PhD/DrPH Applicants: Fall 2021

5 minutes ago, InternationalpHD said:

Hello guys, 

I have been reading all the posts, and its a mixed feeling as I haven't heard back from most schools I applied to. 

I am an International student, currently pursuing my MPH and graduating this May. I have an MBBS degree(equivalent to MD) from my home country. 1 publication. 3+year PH experience (International and Domestic)

Undergrad GPA: 3.0 and Master's: 3.6

I applied to a lot of schools for PhD/DrPH programs

Drexel, BU, JHU, Emory, TAMU, UCLA, Berkeley, Yale, NYU, University of Miami, Ohio State, Indiana, Pittsburgh, UPenn, Minnesota, Tulane

I have been rejected by Emory and JHU. 

Its so silent from the rest that it is making me really anxious. Writing here to see what everyone has to say. 

Also congratulations everyone who has been accepted. :)

You have an excellent background!! I am sure you will get a great offer somewhere! Keep your head up!

Which programs did you apply to at JHU? 

28 minutes ago, DarkPassenger said:

You have an excellent background!! I am sure you will get a great offer somewhere! Keep your head up!

Which programs did you apply to at JHU? 

I applied for the family and reproductive health, and also Population Health. I got a rejection from both each a week apart. 

3 hours ago, blakepancake said:

Hi y'all, looks like UC Berkeley sent out DrPH acceptances last night. I tried to enter it into the Results but kept getting an error message.

Did you get an email notification of the acceptance?

3 minutes ago, blakepancake said:

Hi, yes. They emailed to check the portal. I have since received two more emails from the School of Public Health.

Eeek. I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully it's not all over yet. 

Congrats to you though!! Wonderful to hear the good news. 

5 minutes ago, Ajrw said:

Hi all, just checking in to see if anyone has received an interview invite from UNC's DrPH program? It seems like they had gone out by now last year but I am guessing they also had a surge in applications. 

I just got rejection notification from UNC DrPH program. Still waiting on feedback from JHU DrPH program after informal interview in late January.

1 minute ago, oboecho said:

I just got rejection notification from UNC DrPH program. Still waiting on feedback from JHU DrPH program after informal interview in late January.

•  

So sorry to hear that! I am going to check my portal now as maybe I have a rejection waiting for me. Wishing you the best with JHU! 

Anyone knows when will JHU HPM release their results? I had an interview in mid-Jan and the faculty said the results would come out in two/three weeks. But it's the time rn!! The waiting time is soooo brutal and I'm losing confidence...

7 minutes ago, PhDAPP2021 said:

Anyone knows when will JHU HPM release their results? I had an interview in mid-Jan and the faculty said the results would come out in two/three weeks. But it's the time rn!! The waiting time is soooo brutal and I'm losing confidence...

Which track did you apply to? Based on last year's results, people started getting decisions around this week!

1 hour ago, 2021epiphd said:

Just received a rejection email from Emory Epidemiology PhD. Not surprised as I hadn’t  heard anything since applying. 

I am still waiting on Harvard, Columbia, Yale, BU, Brown, McGill, and U Toronto (all epi). Haven’t heard anything from them. 

Same here, rejected by Emory and U of Washington.  Best of luck!

3 minutes ago, Epi62 said:

Same here, rejected by Emory and U of Washington.  Best of luck!

Ditto. Rejected from JHU and U of Washington. Still waiting to hear back from Harvard and UCLA. ID Epi tracks. ?

20 minutes ago, phdorbust21 said:

Which track did you apply to? Based on last year's results, people started getting decisions around this week!

14 minutes ago, PhDAPP2021 said:

The econ track! omg I'm so nervous!!

I interviewed in early Jan for the HSR track. I was told by the interviewer that it would be released Feb 15th. Not sure if they meant BY Feb 15th or ON Feb 15th lol.

2 minutes ago, EpiNYC said:

Ditto. Rejected from JHU and U of Washington. Still waiting to hear back from Harvard and UCLA. ID Epi tracks. ?

lol waiting to hear back from Harvard PHS too!  Fingers crossed

Just now, DarkPassenger said:

I interviewed in early Jan for the HSR track. I was told by the interviewer that it would be released Feb 15th. Not sure if they meant BY Feb 15th or ON Feb 15th lol.

My birthday is Feb 15th ? So I'm either gonna have a really great birthday this year or a disappointing one.