Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

4 minutes ago, pomegranateleaves said:

I finished my first round interview with UC Santa Barbara today (yay!) and I just received my first interview day invite just a little while ago for OSU! I am so hyped and excited!

My sweet fruit friend you gave me a heart attack thinking OSU was Ohio not Oklahoma!!

I received an email from my POI to fill out a survey before I scheduled a preliminary interview and WHEW is this thought provoking. I started answering some but found I had to sleep on some of the questions. I have to keep reminding myself to be honest and TRUE. I don’t need to write down what I think they want to read. I need to write down exactly how I feel. 

It would be great to start making a calendar of known interview dates to anticipate potential scheduling conflicts! I'm particularly interested in clinical psych PhD programs. Here are the ones I know so far:

The Ohio State University 1/9

University of Georgia 2/8

UT Austin 1/29-1/30 & 2/12-2/13

Kent State University 2/20

Georgia State University 2/10 & 2/12

University of Nebraska-Lincoln 2/19-2/21

SDSU-UC San Diego 2/8 & 2/9

Edited by Neuropsych2021

8 minutes ago, cjl524 said:

I also applied child clinical and haven't heard back yet either. Also no update/change to my application status on the portal. 

It says Incomplete as well? That has just been updated for me yesterday, thus, no to-do’s show as listed. But nothing else otherwise.

Agreed! Here is what I have on my spreadsheet so far: 

University of Denver 2/19 & 2/22

Northern Illinois University 2/16 - 2/24

UNC Chapel Hill 2/19

University of Missouri St. Louis 1/25 & 1/29

UC Irvine 1/24 & 1/25

University of Utah 1/14 & 1/15

Washington State University & UN Reno both just say mid-February

Notre Dame says early February 

Hope that is helpful for some of you! Also - can't believe how early Utah's interview date is. Definitely ramped up my anxiety to see a mid-January date!

2 hours ago, cjl524 said:

Oh SAME. I even contacted them because I was panicking about the incomplete. 

Ok this is good ??? because I was panicking as well. Especially because they sent my transcripts to Graduate Admissions in general and not the psych department.

1 hour ago, justacigar said:

Agreed! Here is what I have on my spreadsheet so far: 

University of Denver 2/19 & 2/22

Northern Illinois University 2/16 - 2/24

UNC Chapel Hill 2/19

University of Missouri St. Louis 1/25 & 1/29

UC Irvine 1/24 & 1/25

University of Utah 1/14 & 1/15

Washington State University & UN Reno both just say mid-February

Notre Dame says early February 

Hope that is helpful for some of you! Also - can't believe how early Utah's interview date is. Definitely ramped up my anxiety to see a mid-January date!

How did you find this info? from websites or interview invites?

Also surprised about Utah’s being so early. They’ll likely send out interview invites soon, which is exciting, although the PI I applied to wasn’t sure if she was going to accept a student (although she encouraged me to apply anyway).

9 hours ago, Neuropsych2021 said:

It would be great to start making a calendar of known interview dates to anticipate potential scheduling conflicts! I'm particularly interested in clinical psych PhD programs. Here are the ones I know so far:

The Ohio State University 1/9

University of Georgia 2/8

UT Austin 1/29-1/30 & 2/12-2/13

Kent State University 2/20

Georgia State University 2/10 & 2/12

University of Nebraska-Lincoln 2/19-2/21

SDSU-UC San Diego 2/8 & 2/9

Hi, I'm also applying to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Ph.D Clinical Psychology program. Have you heard back from them yet, or did you find this information in the website? I'm very nervous as this is my top choice. 

Thanks!

Edited by chels_sire

Hi everyone! 

I noticed on the big list of interview offers that people were listing both University of Kentucky and University of Florida for their clinical psychology programs. Does anyone know if these schools tend to release all of their interview requests on one day or is it spread out by POI? Should I give up hope that I will get an interview offer from these schools since it seems like a lot of people have already gotten interviews for these programs? Thanks!

20 minutes ago, a_mills54 said:

Hi everyone! 

I noticed on the big list of interview offers that people were listing both University of Kentucky and University of Florida for their clinical psychology programs. Does anyone know if these schools tend to release all of their interview requests on one day or is it spread out by POI? Should I give up hope that I will get an interview offer from these schools since it seems like a lot of people have already gotten interviews for these programs? Thanks!

I looked through the invitations for UF from last year, and it seems like it's a mass email. I'm assuming personally that it means I'm out of the race for them. It also looks like last year they notified people of being on the waitlist for interviews or being rejected within a couple days of everyone getting their interview invitations.

6 minutes ago, pokemim said:

I looked through the invitations for UF from last year, and it seems like it's a mass email. I'm assuming personally that it means I'm out of the race for them. It also looks like last year they notified people of being on the waitlist for interviews or being rejected within a couple days of everyone getting their interview invitations.

Thank you for the information! Here's hoping for the waitlist. Best of luck to you!

7 hours ago, Kylar said:

Also surprised about Utah’s being so early. They’ll likely send out interview invites soon, which is exciting, although the PI I applied to wasn’t sure if she was going to accept a student (although she encouraged me to apply anyway).

Kylar, did you apply to work with Dr. Kerig? I got a similar message from her when I reached out. I saw in the results thread that at least one person already got an interview invite on the 14th for Utah, but hoping PK hasn't sent hers out yet as I haven't heard anything. 

5 minutes ago, silvicultrix said:

Kylar, did you apply to work with Dr. Kerig? I got a similar message from her when I reached out. I saw in the results thread that at least one person already got an interview invite on the 14th for Utah, but hoping PK hasn't sent hers out yet as I haven't heard anything. 

I also applied to work with PK. I got a similar message when I reached out to her in the fall.

11 minutes ago, silvicultrix said:

Just FYI I think that was a prelim, not a formal invite