2021 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neuroticneuro6

Just now, neurochurro99 said:

Was it on the application portal?

I got a web invite to their program information session (so I assume that's a good sign) but when I log into the application portal I don't see any update. 

I got that email too which led me to believe I was accepted. When I checked the application portal, it said "status update" with my acceptance letter attached! It looks like it was just updated, so I bet yours will be updated with an acceptance soon as well!

3 hours ago, actionpotential said:

Rejected from one of two programs I interviewed for. Feeling really down and not very confident about my chances for the other now. I feel like I just got dumped, its so sad.

I’m sorry, I imagine that feels horrible. However, there’s still one to go! Sending you all the best vibes!

11 hours ago, actionpotential said:

Rejected from one of two programs I interviewed for. Feeling really down and not very confident about my chances for the other now. I feel like I just got dumped, its so sad.

I know this feeling. I had one interview like that recently. I'm sorry, feels horrible, especially when you personally feel like it was such a great fit. Keep your head high and keep going! :)

1 hour ago, anxiousinneuro said:

Now that the interview weekends are over, any thoughts on when we might hear from Pitt (CNUP)?

I heard back about a week after the first interview weekend so I'm assuming that they decide fairly quickly.

Is anyone else dying from anxiety post Columbia NBB interview? 

I know they still haven't sent out most offers since the second interview weekend is this week, but I can't help but drive myself crazy replaying everything I could have done better (since it was my first round of interviews). 

It's my top choice and I know I'll be heart broken if I don't get in. 

16 minutes ago, neurochurro99 said:

Is anyone else dying from anxiety post Columbia NBB interview? 

I know they still haven't sent out most offers since the second interview weekend is this week, but I can't help but drive myself crazy replaying everything I could have done better (since it was my first round of interviews). 

It's my top choice and I know I'll be heart broken if I don't get in. 

I completely understand how you are feeling! Just know that we are going to find out our decisions very soon (probably by next Friday the 19th)!!!

Edited by dopamine_machine

14 minutes ago, Smoothbrain said:

Just got a call that I was accepted to University of Michigan PIBS! It was my favorite program so far so I'm super excited! 

Congratulations!! I just got a call and was accepted too! The program and the faculty members are amazing :D

5 hours ago, dopamine_machine said:

I completely understand how you are feeling! Just know that we are going to find out our decisions very soon (probably by next Friday the 19th)!!!

I have my interview for NBB this week, it looks like each weekend had ~30 people. Does anyone know how many offers they will send out? It’s my dream program/school so I’m really hoping I receive an offer!

13 hours ago, illfigureitoutlater said:

I have my interview for NBB this week, it looks like each weekend had ~30 people. Does anyone know how many offers they will send out? It’s my dream program/school so I’m really hoping I receive an offer!

They send out only 15 offers, so this is a toughie. Fingers crossed! 

2 hours ago, dopamine_machine said:

I think maybe 15/weekend if this is what you mean.  I'd assume they give a little over 30-35 offers (out of 60 interviews).

Ohh, maybe I’m only thinking about only the NBB program then? A current student there told me her cohort size is 15.

Edited by NeuroKween

25 minutes ago, NeuroKween said:

Ohh, maybe I’m only thinking about only the NBB program then? A current student there told me her cohort size is 15.

Yes, so the cohort size of NB&B is between 10-20 usually (it definitely varies), but since the matriculation rate probably between 30-50% (most top programs are like this), they likely have to make twice as many offer in order to get the cohort size they want.

30 minutes ago, dopamine_machine said:

Yes, so the cohort size of NB&B is between 10-20 usually (it definitely varies), but since the matriculation rate probably between 30-50% (most top programs are like this), they likely have to make twice as many offer in order to get the cohort size they want.

I see! That makes sense :) definitely makes me feel better about the odds! 

Edited by NeuroKween