2021 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neuroticneuro6

Any other news from UCI INP? I heard of the one person who got a call and acceptance, but otherwise the results page is empty. I had my interview over a month ago, and I want to decide where I'm going!

1 minute ago, space8 said:

Any other news from UCI INP? I heard of the one person who got a call and acceptance, but otherwise the results page is empty. I had my interview over a month ago, and I want to decide where I'm going!

Are you talking about University of Illinois at Chicago?

1 hour ago, space8 said:

I emailed them on Monday and I was told they are in the first phase of reviewing and admitting and I will be hearing in the near future. 

So you aren't alone, I'm waiting also! 

1 hour ago, GoldenNeuro said:

Are you talking about University of Illinois at Chicago?

No, University of California, Irvine! 

10 minutes ago, beardedlabrat said:

I emailed them on Monday and I was told they are in the first phase of reviewing and admitting and I will be hearing in the near future. 

Thanks! I hope it is soon. Good luck!

3 hours ago, space8 said:

2 hours ago, beardedlabrat said:

I am waiting too. Emailed on Monday as well and got the same response. Fingers crossed!

5 hours ago, space8 said:

Hello! 

I got a phone call on the 16th and I was told I was accepted into the program. About two days later an official letter was posted on my application portal. I assume the first round of offers have gone out and there is a waitlist. Good Luck!

2 hours ago, AOMO9248 said:

Quick question: how long  after the interview should I expect to get the results?

It definitely depends on the program, but a lot of them send results a week or two after the interview weekend ended.  Some wait until after all of the weekends have ended though before making decisions.

On 2/23/2021 at 9:57 AM, astrocytic said:

still waiting here, too! fingers crossed for us

On 2/23/2021 at 7:49 AM, NeuroPhDInd said:

Anyone heard from Boston uni anatomy and neurobiology? Noone seems to have any info. *stressed*

Pretty sure interviews have already happened unfortunately :(

Edited by ManifoldsAreMadeUp

22 minutes ago, Prefrontalvortex said:

Congrats!! If you don’t mind me asking, were you first or second interview weekend? And did a faculty member contact you? 

Thank you!! I interviewed on the second weekend & was contacted by Michael Silver. Best of luck! :)