2021 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neuroticneuro6

22 hours ago, 4sdch said:

I was told it usually takes 1 week but I guess not? None of my friends who interviewed there have heard from them either =/

It looks like they are doing it today...and I haven't received their call...

Edited by Mike_AB

28 minutes ago, Mike_AB said:

And that fact is killing me...

Did you see the post on the slack channel though? Apparently they will be sending out offers throughout the week? 

14 minutes ago, 4sdch said:

Did you see the post on the slack channel though? Apparently they will be sending out offers throughout the week? 

Yes!!! 40 minutes ago it was not there. I have been checking Slack all day. So, still some hope...

24 minutes ago, 4sdch said:

4sdch,you have received offers from all these top universities. Where do you want to go?

Just asking, don't get me wrong (If I had an offer from Harvard,I would not think much about my decision). LOL

Edited by Mike_AB

3 hours ago, Mike_AB said:

4sdch,you have received offers from all these top universities. Where do you want to go?

Just asking, don't get me wrong (If I had an offer from Harvard,I would not think much about my decision). LOL

I haven't decided yet! Still debating between a few schools...

For all those waiting on Columbia, I heard that they’re very slowly rolling out decisions since the past few weeks and have sent only approx 1/3 of the acceptances so far. Not sure what their strategy is, but I think that makes sense given how spread out the acceptances are on the results page. 

so hang in there! 

28 minutes ago, NeuroKween said:

For all those waiting on Columbia, I heard that they’re very slowly rolling out decisions since the past few weeks and have sent only approx 1/3 of the acceptances so far. Not sure what their strategy is, but I think that makes sense given how spread out the acceptances are on the results page. 

so hang in there! 

I feel like their strategy might be to softly waitlist people without telling them they are waitlisted... Just a guess

9 minutes ago, snowbaby said:

I feel like their strategy might be to softly waitlist people without telling them they are waitlisted... Just a guess

perhaps! Although I’ve seen both a waitlist and a rejection being posted already. Have you heard back yet?

1 hour ago, snowbaby said:

Nope, not at all. I emailed Darcy yesterday but haven't got any replies yet

Got an email from her saying I'm waitlisted (and the only person on the systems waitlist). Ah well!

If anyone is planning to say no to Columbia, please do so sooner rather that later! 

Edited by NeuroQween

Officially accepted to UCSD! This year has been very tough. Applied to almost 18 schools and ALL but 3 were rejections. However, where there is a will... there is a way.

I am an international student so this process was that much more of a whirlwind. I am glad that I can finally breathe and this forum has been very helpful. Good luck to us all and if anyone will be committing to UCSD as well, message me!

7 hours ago, astrocytic said:

for anyone choosing between programs: how did you make your decision?
everyone says your advisor is key but I don't know who my advisor would be for either program, or what exactly I'd be working on.

Potential advisors is key. Of course you can't know who you'll end up with, but which program has the most faculty you want to work with? Which program gave you the best vibes? I'd recommend emailing faculty you're most interested in at each program you're considering and asking for a meeting/call, and talk to them about your deciding process. 

9 minutes ago, whotfisSarahTonin said:

did it look personalized? my anxiety just skyrocketed haha

It did not seem personalized. They don't seem to be sending them out all at once though! A friend of mine received an acceptance yesterday in the evening and I received mine this morning. Ah good luck!!!