PhD/DrPH Applicants: Fall 2021

1 hour ago, DarkPassenger said:

I believe so. They said final decisions will be released today and tomorrow, and to keep an eye out for an email for updates on your status in SOPHAS.

For the phd, not the DrPH? Thanks for the info!!

18 minutes ago, PhDAPP2021 said:

Is the follow-up phone call a necessary step for the acceptance? omg these details are driving me crazy!!

23 minutes ago, phdorbust21 said:

Me too. I don't think I've ever been this nervous...

I wonder if all acceptances come out together and rejections separately together... Maybe i'm just reading too much into it lol

6 minutes ago, DarkPassenger said:

I wonder if all acceptances come out together and rejections separately together... Maybe i'm just reading too much into it lol

Very likely... It would only take a short time to send the offers lol

6 minutes ago, MCH_Hopeful_2021 said:

For those waiting on JHU: if you get accepted, are you taking it? Is it top of the list? I think my own JHU fate will be handed down mid Feb (interview is Friday). 

Things ain't looking good right now, but it is definitely up there in my top choices! Highly likely I would accept it if I got in. Good luck on your interview! Which program/track?

15 minutes ago, DarkPassenger said:

Things ain't looking good right now, but it is definitely up there in my top choices! Highly likely I would accept it if I got in. Good luck on your interview! Which program/track?

You might surprise yourself! Could be a cool comeback story. Thought you were out and then BAM...you're on a one way to Baltimore, baby! ?

I'm interviewing for the population, family, and reproductive health program and am specifically interested in the maternal, fetal, and perinatal health track. I believe that this will be my last interview (I applied to five programs--and it looks like only 3 interview), so I'm looking forward to getting this phase behind me! This process is costly in more ways than one. 

2 minutes ago, MCH_Hopeful_2021 said:

You might surprise yourself! Could be a cool comeback story. Thought you were out and then BAM...you're on a one way to Baltimore, baby! ?

I'm interviewing for the population, family, and reproductive health program and am specifically interested in the maternal, fetal, and perinatal health track. I believe that this will be my last interview (I applied to five programs--and it looks like only 3 interview), so I'm looking forward to getting this phase behind me! This process is costly in more ways than one. 

Haha thank you for the optimism! I guess I will find out tomorrow!

Honestly, that seems like a great program! Just treat the interview like a conversation and be yourself, and you're golden. Is Hopkins your top choice? Wishing you best of luck. If you need further advice, PM me. I interviewed at Hopkins, Oxford, Cambridge and UToronto (so I have some experience under my belt now to be able to give, what I hope is, some decent advice i think).

Edited by DarkPassenger

Just now, DarkPassenger said:

Haha thank you for the optimism! I guess I will find out tomorrow!

Honestly, that seems like a great program! Just treat the interview like a conversation and be yourself, and you're golden. Is Hopkins your top choice? Wishing you best of luck. If you need further advice, PM me. I interviewed at Hopkins, Oxford, Cambridge and UToronto (so I have some experience under my belt now!).

Whew! Can't wait to hear!

Hopkins is actually not my first choice. I am in LOVE with the Community and Family Health program at USF. I got accepted a while back and I was all but packed and ready to go but...when JHU calls, you pick up the damn phone! So we'll see what happens! 

Just now, MCH_Hopeful_2021 said:

Whew! Can't wait to hear!

Hopkins is actually not my first choice. I am in LOVE with the Community and Family Health program at USF. I got accepted a while back and I was all but packed and ready to go but...when JHU calls, you pick up the damn phone! So we'll see what happens! 

Oh awesome! Yeah, you can't say no to an interview at JHU haha!

On 1/27/2021 at 7:58 PM, jonpalisoc said:

Guess I'll add my info since I am starting to get nervous with all of you peeps. I applied to PhDs in Health Policy at:

Stanford
Berkeley - rejected 1/26
Johns Hopkins - interviewed mid-jan
Harvard
Michigan - interviewed mid-jan, full offer 1/19 (woo!)

UCLA - full offer 2/3
Yale
UNC
Penn
USC
Brown

All of the programs I applied Econ track, save USC (Phd PubPol) and Brown (HSR), and I did say in my Harvard letter that I would consider Policy Research Methods too.

Update - UCLA HPM offer came in today a couple hours ago! Sending good vibes to everyone else!