2021 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neuroticneuro6

On 2/18/2021 at 4:35 PM, mxomatosus said:

I just received a phone call today with an offer to UC Irvine (INP). I was told official email offers will be sent over the next few days.

Did you get an official email offer? I haven't seen anyone else update that they heard from them after interviews yet and I'm wondering what's going on

30 minutes ago, NeuroKween said:

I think that if you haven’t received an interview from them at this point, its almost definitely a no. Although I have heard of a few rare cases where people have gotten interviews in like March or Apr

Every time I email them, they refuse to give me a clear answer, so I'm guessing we could be waitlisted or else why wouldn't they tell us we're rejected?

22 minutes ago, beardedlabrat said:

Did you get an official email offer? I haven't seen anyone else update that they heard from them after interviews yet and I'm wondering what's going on

On Feb. 19th I received an email stating that the "status of your application for the Fall 2021 Doctoral Degree Interdepartmental Neuroscience Gateway Program program at the University of California, Irvine has been updated," but that is the only correspondence I have had since the phone call. Wishing you the best!

2 minutes ago, neurochurro99 said:

I guess Columbia is really trying to make us all sweat on these admission decisions. I couldn't think of anything else all weekend. ?

I feel you! Does anyone know if there's a date we should expect the results to be released?

I got accepted to both UCSF and University of Washington! It feels like such an immense privilege to have two amazing schools to pick from. After getting rejected without interviews from every program last year (for MD/PhD, but still), I was feeling really down about myself and my chances of ever being accepted anywhere. I decided to cancel my last interview and now I'm just waiting to hear back from Columbia. 

2 minutes ago, Smoothbrain said:

I got accepted to both UCSF and University of Washington! It feels like such an immense privilege to have two amazing schools to pick from. After getting rejected without interviews from every program last year (for MD/PhD, but still), I was feeling really down about myself and my chances of ever being accepted anywhere. I decided to cancel my last interview and now I'm just waiting to hear back from Columbia. 

Congratulations! Your story is truly inspiring.
UCSF on Feb. 9th right?

Edited by lowestprime

Just now, Smoothbrain said:

I applied for BMS and I interviewed the second weekend. Not sure if neuroscience decisions are out yet. 

ohh, gotcha thanks. Yeah, they admitted a handful (~7 ppl) on the 9th (2 ppl reported on gradcafe). From what I've heard, I think the rest should come out any time between this evening and Wednesday at the latest.

1 minute ago, lowestprime said:

ohh, gotcha thanks. Yeah, they admitted a handful (~7 ppl) on the 9th (2 ppl reported on gradcafe). From what I've heard, I think the rest should come out any time between this evening and Wednesday at the latest.

Oh man, that's stressful. Good luck if you're waiting to hear back from them! After my Cornell rejection I was so scared that I was interviewing badly and would get rejected from UCSF too. 

5 minutes ago, Smoothbrain said:

Oh man, that's stressful. Good luck if you're waiting to hear back from them! After my Cornell rejection I was so scared that I was interviewing badly and would get rejected from UCSF too. 

Thanks haha.
UCSD + UCLA already rejected, so UCSF is my only shot ?. I thought UCSF interviews (week 1) went ok, but have been doubting that lately for several reasons ?. Won't have to wait too long anymore to find out at least lol.

11 minutes ago, NeuroQween said:

Strange, though. I just got this response from one of the co-directors when I asked. 

"The Co-Directors are meeting this week.  Hope to let you know shortly but I don't think we have a meeting day/time yet."

Could be someone trolling... I never understood the appeal of making other people nervous by posting fake results lol

38 minutes ago, lowestprime said:

Thanks haha.
UCSD + UCLA already rejected, so UCSF is my only shot ?. I thought UCSF interviews (week 1) went ok, but have been doubting that lately for several reasons ?. Won't have to wait too long anymore to find out at least lol.

UCSF is weird about who they admit, though. You never know! Fingers crossed! 

2 hours ago, NeuroQween said:

Strange, though. I just got this response from one of the co-directors when I asked. 

"The Co-Directors are meeting this week.  Hope to let you know shortly but I don't think we have a meeting day/time yet."

Or it could be that the notifications are track-dependent haha. Would you mind sharing which track you applied to/which co-director told you this? 

10 hours ago, GoldenNeuro said:

Have NYU neuroscience decisions been sent out? I saw that one person posted an acceptance on Feb 20. 

I posted my acceptance, and I know someone else who got an email too. She got it one day before me so they might be sending emails at different times?