2021 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neuroticneuro6

Does anyone who applied for Scripps in FL get an update on their application portal saying Decided but still couldn't see what the decision is? Really anxious rn....

Edited by neuro_gene

22 minutes ago, NeuroKween said:

Honestly can someone ask a co-director at Columbia what’s going on? I already emailed a week ago, so I can’t really do that again, lol. 

One of the grad students in a lab I interviewed in told me that it's not uncommon for them to send out decisions in late March and told me to wait until then before emailing for an update so I guess we just have to keep being patient. From what I've heard, they're still making decisions.

On 3/2/2021 at 8:47 AM, lnrnlds said:

Hi, I got an email last week asking for some clarification about which PI I was interested in because I interviewed with behavioral neuroscience in the PBS program and they only have a four PIs. They said that they haven't made a decision yet and hope to be able to let us know soon. I assume it's the same for all of PBS. Hope that helps, wish I had more information.

Hi have you received any update? I just saw an accepted in the result from yesterday, but I haven't heard anything, so probably waitlisted I assume?

6 minutes ago, Xuanyu Fang said:

Hi have you received any update? I just saw an accepted in the result from yesterday, but I haven't heard anything, so probably waitlisted I assume?

I also haven't heard anything. Maybe the results are coming from individual PIs and won't be released at the same time. I'm not sure. We might be waitlisted. I think we can still be hopeful though!

1 minute ago, lnrnlds said:

I also haven't heard anything. Maybe the results are coming from individual PIs and won't be released at the same time. I'm not sure. We might be waitlisted. I think we can still be hopeful though!

Let's hope for the best!

12 hours ago, vivianli said:

me too...

I asked them and they said we should receive a letter with final decision soon. Hopefully what they meant by soon is not another week...

19 hours ago, NeuroKween said:

Honestly can someone ask a co-director at Columbia what’s going on? I already emailed a week ago, so I can’t really do that again, lol. 

18 hours ago, Neuronancer said:

One of the grad students in a lab I interviewed in told me that it's not uncommon for them to send out decisions in late March and told me to wait until then before emailing for an update so I guess we just have to keep being patient. From what I've heard, they're still making decisions.

We should go ahead and start a Columbia waiting anxiety support group. It's been like 6 weeks since I attended the first interview weekend and I've been on edge since then ?

1 hour ago, htr1997 said:

Hey! Has anybody heard from UMass Amherst, American University, or UVM? I also applied to a master’s program at UNCW for Neuro if anybody has heard back from there?? 

Heard back from UMass within days of their 2nd open house/interview weekend (accepted!)

6 hours ago, htr1997 said:

Hey! Has anybody heard from UMass Amherst, American University, or UVM? I also applied to a master’s program at UNCW for Neuro if anybody has heard back from there?? 

I have heard back from UVM neuroscience on Monday! I interviewed with them a few weeks ago!

Hi.. I'm kinda new to this forum so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right lol.. Anyways, I just received an email from University of Texas at Dallas that I got waitlisted.. Btw, I'm an international applicant..  I was just wondering if anyone of you here got an admission offer for PhD in Cognition and Neuroscience? I hope you don't mind but if yes, may I kindly know when are you making your decisions? Thank you very much!

On 3/5/2021 at 5:13 PM, Elephantonly said:

Does anyone know when we should expect UCSD decisions to come out?

I was told it usually takes 1 week but I guess not? None of my friends who interviewed there have heard from them either =/