond nervous as I got nothing

Just now, Sky_china said:

One of the people I met on the other chat said he got a call from his poi for th offer and official will be soon. I think its in the hand of the admission dean now. I am feeling beyond nervous as I got nothing

by chance do you know if it was neuro or biomedical sciences track?

3 minutes ago, Sky_china said:

do you know what track?

Just now, Sky_china said:

Its GDS. But I think they usually release result at the same time

Ahhh okay. I wouldn't worry too much as no one has yet to update the results page just yet, and sinai admits a good amount of students each year. I would expect at least some activity on that page if decisions were sent out already.

On 2/28/2021 at 7:44 AM, dopamine_machine said:

Congrats!!!! So excited for you :) I applied under the Animal Models of Nervous System Disorders tract so I'm hoping that those decisions haven't all gone out yet since Columbia is my top choice as well.

I also applied to the models of disorder tract and also still waiting to hear back. Hope for the best but also definitely stressed. 

22 minutes ago, snowbaby said:

Just got an offer from Sinai!

Ahhh Congrats!!! May I ask how you were notified?  If via email, was it personalized? Thank you and good luck with your decision!!

1 minute ago, Neuro-tic said:

Ahhh Congrats!!! May I ask how you were notified?  If via email, was it personalized? Thank you and good luck with your decision!!

Through email! Doesn't seem personalized, but as someone posted above it sounds like one person is making the final decision and sending out offers, so maybe it'll take a while. And thank you and good luck to you too!!