PhD/DrPH Applicants: Fall 2021

3 minutes ago, MCH_Hopeful_2021 said:

I have no clue! Sorry. If I’m virtual though, I personally don’t plan on moving until I can do so safely with a little one, preferably with both myself and my husband vaccinated.

Also, how would they know if you moved or not? 

Agreed. Do you know if it would be just for the fall? Or winter semester as well? I'd rather have the whole year virtual. I think things work differently at Oxford because they make you stay at one of their 'colleges'... basically like a residence. Kinda strange.

Just now, DarkPassenger said:

Agreed. Do you know if it would be just for the fall? Or winter semester as well? I'd rather have the whole year virtual. I think things work differently at Oxford because they make you stay at one of their 'colleges'... basically like a residence. Kinda strange.

Ah, I see. Okay. No, no word on future semesters, just the Fall. But with things being so fluid, I don’t blame them for not projecting out more. 

44 minutes ago, CommunityHealth21 said:

Hello everyone! 

Congratulations to all of you who have already been accepted! And the best wishes to those who are still waiting for your acceptances! 

I have bee following the forum for some time by only now have decided to say something. I am applying to PhD programs that are relate to community health, MCH, and social and behavioral sciences. I was wondering if anyone has applied/heard back from: University of Miami (prevention sciences and community health), University of Florida (Social and Behavioral Sciences), and UIC (Community Health - MCH)? 

I actually go to UF and I’m getting my MPH in SBS. I didn't apply because I need a change of atmosphere. Usually their acceptances come back around the middle of February or the end. If you want more information I would email Dr. Jamie Pomeranz, I believe he is the PhD coordinator for PH. 

25 minutes ago, 1stgenPhD said:

Has anyone heard from the following PhD programs?

1. Pitt, behavioral and community health sciences

2. JHU, mental health 

3. BU, HSR

4. UNC, health behavior 

I also applied to UNC HB and I haven’t heard a thing. I THINK I saw that someone was invited to interview though. I haven’t heard from BU HSR either but I know that interviews went out from what I’ve seen on this forum ?

40 minutes ago, 1stgenPhD said:

Has anyone heard from the following PhD programs?

1. Pitt, behavioral and community health sciences

2. JHU, mental health 

3. BU, HSR

4. UNC, health behavior 

11 minutes ago, MNCH Hopeful said:

I also applied to UNC HB and I haven’t heard a thing. I THINK I saw that someone was invited to interview though. I haven’t heard from BU HSR either but I know that interviews went out from what I’ve seen on this forum ?

Hey y'all, interview invites for both UNC HB and BU HSR have been sent out ? BU has their second round of interviews on Feb 12th

16 minutes ago, phdorbust21 said:

Hey y'all, interview invites for both UNC HB and BU HSR have been sent out ? BU has their second round of interviews on Feb 12th

Thanks I’m gonna go cry now ❤️ :) 

1 hour ago, 1stgenPhD said:

I actually go to UF and I’m getting my MPH in SBS. I didn't apply because I need a change of atmosphere. Usually their acceptances come back around the middle of February or the end. If you want more information I would email Dr. Jamie Pomeranz, I believe he is the PhD coordinator for PH. 

Thank you! That actually helps, do you know if they do interviews. It was not very clear on their website. 

22 minutes ago, phdorbust21 said:

Do they do multiple rounds of interviews to finalize candidates? For DrPH too??

5 minutes ago, 1stgenPhD said:

Thanks I’m gonna go cry now ❤️ :) 

Nooooo omg I'm so sorry!! Please know that you are worthy and qualified and not hearing from a program is in NO WAY a reflection of your abilities as a student and public health professional.

There is still plenty of time to hear back from other programs, and please know that I'll be thinking about you ❤️

42 minutes ago, Rka said:

UMN sent an email asking to check the link for an exciting news. When I did it was a rejection  felt really bad. 

That's so awful!!! They handled that terribly!!! 

I'm so sorry for this experience... ?  Hope you receive the real exciting news soon... ?

2 hours ago, Labgy75 said:

Well that is good to know dr_megaevil.  Did you reach out to them yourself or was this an automated email?  Which track did you apply to?  I applied to the DrPH Laboratory Science and Practice.  Thanks!

I needed help with myUSF/NetID stuff so I emailed the office along with questions about admission process and interviews, etc.

She replied back after 6 weeks and that was all she had to say about the admission...

I applied to the Advanced Practice Leadership track! :D  

1 hour ago, CommunityHealth21 said:

Thank you! That actually helps, do you know if they do interviews. It was not very clear on their website. 

Yes they do. My advisor said that they usually will just ask generic questions like research interests, why you want to go there, and to tell them about yourself